NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 168 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Club President, Denis Smith RIP

1. There is a beautifully-written tribute to Denis on the BFC site, by Peter Gilham.
    It brings a tear to the eye...

2. 1 user(s) liked this post
    kevalutonbee (6th March 2015)
    Rip :(

Joined in Oct 2007
    From Flackwell Heath, The Shire
    6,687 Posts
    5,396 Likes for 2,293 Posts
    RIP Denis - Didn't know him but heard he was a real gentleman and did amazing things for our club. Condolences to his family and friends.
    Thank god my Dad was born in South Acton and not Shepherds Bush....

5. RIP

Joined in Feb 2002
    From Can You See The Real Me?
    18,445 Posts
    1,823 Likes for 984 Posts
    RIP Denis.
    Come on you Bees.

Joined in Feb 2001
    From UB10 England & 06160 France
    18,085 Posts
    667 Likes for 262 Posts
    RIP Denis
    Any posts by Bee H are purely his personal opinion !

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFBEE View Post
    There is a beautifully-written tribute to Denis on the BFC site, by Peter Gilham.
    It brings a tear to the eye...
    Lovely bit of writing there! RIP Denis.

As a previous poster has stated it would be nice for someone ITK (if its ok) to write a little about what he did for the club for those that know very little about him. I know a bit about him and the hard work he has put into the club, but not enough to have a full understanding.

RIP Denis x
    dream as if you will live for ever, live as if you will die today

10. Sounds like a selfless and committed member of the Bees family, in fact one of the major contributors to our club.His significance should not be under-valued ,heartfelt condolences to Denis's friends and family.RIP

RIP
    We don't own Brentford FC we have borrowed it from our children. Take care of it please

Joined in Aug 2003
    From Deepest Hampshire
    3,030 Posts
    293 Likes for 193 Posts
    I knew Denis and his wife Renee for many years and enjoyed time with them on the Lifeline Holidays to the USA where they were very good at keeping my 12 year old son amused.

Around 5.00 p.m. on most days Denis would say "Renee it's time for Tiffin" and out came the gin and tonic !

I remember on one particular coach trip in the States it got to 5.00 p.m. and Denis asked me if I would like a drop of his "special" lemonade which I duly accepted.Typical Denis he had put some gin and tonic into a lemonade bottle and was happy to share it around. A true gentleman who gave his heart and soul to BFC and who will be sadly missed - R.I.P. Denis.
    Alltid ser det fra den lyse side av liv !

13. 1 user(s) liked this post
    bees66 (6th March 2015)
    RIP Denis. It; thanks to Denis and his like that we are watching this great club.
    If my posts offend, then please do not read them. they should not be taken seriously.

Another bees fan joins the special crowd up there,dennis glad to have known you over the years bfc through and through sad you couldnt have lasted this season out our best ever R I P Dennis

RIP Dennis
    Daddybee

RIP Dennis , condolences to family and friends.
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

He will be sadly missed - a true Brentford legend.
    It's not the taking part, it's the winning that counts !

Joined in Feb 2011
    From Mostly Northolt Recently Ickenham
    289 Posts
    303 Likes for 75 Posts
    I knew Dennis very well particularly during my 26 years as Chief Steward at the club when he paid all the stewards out at half time. His contribution to our club during those difficult years is impossible to measure but no doubt the thousands of pounds he raised for the cause over the years through the lifeline society is on the record. We talk about legends but I can assure you that this guy and his lovely wife Renee were the real deal. He is one of a small number of people whose efforts while we were bumping along at the bottom of the football league saved our beloved club for us all to enjoy today. RIP Dennis

20. 6 user(s) liked this post
    Aberdeen flyer (6th March 2015), Banana (6th March 2015), Bee H (7th March 2015), Billy Hunt (6th March 2015), HertfordBee (6th March 2015), kaebess (7th March 2015)
    Rip and thank you for your work.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Cippenham - the posh bit of Slough
    5,013 Posts
    1,262 Likes for 598 Posts
    RIP . Respect, admiration and appreciation for all your work on behalf of BFC

Joined in Feb 2011
    From Mostly Northolt Recently Ickenham
    289 Posts
    303 Likes for 75 Posts
    Just a follow up to my earlier post a few years ago I was asked by a regular taxi customer of mine whether I would pick up a business colleague at Heathrow airport who was flying in from his home in the USA. Apparently he was big in the advertising business and his name was Mr Smith, who had to be taken to a meeting in the west end. I duly picked him up and as we came past Griffin Park on the M4 he mentioned that his Dad was involved with the football club. As we talked the penny dropped that his father was Dennis and we spent the rest of the journey discussing his dad and how much respect I had for him. Can not remember his first name but this morning I am thinking of him.

24. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Thorne In The Side (7th March 2015), TW3Bee (7th March 2015)
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From Garthamlock - the sunny East End of Glasgow
    4,633 Posts
    1,297 Likes for 732 Posts
    RIP thank you for all that you did

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bond View Post
    I knew Dennis very well particularly during my 26 years as Chief Steward at the club when he paid all the stewards out at half time. His contribution to our club during those difficult years is impossible to measure but no doubt the thousands of pounds he raised for the cause over the years through the lifeline society is on the record. We talk about legends but I can assure you that this guy and his lovely wife Renee were the real deal. He is one of a small number of people whose efforts while we were bumping along at the bottom of the football league saved our beloved club for us all to enjoy today. RIP Dennis
    Nice words, RIP Dennis.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,601 Posts
    959 Likes for 548 Posts
    Two years now today but never forgotten. RIP

Thread Information