Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 675

Thread: Rico Henry - Signs to June 2021

  1. #626
    Forrest looked to get at him early in the game and he didn't seam to handle it , as others have said he was poor today

  2. #627
    him and flojo just doesn't seem to be working on the left at the moment unfortunately

  3. #628
    He was poor last week at Sheffield and even worse today. We are very weak at left back atm

  4. Their rb pressed him early and he never really got going or found space.

    Sorely misses Canos.

  5. #630
    I said it after sitting in the away end at Sheffield. He's a definite talent but he seems ineffective in the final third when he over thinks things, e.g. when cutting back and thinking 2 or 3 times what to do. Much better when he drifts past or alongside a man and then delivers a ball.

    Unfortunately he was also at fault for one forest goal today when trying to pass it out under pressure when booting out was the correct option.
    Est. Since 1976

  6. #631
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tree View Post
    yeah he's not quite on it, but not in a problematic way - just a bit of form / confidence, hopefully

    wish he'd cross it more though. it's probably just not our style, but he looks like he could potentially be dangerous, yet actually plays too conservatively / cautiously at times.
    Agree didn't look confident asking for the ball or going forward but probably one of the best fullbacks defensively in the league.

  7. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerbee View Post
    Thought most of our threat came down the right.....interesting in terms of what's being said about Dalsgaard....
    Most of Forest's threat came down our right side, too!

  8. #633
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
    He was poor last week at Sheffield and even worse today. We are very weak at left back atm
    He's being targeted. He got a lot of clattering today, opposition players are targeting him for a bit of roughing up because they know how dangerous he can be down the flank. They're doubling up on him and Jozefzoon is not helping him out. unBEEliveable's comment above is spot on in my mind, the Henry/Jozefzoon combination isn't working very well. Jozefzoon is an off the bench player to inject a bit of spice and pace into proceedings but Canos should be starting, he's more dangerous and works better with Henry.

    But to suggest we're weak at LB, when we have one of the best LB's in the division is a little OTT in my mind.
    There are only three types of people: Those who can count and those who can't - R Feynman.

  9. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Sean (13th August 2017)
  10. Quote Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
    He was poor last week at Sheffield and even worse today. We are very weak at left back atm
    Your having a laugh mate, I cannot believe the rubbish on here, we have one of the best left backs here at Griffin Park that we have ever had and after only two games this season he is suddenly shit, have you forgotten how he played the last half of last season and the way he had Tom Ince in his pocket ‘who is now a premier league player’, and the joy he gave use when Incy starting throwing tantrums because of it. Yes he made the mistake which led to the second goal where maybe he should of just put it out, but to suggest we are weak at left back is a big joke, fans will always look for a scapegoat after a defeat, I am surprise Sawyers is not getting stick for us losing.
    Henry gives us balance, our keeper and other defenders look out for Henry on the left flank where we can start some of our attacks from, unfortunately the opposition know about this and his speed which can cause problems to the opposition, so they close him down, which was the case today but Henry still played well apart from the mistake he made, but he will learn from this and become a better player, you mustn't forget he just turned 20 years of age so he will make more mistakes.

    Against Sheffield United Henry had a lot of the ball and always went looking to play the ball forward but 8 times out of 10 there was no one making any runs or nothing was on, so had to play the ball backwards or sideways which made him look bad. He played better when Watkins came on for FloJo and made himself available and made runs which Henry could find with a pass. If any fans out there have access to the video you can look for yourselves. In my opinion Henry and Canos is the better pairing and will be devastating against any opposition.
    Last edited by Beeswaxnees; 13th August 2017 at 02:07.

  11. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Bill Benn (13th August 2017), IDontBeeLieveIt (13th August 2017)
  12. #635
    He's not the finished product and often makes poor decisions on the ball. I think his current ability has been overrated on here at times, but he has massive potential and is clearly our best left back.

  13. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Sean (13th August 2017)
  14. #636
    Joined in Sep 2013
    From In the shed at the bottom of the garden.
    931 Posts
    411 Likes for 231 Posts
    Blaming him for the second goal against Forest is harsh. He harried back and won the ball but got no help to play the ball out from defence. We don't do hoof ball. The goal was scored by a player who reacted to the ricochet off a post while two defenders stood and watched.

  15. #637
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeswaxnees View Post
    Your having a laugh mate, I cannot believe the rubbish on here, we have one of the best left backs here at Griffin Park that we have ever had and after only two games this season he is suddenly shit, have you forgotten how he played the last half of last season and the way he had Tom Ince in his pocket ‘who is now a premier league player’, and the joy he gave use when Incy starting throwing tantrums because of it. Yes he made the mistake which led to the second goal where maybe he should of just put it out, but to suggest we are weak at left back is a big joke, fans will always look for a scapegoat after a defeat, I am surprise Sawyers is not getting stick for us losing.
    Henry gives us balance, our keeper and other defenders look out for Henry on the left flank where we can start some of our attacks from, unfortunately the opposition know about this and his speed which can cause problems to the opposition, so they close him down, which was the case today but Henry still played well apart from the mistake he made, but he will learn from this and become a better player, you mustn't forget he just turned 20 years of age so he will make more mistakes.

    Against Sheffield United Henry had a lot of the ball and always went looking to play the ball forward but 8 times out of 10 there was no one making any runs or nothing was on, so had to play the ball backwards or sideways which made him look bad. He played better when Watkins came on for FloJo and made himself available and made runs which Henry could find with a pass. If any fans out there have access to the video you can look for yourselves. In my opinion Henry and Canos is the better pairing and will be devastating against any opposition.
    His defending yesterday was naïve at best. He really does need to think about what he's doing. So much of sport is in the mind.
    Brilliant Bees sting the oppos, but at Griffin Park it's Honey I Love You

  16. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcavell View Post
    He's not the finished product and often makes poor decisions on the ball. I think his current ability has been overrated on here at times, but he has massive potential and is clearly our best left back.
    He's our only left back atm
    Brilliant Bees sting the oppos, but at Griffin Park it's Honey I Love You

  17. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by Vid View Post
    Blaming him for the second goal against Forest is harsh. He harried back and won the ball but got no help to play the ball out from defence. We don't do hoof ball. The goal was scored by a player who reacted to the ricochet off a post while two defenders stood and watched.
    I like him but he mucked up horribly for their second with a misplaced pass to their player in space on the edge of our box.
    He tried to play it short when it should have been cleared, it's the way we play but when it goes wrong it can be costly.

  18. #640
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From Hull, East Yorkshire
    7,429 Posts
    1,251 Likes for 681 Posts
    I think his forward play has been hampered by us having a defensive midfield 3 as they all seemed to be standing square of him.

    Having the options of Mokotjo square, FloJo wide and Sawyers/Watkins at no.10 might have yielded better results over the 90 mins

  19. #641
    Without Canos infront of him he seems hesitant to play the ball forward , Flojo not showing for him allot of the time and Josh had to come in to give him an option. Canos isn't afraid to receive the ball under pressure and turn his man and rico knows this, current partnership isn't working out.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
    His defending yesterday was naïve at best. He really does need to think about what he's doing. So much of sport is in the mind.
    For example? When? Please Explain? You've must have noticed something we haven't, be interesting to hear your point of view which your totally entitled too.
    Last edited by Beeswaxnees; 13th August 2017 at 16:03.

  21. #643
    Explain we?

  22. #644
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From Cernosice, Czechia
    30,069 Posts
    3,083 Likes for 1,859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
    He's our only left back atm
    apart from the guy who played Tuesday
    let's quit all this feudin' and fussin' and get down to some lovin'

  23. #645
    I wouldn't go so far as saying he was poor yesterday but he isnt as good as some people make out...yet

  24. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as saying he was poor yesterday but he isnt as good as some people make out...yet
    I would, he was poor yesterday. Doesn't make him a bad player but he had a bad game yesterday.

  25. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tree View Post
    apart from the guy who played Tuesday
    With any experience who could step in and reliably perform as anything other than a temporary stand in.
    Brilliant Bees sting the oppos, but at Griffin Park it's Honey I Love You

  26. #648
    I rate him as a class acquisition. Has something very special about him. Seemed to me to be a strength in our defence yesterday.

  27. Anyone who thinks he's shit should automatically be ignored for being so far from having a clue that they're in danger of being made a guest star on Made in Chelsea.

  28. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Old B (16th August 2017)
  29. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by unBEEliveable View Post
    him and flojo just doesn't seem to be working on the left at the moment unfortunately
    Jozef kept running inside, rather than make the wide run to pull out a defender; very bad tactics and left too much responsinilty on the young lad to beat defenders and get a good cross in. Jozef needs to work something with him a lot more or try someone else in front of Henry.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dan Bentley - Signs to June 2020
    By Easter 1959 in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 707
    Last Post: 16th August 2017, 23:36
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th August 2016, 16:50
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th August 2016, 16:40
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th January 2016, 23:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •