NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 134 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff (A): 8 April

Quote Originally Posted by Voice from the Braemar View Post
    the next proper awayday.......get on board people as its a great drinking city day out at a decent new ground which is very walkable from the city centre/station/pubs........nothing like the old days for those of a scaredy cat nature, trust me its like going to a corporate disneyworld compared to ninian park in the late 80's good ticket prices too...........i thoroughly recommend.........right who's going then ??????

Joined in Apr 2003
    From 3d Jazz Mart-Motorcity.......
    53,709 Posts
    5,051 Likes for 3,424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GABS View Post
    Anyone know what the away end family section is like? Seems to be a separate area from what I've read, could be wrong.
    its in the same bit of the away end chief.....not seperate ive got em in their as well as good deal with the kids tickets
    don't worry, I always know best ;)

4. 1 user(s) liked this post
    GABS (20th March 2017)
    Joined in Jan 2010
    From Twickenham
    1,990 Posts
    1,376 Likes for 591 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogging View Post
    I'm just hoping to see Fleet John in action for this one. Being just down the train line from him at Hemel got to say I am excited to bump into him either there or back on the day #cans
    Don't hold your breath for a match report as he leaves after 25 mins and goes to the pub, but mind you, The pre-match banter is great and worth reading

6. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Fleet John (20th March 2017)
    6 of us going.
    dream as if you will live for ever, live as if you will die today

Great Banter

Quote Originally Posted by eaglebee View Post
    Don't hold your breath for a match report as he leaves after 25 mins and goes to the pub, but mind you, The pre-match banter is great and worth reading
    Promise I will stay till the end here Also one of only 3 grounds in the League that does Strongbow on tap
    Great Banter

10. 1 user(s) liked this post
    eaglebee (21st March 2017)
    Joined in Mar 2004
    From Here, there and everywhere......
    4,095 Posts
    1,430 Likes for 721 Posts
    Been there over the last couple of seasons and its boring and sterile compared to back in the day. I'll be in Stockholm that weekend letting off flares and smoke grenades..........
    'Concrete jungle, the animals are after me'

12. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Brentford_till_die (21st March 2017), Voice from the Braemar (21st March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheerwater Bee View Post
    Been there over the last couple of seasons and its boring and sterile compared to back in the day. I'll be in Stockholm that weekend letting off flares and smoke grenades..........
    Hammerby ultras on tour mate!!

14. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Sheerwater Bee (21st March 2017)

08:30 up - arrives 10:47

18:26 back
    Great Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet John View Post

08:30 up - arrives 10:47

18:26 back
    same one back I think everyone will be on that one

17. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Fleet John (21st March 2017)
    The gloryhunter won't be travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheerwater Bee View Post
    Yep, went to the game there at Christmas 2014 (when we played out of this world for 45 minutes) and was shocked. What a contrast to Ninian Park for the 1-4 game in 1999. That was something else!

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyjim View Post
    Hammerby ultras on tour mate!!
    Deffo want to experience it one day.

21. 1 user(s) liked this post
    sonnyjim (21st March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildford Bee View Post
    Yep, went to the game there at Christmas 2014 (when we played out of this world for 45 minutes) and was shocked. What a contrast to Ninian Park for the 1-4 game in 1999. That was something else!
    I travelled via train and bus replacement from University in Southampton for that one. Quite a treck, remember Herman the Great being at fault for one goal "KICK IT OUT" I shouted, to no avail
    Est. Since 1976

23. Quote Originally Posted by GABS View Post
    I travelled via train and bus replacement from University in Southampton for that one. Quite a treck, remember Herman the Great being at fault for one goal "KICK IT OUT" I shouted, to no avail
    Herman never liked giving it the boot. Always wanted to dribble out. Scored against Bardiff in the home game iirc. It was the day after my mum died and the last time my brother, dad and I went to a home game together. Remember it well for that reason. Dad past on some years ago but brother is now a season ticket holder for Northampton Saints egg chasers. WTF?

same one back I think everyone will be on that one
    I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Benn View Post
    I'm not
    oh damn

Just booked 5 match tickets as well as an Air B&B for the Friday and Saturday night!! Cant wait going to be class.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Isleworth_Bee View Post
    Just booked 5 match tickets as well as an Air B&B for the Friday and Saturday night!! Cant wait going to be class.
    This sounds like carnage. How does it fit in with your marathon training please?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J View Post
    This sounds like carnage. How does it fit in with your marathon training please?
    **** ive been rumbled.

Its going to be horrible, meeting the brother in law whos down from West Wales so going to be messy. But i am taking the trainers for a Sat morning run round Cardiff bay

On the running front im 1.5 stone down in weight and all midweek drinking has been cancelled for the last two months. This is my last big couple of nights before the run

We have QPR at home the day before which will be tough to have no booze............. Im gutted but its Fulham away the week after so

29. Quote Originally Posted by Isleworth_Bee View Post
    But i am taking the trainers for a Sat morning run round Cardiff bay
    Good luck with that. It's a lovely little spot.

30. 2 user(s) liked this post
    BFC T.O.M (30th March 2017), Isleworth_Bee (28th March 2017)
    Moneys too tight to mention as someone once sang so Jambo and i have booked mega coach there but dont fancy that back

anyone happen to have train tickets they dont want or 2 seats in car for way back ? , will chip in for petrol obvs.
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    Moneys too tight to mention as someone once sang so Jambo and i have booked mega coach there but dont fancy that back

anyone happen to have train tickets they dont want or 2 seats in car for way back ? , will chip in for petrol obvs.
    wtf ????????? thats only 1 step from drinking buckfast on the floor outside of victoria coach station mate bunk the train back, theres never any guards on return trips.................most of the time

33. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Banana (3rd April 2017), scaramanga (30th March 2017)
    wtf ????????? thats only 1 step from drinking buckfast on the floor outside of victoria coach station mate bunk the train back, theres never any guards on return trips.................most of the time
    needs must mate sadly
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

35. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Voice from the Braemar (31st March 2017)

Thread Information