NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 138 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hermit App

  1. #1
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    47,756 Posts
    12,703 Likes for 5,544 Posts

    Hermit App

    Just passing this on to those of you who miss Tapatalk on your mobile device. I was irritated with having to open my browser to access the GPG but I found an app called Hermit (I'm sure there must be alternatives). What this does is "app-ise" any website which means that you create what they call a Lite App which effectively renders the GPG in its own browser container that you can create a shortcut for. It's handy - you should give it a go.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

  2. #2
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    47,756 Posts
    12,703 Likes for 5,544 Posts
    Should add that I'm using this on Android. No idea if it's available for iOS.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

  3. #3
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From London
    52,560 Posts
    6,257 Likes for 2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Should add that I'm using this on Android. No idea if it's available for iOS.
    I just spent two minutes looking for this. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  4. #4
    If all you want to do is access a website like the GPG from your home screen, there's no need for an app like this for Apple devices, as you can shortcut any website's home page (or any other page for that matter) to your home screen. Didn't know you couldn't do this with Android devices.

    Maybe that's why it doesn't seem to be available for IOS?

  5. #5
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    47,756 Posts
    12,703 Likes for 5,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeybee View Post
    If all you want to do is access a website like the GPG from your home screen, there's no need for an app like this for Apple devices, as you can shortcut any website's home page (or any other page for that matter) to your home screen. Didn't know you couldn't do this with Android devices.

    Maybe that's why it doesn't seem to be available for IOS?
    A shortcut open the full browser still? This doesn't - just opens it like an app.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

  6. #6
    Err ... yes, tapping on the shortcut takes you to the page in Safari. It just saves you from opening Safari and then having to go to eg the GPG via bookmark or whatever. Looks like you were after something more exciting than that.

    Probably best if I avoid posting on techy threads in future. Doesn't help that I've never used an android device so don't know how they differ from Apple from a user perspective.

  7. #7
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    47,756 Posts
    12,703 Likes for 5,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeybee View Post
    Err ... yes, tapping on the shortcut takes you to the page in Safari. It just saves you from opening Safari and then having to go to eg the GPG via bookmark or whatever. Looks like you were after something more exciting than that.

    Probably best if I avoid posting on techy threads in future. Doesn't help that I've never used an android device so don't know how they differ from Apple from a user perspective.
    Exciting? I really hope that life offers things more exciting than this......

    Anyway, I found it useful so thought I'd pass it on just in case there are any other thrill seekers out there.

  8. #8
    And I'll go back to explaining to my mother in law how to send an email from her iPad.

  9. #9
    Joined in Feb 2002
    From Can You See The Real Me?
    18,399 Posts
    1,796 Likes for 968 Posts
    I thought this was a thread about Crabs!

    Come on you Bees.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenBee View Post
    I thought this was a thread about Crabs!

    I thought it was an update on an ex academy player plying his trade in non league football

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •