Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: The Club Shop

Joined in Mar 2004
    From Here, there and everywhere......
    4,095 Posts
    1,430 Likes for 721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentford Bob View Post
    Really, really disappointing service in there yesterday with regards to the free kids shirts.

First up, me and my youngest went in there before the game to collect the shirts for him and his brother, only to be told that can only be collected after the game....

Me: "only problem with that is that we'll miss our train"
    Shop: "were open Monday to Friday to collect"

Me: "we live in Southampton"
    Shop "you can collect after today's game then"

And round and round we went...

I decided to catch the later train so the kids could have their shirts for when we go on holiday next week.

Then, after queuing up in the shop, I'm told that my youngest could have his shirt but despite having his season card with me, my older lad couldn't have his because he couldn't come to the game today. I pleaded with the two guys handling the distribution, even explaining that my friend had managed to pick up his lads shirt last week with no child present... but to no avail.

Now, I appreciate that this is a free shirt, and beggars can't be choosers, but this kind of red tape stuff drives me mad... what possible difference could it make whether my lad is with me or not?

The upshot is that one son gets to wear a new shirt on holiday, and the other one doesn't.

They were talking rubbish. I went in there last week with just my daughters new ST card and picked up her shirt without her being present..
    'Concrete jungle, the animals are after me'

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Chandlers Ford, Hants.
    9,505 Posts
    1,693 Likes for 703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheerwater Bee View Post
    They were talking rubbish. I went in there last week with just my daughters new ST card and picked up her shirt without her being present..
    As I thought - they bend the rules when it suits them.
    "Disgusting animals inhabit that stand"

Joined in Apr 2000
    9,505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Text of email sent to my son on Friday;
    If it was an email sent to my boys, that'll be why I didn't see it. Surely they'd be better off sending it to the parent/guardian?

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,122 Posts
    12,938 Likes for 5,664 Posts
    If it was an email sent to my boys, that'll be why I didn't see it. Surely they'd be better off sending it to the parent/guardian?
    That's what I thought. A **** up I think as it started off with "Hi parent/carer of ......"
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

5. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Brentford Bob (13th August 2017)
    Joined in Mar 2014
    From Camberley
    1,982 Posts
    808 Likes for 468 Posts
    Saw that email. My son is on holiday with his mother so cannot now pick up shirt until 3rd home game. Cant really understand the reasons for this. Filled in a form back in May stating size and lettering, surely should just be a matter of turning up, proving identity and picking up shirt. Maybe the club should have just posted the shirts out, thereby ensuring they went to right place.

Have the club had issues of people misrepresenting themselves?

Joined in Apr 2000
    9,505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
    Saw that email. My son is on holiday with his mother so cannot now pick up shirt until 3rd home game. Cant really understand the reasons for this. Filled in a form back in May stating size and lettering, surely should just be a matter of turning up, proving identity and picking up shirt. Maybe the club should have just posted the shirts out, thereby ensuring they went to right place.

Have the club had issues of people misrepresenting themselves?
    I would have been happy to pay an extra £6.50 to have both shirts sent to me.

I would have been happy to pay an extra £6.50 to have both shirts sent to me.
    At least you didn't get accused of nicking one.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,601 Posts
    959 Likes for 548 Posts
    Poor quality and thank goodness I stocked up

I collected my daughter's top a couple of weeks ago.
    S/T card in wallet, daughter was at home.

I think that they refuse if the kids top is an adult size,
    just in case dad decides to have a freebee for himself.

But they need to check dad out first and decide whether
    it is genuine. They should've used a bit of common sense
    Bob, no offence meant mate

11. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Brentford Bob (16th August 2017)
    Joined in Dec 2004
    From Ashford MIddx (not bloody Surrey)
    2,443 Posts
    551 Likes for 308 Posts
    I went after full time , A tad chaotic , The queue went into the beer garden .

Wasn't helped by parents getting their kids to try on the shirt once collected from kiosk FFS , I really do despair at times .

Joined in Aug 2002
    48,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel Tavern Bee View Post
    I went after full time , A tad chaotic , The queue went into the beer garden .

Wasn't helped by parents getting their kids to try on the shirt once collected from kiosk FFS , I really do despair at times .
    Maybe they wanted see if the shirt was the right size.

Joined in Dec 2004
    2,443 Posts
    551 Likes for 308 Posts
    Maybe they wanted see if the shirt was the right size.
    Thought that what the pre-order form was for ? Yeah try it on but move out the fecking way for Christ sake .

Nothing to be confused about

Joined in Aug 2002
    48,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel Tavern Bee View Post
    Thought that what the pre-order form was for ? Yeah try it on but move out the fecking way for Christ sake .

Nothing to be confused about
    Impossible to trust child sizes.

16. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017)
    Joined in May 2000
    From Hampton
    4,161 Posts
    409 Likes for 264 Posts
    Love Brentford but by god do they not know customer service !!! ��
    Bring on the footy and the beer!!!!

Agree its a crap service....get there by 2 for a shirt thats probably sitting around in a bag or hang around after and miss my train home to get one? sounds like I might be able to get it tuesday but why do they make you arrive so early? we aren't premier league yet Brentford.

Joined in Dec 2004
    2,443 Posts
    551 Likes for 308 Posts
    Impossible to trust child sizes.
    Nah , I'm an expert . Well , I have got 7 !! Lol

I think i also read you cant collect without the child being present....more arbitary rules

Joined in Jul 2002
    From Hemel Hempstead
    10,214 Posts
    1,392 Likes for 744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Agree its a crap service....get there by 2 for a shirt thats probably sitting around in a bag or hang around after and miss my train home to get one? sounds like I might be able to get it tuesday but why do they make you arrive so early? we aren't premier league yet Brentford.
    I get it, the club shop is tiny and the last thing they want is at peak times, the shop being filled with people picking up a freebie. I understand the frustrations but just another sign that GP and our facilities are far too small and outdated
    Delighted to just be in the Championship......

22. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogging View Post
    I get it, the club shop is tiny and the last thing they want is at peak times, the shop being filled with people picking up a freebie. I understand the frustrations but just another sign that GP and our facilities are far too small and outdated
    I went on a Monday, they were just as miserable then!

Really, really disappointing service in there yesterday with regards to the free kids shirts.

First up, me and my youngest went in there before the game to collect the shirts for him and his brother, only to be told that can only be collected after the game....

Me: "only problem with that is that we'll miss our train"
    Shop: "were open Monday to Friday to collect"
    Me: "we live in Southampton"
    Shop "you can collect after today's game then"

And round and round we went...

I decided to catch the later train so the kids could have their shirts for when we go on holiday next week.

Then, after queuing up in the shop, I'm told that my youngest could have his shirt but despite having his season card with me, my older lad couldn't have his because he couldn't come to the game today. I pleaded with the two guys handling the distribution, even explaining that my friend had managed to pick up his lads shirt last week with no child present... but to no avail.

Now, I appreciate that this is a free shirt, and beggars can't be choosers, but this kind of red tape stuff drives me mad... what possible difference could it make whether my lad is with me or not?

The upshot is that one son gets to wear a new shirt on holiday, and the other one doesn't.
    I feel your pain. I received an email on the Thursday about collecting my 3/yo daughter's kit either before 2pm or after 5pm. I decided to go after the game and we traipsed across from New Road, spent 50mins in the queue only to get to the front and be told "sorry, you ordered a mini-kit and they're not in until Wednesday. You can collect after the Wolves game".

Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by maddogging View Post
    Have them all ready in alphabetical order with no trying on sizes.....should take 30 second per customer....so unhelpful especially when child also.has to be present

Got there nice and early yesterday to collect my free shirt at 1830 only to be told collection was until 1800 only I mean1800 come on!.not to worry I told my 7 year old we will get it after the game...pitched up just after FT (shop was dead) to be told no after game collection mid week.

Was told they are open midweek in case I am around that area (which I never am)

A family member lives not far from GP but can't collect it on my behalf without my child being present .

I can't get to GP before 1400 most Saturdays due to work

Seems like the club are really making it difficult to collect this 'free' shirt

Joined in Jan 2001
    From No longer my beloved NAM
    42,591 Posts
    3,515 Likes for 2,024 Posts
    It's a piss take. And try explaining this sort of shit to 7 years olds ffs

Joined in Jan 2001
    From No longer my beloved NAM
    42,591 Posts
    3,515 Likes for 2,024 Posts
    I don't see here where it says the kids need to be present either? Assuming the ID is for the adult, since kids don't have IDs gumbo

* Free Junior Replica Shirt Redemption: we’ll be asking those eligible for a free Replica Junior Shirt to register by completing an order form online, sent in the welcome (or welcome back) email. Shirts will be made available nearer to the start of the season for collection from the Club Shop, proof of ID will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Got there nice and early yesterday to collect my free shirt at 1830 only to be told collection was until 1800 only I mean1800 come on!.not to worry I told my 7 year old we will get it after the game...pitched up just after FT (shop was dead) to be told no after game collection mid week.

Was told they are open midweek in case I am around that area (which I never am)

A family member lives not far from GP but can't collect it on my behalf without my child being present .

I can't get to GP before 1400 most Saturdays due to work

Seems like the club are really making it difficult to collect this 'free' shirt
    An incredible offer from the club for juniors but very much tainted by this very poor admin. It's just ridiculous.
    Heavy metal, top of the class
    Stuff the media up yer arse

Thread Information