Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

but not captain according to BBC
 

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

Good old BBC they had him as captain on the team sheet before the game !!!
Probably just defaults to the keeper
 
  • Like
Reactions: ITK

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

5th, maybe 6th for Matt Turner? But I have to imagine that as they age, Kochen and Eyestone in 4 years will be the clear 1 and 2, surpassing these middle aged MLS keepers with a low ceiling.
He’s played two games in league two, I think you’re getting a little excited too early that he is that close to an international call up.

Was great that he got called up as a training keeper but that doesn’t mean he’s next in line.
 

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

He’s played two games in league two, I think you’re getting a little excited too early that he is that close to an international call up.

Was great that he got called up as a training keeper but that doesn’t mean he’s next in line.
It will mean that they will get a real good look at him and a chance to evaluate his future potential. So all good ?
 

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

He’s played two games in league two, I think you’re getting a little excited too early that he is that close to an international call up.

Was great that he got called up as a training keeper but that doesn’t mean he’s next in line.
Probably true, but I also think personally that it is far more productive to play these young keepers now in friendlies than it is to have Matt Freese out there. I mean thinking from a next world cup perspective, it’s very difficult to imagine that anyone who isn’t good enough to go play over in Europe will be on the roster at this point. I dont think Eyestone is better than any of those MLS keepers now, but I think it’s beyond reasonable to say he will be in 4 years.
 

Julian Eyestone (On loan at Rotherham)

No call up for the USMNT during the international break. Probably not notable, but the other guy that was a training keeper at the WC camp, Kochen (on loan at Lyngby from Barcelona) did.
Rotherham also have 4 matches during the international break, unlike Lyngby.
 
Back
Top Bottom