Keith Dickens Resigns!

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Two down, two to go....

Keith was always very kind and personable towards me but it was not working out at all with him being at the helm at GP and it's a good thing for both parties that he has left.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

really?

bad scenes. he is in the know. ;) :cool: ;) :cool: very worrying is he thinks we are a lost cause and has given up on us. happy now gpg? just dyke to get rid of. well done...
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

so if dyke goes tomorrow, then presumably you cyberwhingers will rejoice, then what??.............. rsvp please as this is getting slightly urgent, :sorted:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Keith was always very kind and personable towards me but it was not working out at all with him being at the helm at GP and it's a good thing for both parties that he has left.

Nice guy but it has been a terrible reign, maybe more down to where we find ourselves but it hasn't worked for either party. Good luck in your next job.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

so if dyke goes tomorrow, then presumably you cyberwhingers will rejoice, then what??.............. rsvp please as this is getting slightly urgent, !! :sorted:

What is the matter with you and why are you being so abusive?

For what it's worth, I don't think Keith Dickens appointment worked out at all well for Brentford Football Club and probably not for him either so his resignation is a good thing.

Dyke should focus on Lionel Road only. He has apparently been supportive of the project and perhaps has used his fame to help swing things our way. I don't know. But I do know that I'd like to see him step down as Chair of the BFC Board.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Nice guy but it has been a terrible reign, maybe more down to where we find ourselves but it hasn't worked for either party. Good luck in your next job.

As always, good luck to the chap, but anything that edges us nearer to a clean slate has to be a positive.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

really?

bad scenes. he is in the know. ;) :cool: ;) :cool: very worrying is he thinks we are a lost cause and has given up on us. happy now gpg? just dyke to get rid of. well done...

Second that, having spoken to him on a few occasions KD seemed to be relatively clued up under all the smarm. It's a sadder reflection on the club then him in my opinion.

What did you do to scare him off Abee?
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

The bloke didn't have a clue on how to run a small company.

This is very good news.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

What did you do to scare him off abee?

Thats precisely my first thought when I came across this thread. Without knowing abee, I always thought that his appointment to the BFC board would rattle a few feathers.lol
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Looks like some of abee's idea's for running BFC are starting to happen, what is the chance that Keith is replaced by a lower paid person in a administrator type role! A reduction to the loss here already!

:sorted:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I'm not sure what to make of this, so soon after Butcher it looks like he's leaving in solidarity with the ex-manager. I can't help thinking that he just hasn't done anywhere near enough to get us back on track off the field, leaving aside the on the pitch cock ups during his reign.

http://www.brentfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~1182912,00.html

Ten days ago he stuck this in the programme with the sign off:

Keith Dickens said:
voice your passion in the way that is most likely to have a positive effect.

At the end of Saturday's match as I turned to walk out of Ealing Road I saw him standing on the terrace looking glum, surrounded by supporters chanting for Butcher to be sacked. :shrug:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

At the end of Saturday's match as I turned to walk out of Ealing Road I saw him standing on the terrace looking glum, surrounded by supporters chanting for Butcher to be sacked. :shrug:

What would you have thought if he had a broad smile on his face?
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I'm not sure what to make of this, so soon after Butcher it looks like he's leaving in solidarity with the ex-manager. I can't help thinking that he just hasn't done anywhere near enough to get us back on track off the field, leaving aside the on the pitch cock ups during his reign.

Definitely looks like he's decided to go at the same time as Terry "mutually decided" to go. :shrug:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

FFS, it's not personal!!

Keith was an intelligent, pleasant and personable man, just a square peg in a round hole. A man used to having massive support structure whose previous and area of expertise was concept change and strategic long term for a multi national was a brave risk that unfortunately didn't work out.

Brentford, like it or not is a one off, and anyone appointed from outside without knowledge or real background/experience would struggle. I wish KD all the best and sure at a bigger club with the infrastructure, who knows he may do well.

Lets hope the people who we have faith in can continue to quickly turn things around, I'm optimistic as within the last 2 weeks we've witnessed some very positive changes.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

What would you have thought if he had a broad smile on his face?



Agreed. FFS we had just been hammered by a sh*te team called Grimsby.:banghead: :banghead:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

At least KD wont be involved with the selection of a new Manager.
With a bit of luck AS will **** off now.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Having only had one conversation with him this might be an unfair judgement to make, but here goes...he seems undoubtedly a very articulate, intelligent and professional man with skills that will serve him more than well in a vibrant progressive industry.

I just don't think he and the club were as well suited as they could have been at this particular time when it's an "all-hands-to-the-pump" type of approach, ie. the ticketing administrator to sweep the floor and pop out to buy a pint of milk, last one out close the windows, etc, etc.

I'm not sure that's an envorinment where someone like KD is at his best. I wish him well though.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Dickens actually went up in my estimations at the weekend when he stood in the forecourt talking to fans. I got the impression that he wanted to tell the fans far more than he was able to given his position.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think most of you have been very harsh and niave, Brentford will be a poorer place for the loss of KD, I hope the board are proud of themselves, they should have a long hard look in the mirror!!!
PS who's AS for the sack next then?
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

He seemed to have best intentions, but during his time at the club, everything seems to be going to custard (with the exception of the Lionel Rd news last week).

He has been in charge whilst we have had 3 unsuccessful (in fact, disasterous) managerial recruitments. I don't know fully the extent of his influence in those decisions to appoint LR, SF and TB, but I don't think it reads well on his CV.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think the majority of you are also being very two faced..everyone wanted his head a week ago?

For my pennyworth, as much as he was an approachable guy, he was like a fish out of water coming in from a big business corporate company into a small £2m turnover concern.. It just doesn't work.

He was intelligent and articulate but did not understand football and that supporters would not take to his 'Blair type' speeches and rallying calls..most of what he wrote in programmes and on press releases had the average fan tied up in knots as to what it all meant..

Pie charts are not what the average supporter wants to see.. action is.

Looks like someone is ruffling a few feathers already and long may it continue.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think most of you have been very harsh and niave, Brentford will be a poorer place for the loss of KD, I hope the board are proud of themselves, they should have a long hard look in the mirror!!!
PS who's AS for the sack next then?

.............and in 6 months...the mob will rise agian...it'll be the new MD, [insert name her] OUT !
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think most of you have been very harsh and niave, Brentford will be a poorer place for the loss of KD, I hope the board are proud of themselves, they should have a long hard look in the mirror!!!
PS who's AS for the sack next then?

Tell me how the Club improved under Keith Dickens. I am not saying it didn't but please tell me why you think the departure of someone who clearly wasn't right for or coping with the job makes BFC a poorer place?
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Only Dyke to go now! :sorted:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Tell me how the Club improved under Keith Dickens. I am not saying it didn't but please tell me why you think the departure of someone who clearly wasn't right for or coping with the job makes BFC a poorer place?

I think Keith made some major mistakes, with hindsight
I think he did too much analysis and did not provide enough communication and consultation.

However, I feel trepidation, about who BFC will get to in to replace him....I feel he was learning, on the job....and his feel for the club and issues surrounding was improving.

It's a well known FACT ! that I am a Dickens sympathiser, but its more the case, that I am a supporter of continuity and stability....chopping and changing key staff every season is not the way to improve BFC.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think Keith made some major mistakes, with hindsight
I think he did too much analysis and did not provide enough communication and consultation.

However, I feel trepidation, about who BFC will get to in to replace him....I feel he was learning, on the job....and his feel for the club and issues surrounding was improving.

It's a well known FACT ! that I am a Dickens sympathiser, but its more the case, that I am a supporter of continuity and stability....chopping and changing key staff every season is not the way to improve BFC.

Six of one and half a dozen of another, isn't it, Smiffy? Leave in someone who is not doing well and the Club suffers too. And what makes you think he will be replaced? The Board might decide that a different sort of structure is needed and an MD is surplus to requirements.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

.......fair enough, but the decisions and tasks he was working on fall upon whom ?
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Is it time to start the abee for MD campaign????

I should let abee comment for himself but I'm sure:

a) he does not want a job running a small business;
b) the club does need someone in overall charge of all the back-office activites who is employed full-time and reports to the board. Running anything like BFC by committee will never work.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I would hope that maybe abee could now have a more hands on approach and maybe simply making someone like PG admin manager and then getting a more experieced Commercial manager in, might be the better way forward.

:idea:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I'm quite embarassed by our supporters at the moment. How many managers and employees of the club are some people going to need to hound out before they're happy? That, by the way, is a rhetorical question - some would not be happy if we were topping our group in the Champion's league. It's quite frankly delusional. I'm not saying that KD was necessarily the best man for the job (I don't know and I don't see how some other people can either, given that some information does not enter the public domain), but demanding everyone's head on a plate every few months does nothing but perpetuate and sustain the ludicrous instability that has characterized the last decade of Brentford FC's history.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Actions and performances speak louder then words, if Butcher wasn't a success then people from above were always going to follow. If only we had invested the money for payoffs into the playing budget last season.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I'm quite embarassed by our supporters at the moment. How many managers and employees of the club are some people going to need to hound out before they're happy? That, by the way, is a rhetorical question - some would not be happy if we were topping our group in the Champion's league. It's quite frankly delusional. I'm not saying that KD was necessarily the best man for the job (I don't know and I don't see how some other people can either, given that some information does not enter the public domain), but demanding everyone's head on a plate every few months does nothing but perpetuate and sustain the ludicrous instability that has characterized the last decade of Brentford FC's history.


He left.:confused: He has another job lined up.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

For those of you that are interested, I've been reliably informed that KD is on his way to a Championship club.

If this turns out to be the case, I for one will be Pi**ed that he's used our club as a stepping stone to further his own career. Might also explain why the club has been going backwards from the top down. If we appoint someone who isnt in it for the long-haul and doesnt legitamely have the best interests of the club's long term future at heart, then surely we will never progress?

PG for MD!!! we need someone with Red and White blood to run our club!!!
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

As he was leaving Ealing Rd on Saturdays game, he did make a comment about the chants calling for "sack and board" he looked defeated then!
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think the majority of you are also being very two faced..everyone wanted his head a week ago?

For my pennyworth, as much as he was an approachable guy, he was like a fish out of water coming in from a big business corporate company into a small £2m turnover concern.. It just doesn't work.

He was intelligent and articulate but did not understand football and that supporters would not take to his 'Blair type' speeches and rallying calls..most of what he wrote in programmes and on press releases had the average fan tied up in knots as to what it all meant..

Pie charts are not what the average supporter wants to see.. action is.

Looks like someone is ruffling a few feathers already and long may it continue.

:imwith:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

too much Procter and Gamble, not enough Peterborough and Grimsby for me.

Nice bloke, not the man for the job though.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

I think most of you have been very harsh and niave, Brentford will be a poorer place for the loss of KD, I hope the board are proud of themselves, they should have a long hard look in the mirror!!!
PS who's AS for the sack next then?

Hi Keith, great first post on the GPG but you miss the bit of the post that
says "Brentford has announced that chief executive Keith Dickens
resigned his position

:wave: :wave:
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

For those of you that are interested, I've been reliably informed that KD is on his way to a Championship club.

!!

I think you might find that he has promised them the Championship in a few years.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

Everyone has slagged Dickens off on this site, wether we needed someone with a High Profile title is debatable but his main aim was to reduce the money the club was spending. According to the figures in the Programme last week off the top of my head the debts were down to £61K last year as opposed to something like 1/2 Million previously. Does this not show indication that maybe he has done his job? The problem would seem to be Dickens involvement in Football Matters. We need to get someone to maintain the cuts in expenditure that Dickens seems to have put in place.
 

Keith Dickens Resigns!

now can we get someone who will sweat the small stuff as well as the big stuff
 
Back
Top Bottom