I know he hasn't exactly been firing on all cylinders but seems a bit like two steps forward, one step back as I believe Uwe said his ideal number of strikers was four before we signed BWP. Now we are back to three again
Feel slightly uneasy about this. If our strikers were banging in goals, fair enough but as a side, we seemed to have stopped scoring so reducing our options up front is a little worrying.
3 strikers? Maybe Farid is nearer to match fitness than what we think.With him returning we are back to 4 strikers.
Perhaps there is a Farid shaped surprise coming soon !
Feel slightly uneasy about this. If our strikers were banging in goals, fair enough but as a side, we seemed to have stopped scoring so reducing our options up front is a little worrying.
Feel slightly uneasy about this. If our strikers were banging in goals, fair enough but as a side, we seemed to have stopped scoring so reducing our options up front is a little worrying.
Agree with you Les, the only thing I would say is that possibly Uwe made his mind up about Hayes some time ago and it was a done deal once BWP arrived. All I know is that the last time I saw Hayes play against Stevanage at home he missed 2 big chances, maybe that was the last straw, and based on that form is not going to provide too many other options.
Perhaps there is a Farid shaped surprise coming soon !
I find it odd that we have not even tried the Hayes BWP combination especially when you read the comments from Charlton fans about how to get the best out of Wright Phillips.
But Uwe sees him day in day out in training and obviously couldn't see a partnership with BWP. Sure this means Farid much closer than we think to playing . Sub Tuesday ???
I hope Crawley can afford his £4,000 a week...
I find it odd that we have not even tried the Hayes BWP combination especially when you read the comments from Charlton fans about how to get the best out of Wright Phillips.
I hope Crawley can afford his £4,000 a week...
When I suggested he was on that sort of money I got hammered on here.
I don't think Hayes is of the age or experience level where he is going out on loan for 'confidence and match fitness'. I can't imagine he'll feature many more times for us.Lets hope he comes back with some confidence & match fitness
All I know is that the last time I saw Hayes play against Stevanage at home he missed 2 big chances, maybe that was the last straw, and based on that form is not going to provide too many other options.

I hope Crawley can afford his £4,000 a week...
I hope Crawley can afford his £4,000 a week...
When I suggested he was on that sort of money I got hammered on here.
When I suggested he was on that sort of money I got hammered on here.
Doubt you're far off the mark.
Unfortunately hasn't worked out for Hayes here. For whatever reasons we've had no VFM so far. An intelligent player but don't ever recall a slower forward at GP
not sure if the timing is right for a move like this....with all our strikers failing i would have hoped to keep him here as back up at the very least....ive crucified him this season BUT we need as many strikers as we can try at the mo......bizarre decision imho![]()
Doubt you're far off the mark.
Unfortunately hasn't worked out for Hayes here. For whatever reasons we've had no VFM so far. An intelligent player but don't ever recall a slower forward at GP