MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

MotM v Millwall (h)


  • Total voters
    247

Les Beeavinu

Administrator
Joined
5 Aug 2002
Messages
78,924
Reaction score
61,223
Location
Sandhurst

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Now, if I was a betting man .....
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

......................King Kev....................
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock's only challenger for MotM was James Wilson.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

had to be Bostock, for a 17 year old to make us look like a team, after the recent shaky performances, is some achievement.

Special well dones from me for KOC and Bean who won the midfield, and Weston who caused problems all game.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

On the basis that almost everyone will vote for Bostock I'm voting for O'Connor, who I thought was quietly outstanding in the centre of midfield, won a ridiculous amount of ball, swept up anything that was loose and allowed Bean to play further forward than he has of late.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Between 4 players IMO, Bostock, Wilson, Dickson and Bean, who all had good games.

Has to be Bostock though.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

On the basis that almost everyone will vote for Bostock I'm voting for O'Connor, who I thought was quietly outstanding in the centre of midfield, won a ridiculous amount of ball, swept up anything that was loose and allowed Bean to play further forward than he has of late.

................bit of an altercation with Wilson also...............
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

I felt like Danny Foster had the best game of his Bees career so far, and comfortably handled all that was thrown at him without any help from infront of him.

I liked Bostock, there were some good touches, and a well taken goal, and he seemed to enjoy himself, but credit where credit is due, Foster had a good game.

I also think Osborne has to get more game time, he was dominant in the air at the back, and what a cracking volley over the shoulder, would have been such a worthy match winner, wouldn't it? Karleigh for the captaincy!
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

................bit of an altercation with Wilson also...............

Wilson had the altercation and girly strop at Kev.
Clearly Billy Bostock was M.O.M. and for that season I will vote for Super Kev
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

On the basis that almost everyone will vote for Bostock I'm voting for O'Connor, who I thought was quietly outstanding in the centre of midfield, won a ridiculous amount of ball, swept up anything that was loose and allowed Bean to play further forward than he has of late.

Completely agree WEB but it still has to be JB! :)
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

whole team played very well (except foster) and bean and KOC were superb today and weston had his best game yet for us. The MOM is undoubtly Bostock and hia skill on the ball and the effort he put in was amazing. but im voting for wilson as i thought he was defensively sublime throughout the entire match :fishing:
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

I felt like Danny Foster had the best game of his Bees career so far, and comfortably handled all that was thrown at him without any help from infront of him.

!!!
his job is to defend but he spent the whole game backing off the players and not commiting to a tackle, wilson had to come to the rescue due to players literally skipping past him countless numbers of times. osborne was brought on at the end because foster was being torn apart by their left winger!!!

the player in front of him was Bostock, please tell me you're not critiscing him :confused:
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock for me. A different class in the first 25.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

!!!
his job is to defend but he spent the whole game backing off the players and not commiting to a tackle, wilson had to come to the rescue due to players literally skipping past him countless numbers of times. osborne was brought on at the end because foster was being torn apart by their left winger!!!

the player in front of him was Bostock, please tell me you're not critiscing him :confused:

i agree, thought he had a better second half, but very poor first, only a great tackle in first half, rest of the time he just kept backing off and off and off:(:(
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

!!!
his job is to defend but he spent the whole game backing off the players and not commiting to a tackle, wilson had to come to the rescue due to players literally skipping past him countless numbers of times. osborne was brought on at the end because foster was being torn apart by their left winger!!!

the player in front of him was Bostock, please tell me you're not critiscing him :confused:

:imwith:

He was the worst player on the pitch imo (except Price)
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

:imwith:

He was the worst player on the pitch imo (except Price)

I don't want to get into slagging payers off after a decent team performance but I wasn't terribly impressed.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Has to be Bostock but Kev did well and Bean impressed today too.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock is a special talent and at 17 is amazing, therefore has to be MOM. Wilson was also excellent. Except for Price and possible Foster who looks average to me the rest of the team were also very good.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Why are people voting for anyone else? There were some very good performances today but I can't see how anyone at that game, Millwall fans included, could possibly argue against him. :scratch:
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

It has to be Bostock given his contribution and the fact it was his debut. But there were some excellent performances who could have won the award. Wilson and Weston were excellent and Bean and O'Connor got really stuck in too.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

easiest choice ever``````````````````Bostock
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostocks 1st half was brilliant - but I think for a 90 minute shift it has to be Wilson - at times he was covering Bennett AND Foster and his pace got us out of some potentially tricky situations.......Also thought Bean looked very dynamic......
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

I felt like Danny Foster had the best game of his Bees career so far, and comfortably handled all that was thrown at him without any help from infront of him.

I liked Bostock, there were some good touches, and a well taken goal, and he seemed to enjoy himself, but credit where credit is due, Foster had a good game.

I also think Osborne has to get more game time, he was dominant in the air at the back, and what a cracking volley over the shoulder, would have been such a worthy match winner, wouldn't it? Karleigh for the captaincy!

Were you at the game yesterday? I agree with all you say about Karleigh, and if he had replaced Foster at half time, we would probably have won that game, if only because he would have headed clear their numerous corners.

But if that was Foster's best game for the Bees, he must have had some crap games in the past! :confused::confused::confused:
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Were you at the game yesterday? I agree with all you say about Karleigh, and if he had replaced Foster at half time, we would probably have won that game, if only because he would have headed clear their numerous corners.

But if that was Foster's best game for the Bees, he must have had some crap games in the past! :confused::confused::confused:

I fully agree with this post and would suggest that there is now a strong case for Osborne to be given a run in the side at right back.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

I voted for Weston.
His work rate was fantastic and he caused them all sorts of problems all afternoon.
If only the end result was a little better
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

bostock

voted for charlie as he was the only one who applauded the fans,but a big improvement by everyone
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

A much improved performance all round, despite the windy conditions. Bostock however must take the award for M.o.M. for his goals, his effort all over the pitch and the new-found confidence that he brings to the side.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

pleae tell me the votes for foster are a joke :(
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

On the basis that almost everyone will vote for Bostock I'm voting for O'Connor, who I thought was quietly outstanding in the centre of midfield, won a ridiculous amount of ball, swept up anything that was loose and allowed Bean to play further forward than he has of late.

:imwith:
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Johnny B (apart from a complete shocker of a haircut :eek: but I'll put that down to youthful naivety)
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock... ball seemed glued to him at times.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

There is no choice for this but there has to be honourable mentions for many of the outfield players who upped their game compared with the last 6 weeks. Charlie and Ben but in some terrific work to unsettle the Millwall defence; Weston is still learning his trade but he's going to be a great asset; Bean and Kev grafted in the middle. The defence was still patchy, with a lot of uncertainly and unwillingness to tackle, although Dickson broke forward effectively; Foster is a weak link; Wilson covered well but still makes errors of judgement; Bennett looks a shadow of his former self; Karliegh put in a great cameo and drove forward instead of dropping back, just when we needed it. I don't think Price was as bad as some report but...
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Give me John Halls everyday over Foster - ok he'd need Osoborne & Wilson in the middle
to cover for him - but if Foster & Saunders are on 2 year contracts then along with the signing of Kabba they do not represent Andy Scotts best signings.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

No way can I see how people voted for Foster. He got a bit better, but he had an awful first half and made some terrible mistakes. Also backed off far too much...

Bostock - MOTM by a mile. Wilson, Weston & Dickson deserve mentions as well. KO looked excellent when he came on, and I wish we'd brought Cort on at the same time...
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

On the basis that almost everyone will vote for Bostock I'm voting for O'Connor, who I thought was quietly outstanding in the centre of midfield, won a ridiculous amount of ball, swept up anything that was loose and allowed Bean to play further forward than he has of late.

This is spot on! I watched KOC closely yesterday given all the criticism - he was fantastic: a hundred tackles; up-and-down the pitch throughout the game; great distribution. Those who criticise the direction of his passing don't seem to understand what he does for the team. He wins the ball in difficult areas and tries to find someone in more space than he is in; what does it matter if that is some behind him or to the side of him if he has won the ball and the next player can make a more progressive pass? He was my man-of-the match, although Bean was a close second. Of course Bostock was great, but without the O'Connors and the Beans players like him would never get the ball. A final point - all the Bees players (yes, including Price) would have received at least 7/10 from me yesterday. It was a great team performance against an outfit, remember, which made the play-off final last year
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

This is spot on! I watched KOC closely yesterday given all the criticism - he was fantastic: a hundred tackles; up-and-down the pitch throughout the game; great distribution. Those who criticise the direction of his passing don't seem to understand what he does for the team. He wins the ball in difficult areas and tries to find someone in more space than he is in; what does it matter if that is some behind him or to the side of him if he has won the ball and the next player can make a more progressive pass? He was my man-of-the match, although Bean was a close second. Of course Bostock was great, but without the O'Connors and the Beans players like him would never get the ball. A final point - all the Bees players (yes, including Price) would have received at least 7/10 from me yesterday. It was a great team performance against an outfit, remember, which made the play-off final last year

good post, even though bean was my m.o.m.
fantastic team performance yesterday, well done to ALL of them.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Good Day at GP yesterday a real London Derby. M O M for me Wilson he did one and a half Jobs as Bennetts movement and distribution seemed slow and lumbered. Bostock well on my Christmas list for Brentford FC a season long loan please Santa :O)))))) I will be good Honest. The team showed well and as soon as Bostock has worked with the lads a while the future looks bright. On their second goal people are picking on Price, yep his positioning could have been better, but it was a great strike, and he made some great saves especially in the second half.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock for me by some distance. Surprised he has only got 70% of the votes so far.

I thought all except Price played pretty well, midfield battled and Weston looked his most dangerous for some time
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

When Johnny came marching in...

It was a privilege to see Bostock's first goals in league football. I feel sure he will go on to score lots and lots more, and, no doubt, at the highest level.
A very special talent indeed...
He gets my MoM verdict, but special mention to James Wilson, and also to Karleigh for a terrific late cameo !
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock obviously.

That new Brazillian lad who came on as sub looked awesome too. Osbornio.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock was brilliant but have given my vote for Wilson. His performance on saturday is the reason why he has to play at centre half for every game! he was awesome.

Also, what was the row between Kev & Wilson all about?? Seemed to come out of nowhere. I thought Wilson was going to lose it and punch him.
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

Bostock was brilliant but have given my vote for Wilson. His performance on saturday is the reason why he has to play at centre half for every game! he was awesome.

Also, what was the row between Kev & Wilson all about?? Seemed to come out of nowhere. I thought Wilson was going to lose it and punch him.

it came when there was a long ball through: Wilson let the forward run on past him, but then got in a great tackle. I assumed Kev had made some comment about the initial misjudgement - for a moment I was thinking back to Bournemouth last season, and fearing that one or both might be off... but no blows were struck, thanks to someone (Bennett?) holding Wilson back
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

There is no choice for this but there has to be honourable mentions for many of the outfield players who upped their game compared with the last 6 weeks. Charlie and Ben but in some terrific work to unsettle the Millwall defence; Weston is still learning his trade but he's going to be a great asset; Bean and Kev grafted in the middle. The defence was still patchy, with a lot of uncertainly and unwillingness to tackle, although Dickson broke forward effectively; Foster is a weak link; Wilson covered well but still makes errors of judgement; Bennett looks a shadow of his former self; Karliegh put in a great cameo and drove forward instead of dropping back, just when we needed it. I don't think Price was as bad as some report but...

Mrs Shakes (who still follows the GrapeVine) points out that Karleigh spells his name like this! :puppy:
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

it came when there was a long ball through: Wilson let the forward run on past him, but then got in a great tackle. I assumed Kev had made some comment about the initial misjudgement - for a moment I was thinking back to Bournemouth last season, and fearing that one or both might be off... but no blows were struck, thanks to someone (Bennett?) holding Wilson back

It was strange, seemed to flair up from nowhere, after a goal saving tackle from Wilson. It seemed Wilson lost it for a split second and wanted to fight anyone without arms length!
 

MotM v Millwall (h 14-11-2009)

it came when there was a long ball through: Wilson let the forward run on past him, but then got in a great tackle. I assumed Kev had made some comment about the initial misjudgement - for a moment I was thinking back to Bournemouth last season, and fearing that one or both might be off... but no blows were struck, thanks to someone (Bennett?) holding Wilson back

Probably Bennett's best contribution.
If one , or both, of our players had got sent off I reckon we may well have lost that game, plus had a few suspensions for forthcoming games.
Good captaincy.
 
Back
Top Bottom