On my final warning
- 7 Apr 2000
- Reaction score
- Leytonstone / Ilford
THE VOICE OF REASON!Here is your Sunday night Fact Check courtesy of Untouchable (‘Return of the Facts’ edition):
- Win 1-0 at home to Everton
- First win in 6 games
- First clean sheet in 8 games
- Forget all this nonsense about Everton’s form and injuries, they’re a massive team and we’ve beaten them. Their team today includes the England goalkeeper; Seamus Coleman (300 PL appearances and 60 international caps); Ben Godfrey (signed for £25m); Andros Townsend (250 PL appearances); Doucoure (signed for £20m); Iwobi (signed for £28m and 50 international caps)
- First league win v Everton since October 1953
- Fernandez is getting better each game. Made an excellent save just after our goal. Handling and distribution much improved too.
- Charlie Goode had a rock solid first PL start. I’m not interested in hearing from the haters - he’s come into a depleted team and done his job well. Keep it up Charlie
- There is no better penalty taker than Ivan Toney right now. Watched Pickford shift his weight slightly to his left and then bang, ball is in the opposite corner. He’s all over the pitch too. Immense and irreplaceable
- Wissa’s back! Only on the pitch for a handful of minutes but caused chaos. He’s going to score a hatful when he’s reestablished in the team
- For anyone still thinking about complaining about the performance, 13 years ago we lost 2-1 away to Barrow in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup. Today, we’ve beaten Everton (9 times Champions of England and 5 times FA Cup winners) in the PL. Perspective please
- Up to 12th in the PL
- GD back up to 0
- After 13 games, we’re only 2 (TWO) points behind Manchester United. Every BFC fan is taking that at the start of the season
- We’re as close to the Champions League places as we are to the drop zone
- 10 points clear of Newcastle and 7 points clear of Norwich and Burnley
- For those keeping count, last season it took Fulham until match week 23 to reach 16 points; WBA until match week 26 and Sheffield United until match week 33
- A special mention to the sun for blinding the Everton fans and shielding them from their teams abject performance
- Spurs next. We haven’t played them in the league since 1949 and haven’t beaten them in the league since 1948. Our record against them is appalling. But they were embarrassed by NS Mura in their last game and Conte said the ‘situation is not simple’. I fancy Spurs are getting smashed
With apologies for the recent lack of post match Fact Checks. Mrs Untouchable is very poorly and recent news means her life limiting conditions have become a bit more troubling. Although I’ve continued to post on the GPG, it simply hasn’t felt as important.
I wish we had more of you. Some of the comments on this thread are unbelievable! I am having the time of my life watching this club - I still look at the league table and shake my head in disbelief. Is it really us?!
We’ve got major players out and some not match fit in the squad and we’re 12th in the premier league. Yes, the premier league.
My striker is taking a penalty against the England goalkeeper and I had absolutely no doubt he’d score. The geezer is on the front cover of the pannini album! I got excited when we had one tatty sticker on page 45378!
Drink in every win, every goal because it doesn’t last forever!