Player on trial from Doncaster?

Bush Tuckerman

Tactical Genius
Joined
9 May 2001
Messages
3,983
Reaction score
83
Location
Sydney
I hear that we have a player on trial from Doncaster at the moment?

Apparetnly their not happy about it, but the player in question wants to return to the south!

Anyone know anymore?
 

bigmac

Tasty, but full of crap
Joined
15 Jan 2001
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
0
Location
Chippenham, Wiltshire
Where did you hear this?

Adam Lockwood maybe................:confused:
 

Les Beeavinu

Administrator
Joined
5 Aug 2002
Messages
59,878
Reaction score
8,358
Location
Sandhurst
What's Adam Lockwood got to do with Doncaster. Has he ever been there :confused:
 

Simon C

Moderator
Joined
6 Feb 2001
Messages
19,644
Reaction score
1,727
Location
'slow
Les Beeavinu said:
What's Adam Lockwood got to do with Doncaster. Has he ever been there :confused:

:imwith: Are me and Les just being really thick here.
 

Mads Bee

Active member
Joined
10 Aug 2002
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
0
Location
Sandhurst, Berkshire

maddogging

The Silver Fox of the GPG
Joined
12 Jul 2002
Messages
12,069
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Hemel Hempstead
cannot believe it is Lockwood. I'll check it out with my mate, he's a donny fan.
 

maddogging

The Silver Fox of the GPG
Joined
12 Jul 2002
Messages
12,069
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Hemel Hempstead
only players that didn't play in Donny's friendly at Retford on Tuesday where Jason Price, Heffernaan, and McIndoe. McIndoe is going to Barnsley, Heffernaan is going no where and Price would be out of our pay scale.
 
Joined
8 Jun 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
GU16
maddogging said:
only players that didn't play in Donny's friendly at Retford on Tuesday where Jason Price, Heffernaan, and McIndoe. McIndoe is going to Barnsley, Heffernaan is going no where and Price would be out of our pay scale.

Is that the same Jason Price that Uggered off to Tranmere from us
 

Les Beeavinu

Administrator
Joined
5 Aug 2002
Messages
59,878
Reaction score
8,358
Location
Sandhurst
Suntan of the Oak said:
Is that the same Jason Price that Uggered off to Tranmere from us

... because they were offering double the wages that we were, I recall.
 

bigmac

Tasty, but full of crap
Joined
15 Jan 2001
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
0
Location
Chippenham, Wiltshire
Les Beeavinu said:
... because they were offering double the wages that we were, I recall.

Can't blame him then really
 

PJ

Active member
Joined
5 Apr 2000
Messages
5,850
Reaction score
427
Location
Lowestoft
he was offered good money to remain at GP (£1500+) but Tranny offered a couple of hundred more......(if memory serves)
 

PJ

Active member
Joined
5 Apr 2000
Messages
5,850
Reaction score
427
Location
Lowestoft
Gazza Bee said:
:backtotopic:
Any ideas who this triallist actually is?

Its a mystery...some geezer from either Dorchester or Doncaster? ;) :wave:

wheres Brickie Chap when you need him :idea:
 

Downbeat Bee

Well-known member
Joined
2 Jan 2003
Messages
11,723
Reaction score
1,168
Location
The Wild West
Lockwood is a right back / right sided centre back in a back three; just signed for Doncaster.

I wouldn't say he's quite good enough at this level.
 

Mads Bee

Active member
Joined
10 Aug 2002
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
0
Location
Sandhurst, Berkshire
RitchBee said:
Won't he have joined up with the squad playing Ilfacombe tonight if it's true ??.

You would have thought so, any bods going tonight for a nose ??
 

Brickie Chap

Muppet Hunter
Joined
12 Feb 2001
Messages
19,764
Reaction score
3
Location
Wouldnt you like to know
PJ said:
Its a mystery...some geezer from either Dorchester or Doncaster? ;) :wave:

wheres Brickie Chap when you need him :idea:



I've been asked to keep quiet for a few days :(


* For all paying members of the BC Information Line, no refunds will be offered. This is all covered under schedule 3, sub section 4, parts 16 & 17 under the terms and conditions.

abee, answer your phone and I'll tell you whats happening :sorted:
 

hanworthbee

Well-known member
Joined
13 Jun 2005
Messages
29,435
Reaction score
1,595
Location
Ashford
ive no idea who it could be as ive not been down the training ground and dont know anyone in the know.
 

Simon C

Moderator
Joined
6 Feb 2001
Messages
19,644
Reaction score
1,727
Location
'slow
hanworthbee said:
ive no idea who it could be as ive not been down the training ground and dont know anyone in the know.

Thanks for that.
 

Mads Bee

Active member
Joined
10 Aug 2002
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
0
Location
Sandhurst, Berkshire
hanworthbee said:
ive no idea who it could be as ive not been down the training ground and dont know anyone in the know.

Thanks for letting us all know..:D
 

Jezybee

Reassuringly Expensive
Joined
12 Jan 2001
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
2
Location
Chester
Brickie Chap said:
I've been asked to keep quiet for a few days :(
abee, answer your phone and I'll tell you whats happening :sorted:

Club run by fans for fans my arse....

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.
A chap wrote a book about this once, quite good as I remember. Might there be a moral to his story that is pertinent to the current situation.
 

bigmac

Tasty, but full of crap
Joined
15 Jan 2001
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
0
Location
Chippenham, Wiltshire
Jezybee said:
Club run by fans for fans my arse....

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.
A chap wrote a book about this once, quite good as I remember. Might there be a moral to his story that is pertinent to the current situation.

Maybe its because other clubs are sniffing around the player and we want to keep him for ourselves
 

Downbeat Bee

Well-known member
Joined
2 Jan 2003
Messages
11,723
Reaction score
1,168
Location
The Wild West
The club should always shut its mouth until there's something to report, then report it swiftly
 

JBN

In Training
Joined
23 Apr 2001
Messages
17,328
Reaction score
2
Location
Not in Brook Rd Upper
Downbeat Bee said:
The club should always shut its mouth until there's something to report, then report it swiftly

:imwith:
Just when you start to lose all hope, someone out there restores your faith in sense.

Totally agree with you. We sit on our keyboards, hungry for every snippit of info and get upset when the OS is a day/week late with info, because personnel in charge of the OS have the gaul to take holiday and in the close season of all times, just what do they think they are playing at.

Since PG has been back, news on the OS has been up very quickly. Long may it continue.
 

Jezybee

Reassuringly Expensive
Joined
12 Jan 2001
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
2
Location
Chester
The point I was trying to make was given the supposed nature of our club (for the fans by the fans clap-trap) either tell everybody or keep it to yourself.
I was not arguing the merits of not revealing rumours.
 

bees66

Well-known member
Joined
14 Apr 2002
Messages
31,875
Reaction score
6
Location
Northolt
Les Beeavinu said:
... because they were offering double the wages that we were, I recall.

I heard it was £50:eek: Gavin Mahon said to me you can't blame him as his girlfriend lives in Bradford at that time
 

JBN

In Training
Joined
23 Apr 2001
Messages
17,328
Reaction score
2
Location
Not in Brook Rd Upper
Jezybee said:
The point I was trying to make was given the supposed nature of our club (for the fans by the fans clap-trap) either tell everybody or keep it to yourself.
I was not arguing the merits of not revealing rumours.

It is not the clubs fault. Trialists turn up and stay/go.

It is the rumour monger machine of the fans websites that "stir it up". That and the "I know something you don't know" brigade, who love to get one over on their fellow supporter and sign off with "I told you so, I was right all along". It gives them some sort of pervese sexual gratification. :sorted:
 

abee

Well-known member
Joined
13 Apr 2000
Messages
12,868
Reaction score
200
Brickie Chap said:
abee, answer your phone and I'll tell you whats happening :sorted:

Ho, hum.

I knew the name Brickie but nothing to get excited about although I'm surprised that he is coming for the wages you mention.
 

Nick Hester

Formerly known as Greenholme Bee
Joined
11 Oct 2001
Messages
13,652
Reaction score
1
Location
Camberley Surrey
Hopefully its Greg Blundell, I spotted him playing for Northwich Victoria two years ago and contacted the club who in normal fashion failed to get back to me, I telephoned MA who said he'd get a report on him and the very next day Doncaster Rovers snapped him up..
 

homerbees

Formerly known as.
Joined
1 Jan 2004
Messages
2,618
Reaction score
248
Location
Location: Location
Greenholme Bee said:
Hopefully its Greg Blundell, I spotted him playing for Northwich Victoria two years ago and contacted the club who in normal fashion failed to get back to me, I telephoned MA who said he'd get a report on him and the very next day Doncaster Rovers snapped him up..

Well it won't be him, He joined Chester City last season. :wave:
 

Nick Hester

Formerly known as Greenholme Bee
Joined
11 Oct 2001
Messages
13,652
Reaction score
1
Location
Camberley Surrey
homerbees said:
Well it won't be him, He joined Chester City last season. :wave:

F*** so he did!

Knew he was on his way up!!:eek:
 

maddogging

The Silver Fox of the GPG
Joined
12 Jul 2002
Messages
12,069
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Hemel Hempstead
Greenholme Bee said:
Hopefully its Greg Blundell, I spotted him playing for Northwich Victoria two years ago and contacted the club who in normal fashion failed to get back to me, I telephoned MA who said he'd get a report on him and the very next day Doncaster Rovers snapped him up..


mmmmm, I thought his career was slowly dying out, donny binned him and he didn't really do much for Chester last season. But who knows...
 
Top Bottom