Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

**** say can we stop the schoolboy drivel. I for one appreciate the J's fans words on him. All this there league is sh*te rubbish, it's just b***ocks.

Looking forward to McInnes getting the job, good work BFC
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

i can handle most of the "sh*te" stuff lol
but
"sh*te fans", you don't have a clue mate, some of the best fans in the world.
but thats a different debate.

anyway just came on to give you the heads up on Saints and Delboy.
If you don't get him someone else will, no doubt about.
if you do get him there will be some on here eating humble pie i tell you.
and there will be a squad down to see him next season so you better make us welcome.

Thanks for your comments 1884 - both interesting and informative. Not all of us down here confirm to regional stereotypes (ie., we dont all do the hokey kokey and eat jellied eels) as i know that neither do you guys north of the border. Good luck for next season either way.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

**** say can we stop the schoolboy drivel. I for one appreciate the J's fans words on him. All this there league is sh*te rubbish, it's just b***ocks.

Looking forward to McInnes getting the job, good work BFC


:sorted: :imwith:
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Signing one of the most highly rated managers in scotland does show we are ambitious surely ? I think we would be lucky to get him , sounds to me like it would be a great appointment. Far too many on here ignoring the job he has done at St Johnstone imo.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just saying that quite a lot of posters seem to be biggin up Di Matteo, personally I didn'y think he would have been right for us, he'll end up at a bigger club. Steve Coppel on the other hand would have been my choice.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

**** say can we stop the schoolboy drivel. I for one appreciate the J's fans words on him. All this their league is sh*te rubbish, it's just b***ocks.
:imwith: Thank you to the [very sensible and informative] Saints fans who have posted on here. Some posters are making us look very silly.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

I wouldnt mind a friendly up there as part of any agreement
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

If DM gets the gig, and nothing is cast in stone yet I reckon Warbs will be his No2. Warbs, knows a lot of people worth knowing.
I'm not sure what will happen with NF, but I'm sure BFC will look after him.

You reckon this on what basis exactly? What has he "really" done to justify such greatness?

If a new bloke comes in then he will want his own team and his own people. He is not going to be shoe-horned into a position that already has his no'2 in place who has been given the gig based on a few erratic months as a caretaker.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Decent defensive record at home this year for St Johnstone. Home and away record reads the same in won 5, drawn 5, lost 8 – spooky!

Finishing 8th this year? Is that what you guys had hoped for? Or where you hoping to be further up or happy to avoid relegation?

Don’t really know anything outside the top 2 clubs so excuse my ignorance
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Oh, and I cant believe some of the utter drivel being posted by so called Brentford fans on here towards the Sweatys!

Grow up you bloody moo-moos!

Nice work from the hand out seeking layabouts I say!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Signing one of the most highly rated managers in scotland does show we are ambitious surely ? I think we would be lucky to get him , sounds to me like it would be a great appointment. Far too many on here ignoring the job he has done at St Johnstone imo.

:imwith:
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

:imwith: Thank you to the [very sensible and informative] Saints fans who have posted on here. Some posters are making us look very silly.

I would agree but would say that the presumption that we would get and need Duberry needed stamping upon.
Other than that they've been a good read.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Oh yes please

* nods like Churchill the dog *

Overnighter to start and end with. Could well be the messy trip to end all messy trips! Loads of mates that way as well....it would be blinding !!!

Get it on!!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Decent defensive record at home this year for St Johnstone. Home and away record reads the same in won 5, drawn 5, lost 8 – spooky!

Finishing 8th this year? Is that what you guys had hoped for? Or where you hoping to be further up or happy to avoid relegation?

Don’t really know anything outside the top 2 clubs so excuse my ignorance


I think at the start of the season we had hoped we could push for the top six due to the signings we made in the summer, such as, Enckleman and Sam Parkin. Unfortunately Parkin has missed the majority of the season due to injury (he wasn't scoring many goals anyway). However, finishing 8th is still a decent achievement, with the budget we work on and not at any point have we beein in the relegation dogfight. In addition to this we have reached the Scottish Cup Semi Final again which is also an achievement - even though it ended in tears.
If you boys could offer him a budget i am sure he will bring success to you.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

These Jocks are ruining the hard earned reputation of there forefathers with their attitude and approach on here.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

I wouldnt mind a friendly up there as part of any agreement

We last played St Johnstone in a friendly in 1959, Bill Ewan Benefit match :computer:
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

lol rebus wont be happy with you getting that in before him
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

What sort of reception is he likely to get tomorrow night, really hope this leak doesn't jeopardise things.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

I reckon we should all stand to attention at kick off down here, send up something positive, either that or a big suitcase of folding
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

lol rebus wont be happy with you getting that in before him

He's got other things to think about, like house hunting for a Scotsman and his brood! :fishing:
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

What sort of reception is he likely to get tomorrow night, really hope this leak doesn't jeopardise things.

Why should it be different this time? A lot of information leaks in football because of the sheer number of parties involved. Names have stayed quiet for far longer than I expected. I don't expect a "leak" at this stage will be material. Especially as it is after we have approached St J.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Kensington is meant to have dropped in value over the weekend, perhaps he should start looking there
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Why should it be different this time? A lot of information leaks in football because of the sheer number of parties involved. Names have stayed quiet for far longer than I expected. I don't expect a "leak" at this stage will be material. Especially as it is after we have approached St J.

Hark at someone hinting they knew before it was leaked....lol...you've got to love the interweb
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Hark at someone hinting they knew before it was leaked....lol...you've got to love the interweb

:rolleyes: How is there a hint there. I will admit that I have known that we are looking for a new manager though.

Can you get back to work soon please.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Been giving this a lot of thought since the news broke and for what its worth

1) Never heard of him (means nothing)
2) He signed Taylor & Duberry rofl
3) They have only scored 22 goals in 36 games with a goal difference of minus 21 :sad:
4) Knowledge and contacts in the south of England

Conversely he appears to have a good reputation and is ambitious

Now I cannot believe I am writing this but I believe our current board are the best we have had in my time and believe they are trying to build a strong foundation ie the development squad may well be the type of thing that DM is looking for (to build a dynasty :eek:)
and it is probably this is what the board are looking for

So if it is to be him I just hope he turns out as well as (alright No promotion) one of my favourite managers Malcolm McDonald who signed a few gems from Scotland ie Johny Doc, and John Hales are 2 that I recall
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

If this were so then DMc is not going to attract these players. Unless we sign some quality and get shot of the mediocre I can't see the fans getting excited and rushing back.................take note Brentford !!!

Being mates with Owen Coyle won't hurt him or us. Being Scottish, likeable, and well-grounded in the game should make him all right with Sir Alex.
Up the Scottish Mafia!!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

For what it's worth I cannot help but think we are looking a gift horse in the mouth not keeping NF. McInnes has no experience of league 1 and Scottish football is so poor I think it is misleading to look at his record there apart from the fact they have only scored 21 goals this season 9 AT HOME. Hardly the thrilling expansive football I crave. NF on the other hand has done a brilliant job since he became manager under really difficult circumstances, knows the players better than anyone, knows what we are lacking better than anyone, knows the club better than anyone. He has returned 1.7 points/game which would have comfortably seen us in the playoffs over a full season working with the same players who were plummeting towards relegation under Scott.

I would be much happier keeping Forster on a year contract than starting again with someone with no experience at our level. I hope I am totally wrong and that the jock does the business but at the moment I am unconvinced.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

MM did win the 4th Div Ch'ship and came 2nd in D3 however - I agree with you tho', he was a superb manager.

Been giving this a lot of thought since the news broke and for what its worth

1) Never heard of him (means nothing)
2) He signed Taylor & Duberry rofl
3) They have only scored 22 goals in 36 games with a goal difference of minus 21 :sad:
4) Knowledge and contacts in the south of England

Conversely he appears to have a good reputation and is ambitious

Now I cannot believe I am writing this but I believe our current board are the best we have had in my time and believe they are trying to build a strong foundation ie the development squad may well be the type of thing that DM is looking for (to build a dynasty :eek:)
and it is probably this is what the board are looking for

So if it is to be him I just hope he turns out as well as (alright No promotion) one of my favourite managers Malcolm McDonald who signed a few gems from Scotland ie Johny Doc, and John Hales are 2 that I recall
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Does anyone know who the third person is who is on a short list of three?.My fear that someone coming in who does'nt know the set-up may be hard pressed to know who to keep and let go,we have been here before.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Foz, Roberto and Derek at a guess?
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Some of the comments on here in response to well meaning Scottish fans are nothing less than embarrassing. God I never thought there would ever be a day when I would defend a Scot. The board would appear to be thinking outside the box as another poster has suggested. The fact that most of us have not heard of McInnes only shows our lack of knowledge of the game outside our own backyard. A lot of research has obviously been done by the board and I am certainly encouraged by the very positive comments from SJ fans and their obvious good wishes to a manager who appears to be about to leave them. It must count for something, I would not have considered sending anything but sympathy messages to Rotherham fans on their aquisition of AS.
If Nicky is not to get the gig and I for one would have been happy to see him given a chance then McInnes seems a pretty good option.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just saying that quite a lot of posters seem to be biggin up Di Matteo, personally I didn'y think he would have been right for us, he'll end up at a bigger club. Steve Coppel on the other hand would have been my choice.

I very much doubt the reason Coppell isn't coming is because his name simply slipped the board's mind lol
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

I know that this Board know what they are doing, I know that this is all being done properly, i know that certain bits of info simply cannot be released for reasons of confidentiality, commercial sensitivity, etc, and i know that as soon as it is feasible this very good Board of ours well let us know the news we are all waiting for. But that doesn't stop me being EFFING IMPATIENT!!! Sorry chaps - just had to get that off my chest!!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

and by the way, i watched the paint final, BFC were rotten, may have been a one off but Carlisle murdered you.
you do need some "sh*te" from up here, including our esteemed leader.

.......................Bfc may have been rotten but Carlisle did not murder us.............FACT.................
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

1st. Di Matteo - Has knowledge of English footie, worked in lower leagues, good contacts, good football, prem manager imho unfairly sacked
2nd. Foz - Intelligent, articulate, wants us to play football, excellent knowledge of lower leagues, knows BFC.
3rd. Mccinnes - Poor signings, limited knowledge of lower level english footie, thinks duberry is quality when he was 5hit at Wycombe and signed Cleveland!!!!!

I apologise for earlier rants at the sweatys but on there forums and in there papers they seem to have the impression we are a small club, would be a step down for there manger, he could do better. What do Saints have to play for?? How far will they ever go?? At least we have a slightly better fan base which will improve, an ok budget apparently, good cups and promotion to the championship to play for!!! Not playing in a league were we cant better ourselves, signing players like duberry, cleveland and whoever else!!!! Someone on here earlier said that league 2 players seem to do well up there????? WTF......... does this not mean anything?? i know there is the odd exception but do we want to take the risk?? There were also some stats posted on here that seems a bit Andy Scott to me!!! We could be wrong and he could be great but i have a , AS, leroy, butcher feeling about him. I cant help it!!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Personally I'm quite excited about the potential appointment of DM. Seems to have a strong playing background, and has done relatively well on a small budget at St J. I initially thought it to be quite a step down in terms of reputation, but I imagine the playing budget has been a factor and also that he's taken a relevant interest in MBs/Boards plans for the club. St J's fans seems to think highly of him, and being linked to a couple of championship clubs is no small matter.

My thinking is that if he got pipped to the Burnley post by a manager with sole experience in L1/L2 then he feels our level is the right one to build on his career from. Also, if you take a guess at which Championship positions arise in the next 12 months and then factor in whether those particular positions are at clubs on the up, there may not be too many attractive platforms in that league on which to build. Can't imagine the infrastructure and potential for shot-term/medium-term growth at a number of struggling Championship teams is too abundant!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Forster, excellent knowledge of lower leagues !?! Well maybe as a player yeah, but didn't our previous manager have a huge black book of contacts. Hate why people want us to go in house, let's try and look outside the box on this occasion. Citing the likes of Duberry and Taylor as a reason not to appoint him is ludicrous
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

1st. Di Matteo - Has knowledge of English footie, worked in lower leagues, good contacts, good football, prem manager imho unfairly sacked
2nd. Foz - Intelligent, articulate, wants us to play football, excellent knowledge of lower leagues, knows BFC.
3rd. Mccinnes - Poor signings, limited knowledge of lower level english footie, thinks duberry is quality when he was 5hit at Wycombe and signed Cleveland!!!!!

I apologise for earlier rants at the sweatys but on there forums and in there papers they seem to have the impression we are a small club, would be a step down for there manger, he could do better. What do Saints have to play for?? How far will they ever go?? At least we have a slightly better fan base which will improve, an ok budget apparently, good cups and promotion to the championship to play for!!! Not playing in a league were we cant better ourselves, signing players like duberry, cleveland and whoever else!!!! Someone on here earlier said that league 2 players seem to do well up there????? WTF......... does this not mean anything?? i know there is the odd exception but do we want to take the risk?? There were also some stats posted on here that seems a bit Andy Scott to me!!! We could be wrong and he could be great but i have a , AS, leroy, butcher feeling about him. I cant help it!!

:rolleyes:

Can only apologise to any viewing St Johnstone fans.

I think it's unlikely Forster is the third name as he's already been told it's not him. If the other name is half as exciting as McInnes or Di Matteo, we're in for a good season! :D
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

1st. Di Matteo - Has knowledge of English footie, worked in lower leagues, good contacts, good football, prem manager imho unfairly sacked
2nd. Foz - Intelligent, articulate, wants us to play football, excellent knowledge of lower leagues, knows BFC.
3rd. Mccinnes - Poor signings, limited knowledge of lower level english footie, thinks duberry is quality when he was 5hit at Wycombe and signed Cleveland!!!!!
I hope the selection committee have more criteria than these; you're being very selective.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

1st. Di Matteo - Has knowledge of English footie, worked in lower leagues, good contacts, good football, prem manager imho unfairly sacked
2nd. Foz - Intelligent, articulate, wants us to play football, excellent knowledge of lower leagues, knows BFC.
3rd. Mccinnes - Poor signings, limited knowledge of lower level english footie, thinks duberry is quality when he was 5hit at Wycombe and signed Cleveland!!!!!

I apologise for earlier rants at the sweatys but on there forums and in there papers they seem to have the impression we are a small club, would be a step down for there manger, he could do better. What do Saints have to play for?? How far will they ever go?? At least we have a slightly better fan base which will improve, an ok budget apparently, good cups and promotion to the championship to play for!!! Not playing in a league were we cant better ourselves, signing players like duberry, cleveland and whoever else!!!! Someone on here earlier said that league 2 players seem to do well up there????? WTF......... does this not mean anything?? i know there is the odd exception but do we want to take the risk?? There were also some stats posted on here that seems a bit Andy Scott to me!!! We could be wrong and he could be great but i have a , AS, leroy, butcher feeling about him. I cant help it!!

But what has his signings for SJ got to do with proposed signings for us? Do you mean that he he can only ever sign Taylor and Duberry as he signed them once, they have a low budget and on the face of it, Taylor could have been a good signing and it appears that Duberry was. Give him some more money and let's see.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

i see we would have to pay compensation Damn this AS sackiing is getting expensive!!!
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

1st. Di Matteo - Has knowledge of English footie, worked in lower leagues, good contacts, good football, prem manager imho unfairly sacked
2nd. Foz - Intelligent, articulate, wants us to play football, excellent knowledge of lower leagues, knows BFC.
3rd. Mccinnes - Poor signings, limited knowledge of lower level english footie, thinks duberry is quality when he was 5hit at Wycombe and signed Cleveland!!!!!
!

how can you (or any of us) possibly know how much mcinnes actually knows about our division and the players that are available? and even if he knows little to nothing, thats what scouts are for, presumably.
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

For what it's worth I cannot help but think we are looking a gift horse in the mouth not keeping NF. McInnes has no experience of league 1 and Scottish football is so poor I think it is misleading to look at his record there apart from the fact they have only scored 21 goals this season 9 AT HOME. Hardly the thrilling expansive football I crave. NF on the other hand has done a brilliant job since he became manager under really difficult circumstances, knows the players better than anyone, knows what we are lacking better than anyone, knows the club better than anyone. He has returned 1.7 points/game which would have comfortably seen us in the playoffs over a full season working with the same players who were plummeting towards relegation under Scott.



I would be much happier keeping Forster on a year contract than starting again with someone with no experience at our level. I hope I am totally wrong and that the jock does the business but at the moment I am unconvinced.


Post of the day
 

Derek McInnes Next Manager?

Every manager from Alex Ferguson downwards has made some signings that have not worked out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom