Kingston Bee
Well-known member
Quansah gets TWO game ban for red card
Ok thanks, so its the third worst tackle of the tournament so far, feel so much more happier now.@Garybaldbee has answered it
Ok thanks, so its the third worst tackle of the tournament so far, feel so much more happier now.@Garybaldbee has answered it
No? Please explain how that works. The American guy gets his ban suspended for a year and ours gets what was assumed to be a one match ban extended to two. The two offences were almost identical. While you're at it could you explain why the foul on Salah wasn't even looked at by VAR when the Argentinians broke away and scored the winner.
Oh and you can chuck in the joke penalty against Kane, the totally unbiased 3 South American VAR officials and the 2 extra minutes played on top of the 11 resulting in two more Mexican corners. Have fun!
Why wasn’t Messi sent off in first game ?Who assumed it was going to be a one match ban? I didn't, and nor did anybody who has been following what has happened with other suspensions in this tournament. The public was let down by the media who set expectations by referring to it as a one match ban when they should have said 'at least' a one match ban. I've already provided two examples of bans longer than that without even looking very hard.
The Balogun suspension is a clear case of corruption. That is easy to identify because it was demonstrably contrary to the rules. But your other examples are all subjective calls. Even the amount of stoppage time a ref chooses to add on is based on things like their perception of time wasting. I may disagree with some of those interpretations but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are so profoundly obviously wrong that they are evidence of corruption or conspiracy.
Refs miss things, they make mistakes, they interpret things differently. That doesn't automatically mean they are conspiring against our team. It just means they are human beings.
It was the Modric challenge in the Croatia game against Madueke. That was the other wasn't.No suggestion of corruption from me. Just a sh*t decision from people who haven’t played football.
(And @BURFORD BEE , Kane’s challenge was definitely a penalty - we’ve seen these given several times before. I’m racking my brains to remember the game but I seem to think we have been a beneficiary of an almost identical offence.)
If we are fortunate enough to beat Norway we will meet Argentina. There's no way the Swiss will be allowed to beat them. I look forward to hearing your opinions after that game should it take place.Who assumed it was going to be a one match ban? I didn't, and nor did anybody who has been following what has happened with other suspensions in this tournament. The public was let down by the media who set expectations by referring to it as a one match ban when they should have said 'at least' a one match ban. I've already provided two examples of bans longer than that without even looking very hard.
The Balogun suspension is a clear case of corruption. That is easy to identify because it was demonstrably contrary to the rules. But your other examples are all subjective calls. Even the amount of stoppage time a ref chooses to add on is based on things like their perception of time wasting. I may disagree with some of those interpretations but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are so profoundly obviously wrong that they are evidence of corruption or conspiracy.
Refs miss things, they make mistakes, they interpret things differently. That doesn't automatically mean they are conspiring against our team. It just means they are human beings.
I think I see a small flaw in your argumentI'll take Alan Shearer's judgement over yours thanks
The additional offence was because fans were singing wrong song and doing a famous YMCA jig!!As far as I can understand, a red card is an automatic ban for the next match then the disciplinary committee decides what further ban is necessary depending on the offence. I really don't think there's anything out of the ordinary other than the Balagun farce.
I meant Brentford. (And Shesrer was a better player than punditIt was the Modric challenge in the Croatia game against Madueke. That was the other wasn't.
I'll take Alan Shearer's judgement over yours thanks
If we are fortunate enough to beat Norway we will meet Argentina. There's no way the Swiss will be allowed to beat them. I look forward to hearing your opinions after that game should it take place.
Welcome news. We’ve been running out of excuses for failure for decades now. This will add to the repertoire.FIFA don't want England to win a WC.
Why wasn’t Messi sent off in first game ?
FIFA don't want England to win a WC.
That's the reason that they won't let us host another one, they know we'd be hard to beat in our own backyard.
That and we don't offer bribes.
They will always do anything that they can to disrupt our progress.
f*** 'em.![]()
Seriously?Unless Infantino dashes into the pitch wearing a blue and white striped shirt and nods in an injury time winner for Argentina its vanishingly unlikely that anything would change my mind. A long career working with politicians in a public body made me understand that it's (nearly) always cock up and not conspiracy.
If they're out to rig the World Cup so England don't win it or someone else does, I imagine they'd contrive a better player than Quansah to get a red card and a nice big ban. Enjoy the hysterics anyway.
Every single pundit I've heard and read apart from Shearer thought that was a penalty. So you're choosing to hold him up as the only one worthy of making that judgement, because he happens to agree with you?It was the Modric challenge in the Croatia game against Madueke. That was the other wasn't.
I'll take Alan Shearer's judgement over yours thanks
CONMBEO were due to join the UEFA Nations League too but I don't know whatever happened to thatOne further worrying aspect is that up until 3 OR 4 years ago, the (10) South American Member Associations in CONMEBOL were also equally pissed off with Infantino and were cooperating with UEFA to build a counter bloc. For example, the two Federations opened a joint representative office in London, while they also made plans to have a Europe vs South America challenge for the Euro and Copa America champions.
I don't know what happened to that, but I noticed that earlier this year, CONMEBOL peeled off from UEFA and rolled in behind the rest of FIFA in some important vote which passed, leaving UEFA completely isolated.
Depressing stuff.
YesEvery single pundit I've heard and read apart from Shearer thought that was a penalty. So you're choosing to hold him up as the only one worthy of making that judgement, because he happens to agree with you?
I thought it was pretty harsh myself at time but it's clear I was not calling it correctly based on the laws of football as they're interpreted in 2026.
FFSFIFA don't want England to win a WC.
That's the reason that they won't let us host another one, they know we'd be hard to beat in our own backyard.
That and we don't offer bribes.
They will always do anything that they can to disrupt our progress.
f*** 'em.![]()
So VAR should correct their mistakes not ignore them seeing as that’s what it’s supposed to be there for . Instead “ they “ now get 2 chances to favour the big clubs / nations .Who assumed it was going to be a one match ban? I didn't, and nor did anybody who has been following what has happened with other suspensions in this tournament. The public was let down by the media who set expectations by referring to it as a one match ban when they should have said 'at least' a one match ban. I've already provided two examples of bans longer than that without even looking very hard.
The Balogun suspension is a clear case of corruption. That is easy to identify because it was demonstrably contrary to the rules. But your other examples are all subjective calls. Even the amount of stoppage time a ref chooses to add on is based on things like their perception of time wasting. I may disagree with some of those interpretations but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are so profoundly obviously wrong that they are evidence of corruption or conspiracy.
Refs miss things, they make mistakes, they interpret things differently. That doesn't automatically mean they are conspiring against our team. It just means they are human beings.
Surprised it's taken 60 years of us not winning the World Cup for big corruption to get the blame, tbh.FIFA don't want England to win a WC.
That's the reason that they won't let us host another one, they know we'd be hard to beat in our own backyard.
That and we don't offer bribes.
They will always do anything that they can to disrupt our progress.
f*** 'em.![]()
Did you miss Maradonas hand of **** ?Surprised it's taken 60 years of us not winning the World Cup for big corruption to get the blame, tbh.
I don't remember anyone saying he got away with it because "FIFA don't want England to win a World Cup".Did you miss Maradonas hand of **** ?
The ref didn't give it. VAR did. They had sod all reason to get involved as it wasn't a " clear and obvious error"Every single pundit I've heard and read apart from Shearer thought that was a penalty. So you're choosing to hold him up as the only one worthy of making that judgement, because he happens to agree with you?
I thought it was pretty harsh myself at time but it's clear I was not calling it correctly based on the laws of football as they're interpreted in 2026.
So VAR sometimes gives us confusing and inconsistent outcomes?The ref didn't give it. VAR did. They had sod all reason to get involved as it wasn't a " clear and obvious error"
That isn't the point!So VAR sometimes gives us confusing and inconsistent outcomes?
I truly admire your innocenceI don't remember anyone saying he got away with it because "FIFA don't want England to win a World Cup".
Lovely tinfoil had you've got there, must be warm in this weather thoughI truly admire your innocence
Agree with all of that, bar the question mark after: "is Infantino corrupt?"Can’t believe all this conspiracy theories on here. Infantino has, without doubt, shown that he is not exactly a beacon of trust and honesty with his actions regarding the USA red card. Take that action out of the equation and nothing has really happened that has not been seen in previous World Cups.
Some “ interesting “ refereeing decisions and I have no doubt an unconscious bias towards some players and teams: again something seen in previous World Cups.
Are FIFA corrupt? Doubt anyone would disagree, is Infantino corrupt ? Quite probably but giving him the benefit of doubt at best he can be called incompetent.
We see on the EPL that the “ big clubs” always get the benefit of the doubt on decisions and the bar for taking actions is higher than that faced by the “ smaller clubs”. England are seen as a “ big club” as are France Argentina etc and in all honesty I have seen no evidence that any team are being guided through the competition by the suits in FIFA.
Incompetence by officials is a given and we are seeing a lot of evidence of this but no conspiracies
No idea of your age but are you aware of shenanigans in the Mexico World Cup in 1970?Lovely tinfoil had you've got there, must be warm in this weather though
Before I was born, but yes I have read all about it, Bobby Moore and the bracelet etc.No idea of your age but are you aware of shenanigans in the Mexico World Cup in 1970?
And why are we so often knocked out in penalty shoot outs, rather than by refereeing decisions?If there's a "conspiracy" against England, why wasnt an "easy"/obvious penalty given for Konsa challenge in the Ghana game??
![]()
Cos the ref didn’t show him a red cardWhy wasn’t Messi sent off in first game ?
The lack of transparency from FIFA is astonishing.Tuchal just said that they have not been advised the reasons why this was an extended ban.
Too much money involved. It will never happen.All the European nations should stick together and demand Infantino resigns or they'll boycott the next world cup, that would have Fifa running for cover !!!!!
All the European nations should stick together and demand Infantino resigns or they'll boycott the next world cup, that would have Fifa running for cover !!!!!
It’s not really . Always been corrupt . Some seriously rich people thanks to the courting of votes by FIFAThe lack of transparency from FIFA is astonishing.
If there is no corruption within FIFA, then why do they not demonstrate it with more transparency. This can be achieved similar to the change with the olympics years ago, who use to be corrupt as FIFA still are (in my opinion)Unless Infantino dashes onto the pitch wearing a blue and white striped shirt and nods in an injury time winner for Argentina its vanishingly unlikely that anything would change my mind. A long career working with politicians in a public body made me understand that it's (nearly) always cock up and not conspiracy.
Plus head of FIFA at that time was EnglishBefore I was born, but yes I have read all about it, Bobby Moore and the bracelet etc.
Definitely unhelpful to England's preparation - but even that I don't think anyone could pin that on FIFA and their "agenda" against England.... just local mischief.