15 games

TOMOGP

Active member
Joined
6 Apr 2000
Messages
2,573
Reaction score
111
Location
In a very dark place

15 games

Well 15 games gone more or less a third of the season.
How many on this board would have said we would have 25 points.
Personally I can only say I am delighted and feel all the players and Wally deserve a big pat on the back ( even Constantine whom I cannot believe we signed for a year).
Especially with all the sh-t going about the club existence.
I forecast (with a prayer) a bottom third place now continuing as they are going and learning all the time Cardiff again anyone?
and by the law of averages WE MUST WIN NEXT TIME YES?
 

15 games

If we have 25 points with a third of the season gone, 25 x 3 = 75.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
 

15 games

Too right - it's good to know that at a time when Chairmen throughout the leagues are prone to appointing inadequate managers that ours is capable of separating the wheat from the chaff!
 

15 games

I think there are a few portions of humble pie being eaten, as I remember the uproar when wally was being linked with the job a while back.
Comments like, he stands on the touchline and b****ks the players for 90 mins, can't motivate. Think it is fair to say he has pleasantly surprised all of us with his managerial skills and his / others scounting is still very good with signings such as vine + sonko.
 

15 games

Edmundo said:
And our star player has yet to set foot on the pitch! Wally Downes is a football genius!

christ-your right.i forgot all about rowly.the question is though whether he will get in ahead of oconnor?maybe kevin will move upfront.
 

15 games

If we got to the play off final again I would consider it one of the Bees greatest ever achievements, win or lose, given the circumstances surrounding this team since the end of last season.

I get the feeling Wally has done better than SC would have this season.
 

15 games

jimmybee where are you now?

excellent start.
I for one had believed we were going to struggle
this season thanks for proving me so wrong,
Keep The faith.

Any stats for the same time last year to this season?
 

15 games

Its a marathon not a sprint 25 x 3 = 75 is not how it works really. I'm still extatic that we are in the position we are though. 15 games does not prove a manager though.
 

15 games

15 games gone and the bees are showing divison 2 what they are made of. Mark Mccammon is looking very confident havin scored 5gls Paul Smith is doing well so far. All the loan players have shown what they can do.

I don't think us having 25 points was impossible the team just had to belive in themselves and respect ever team they play and not become complaicent playing big/experienced sides e.g Cardiff,Oldham etc.

Let's hope the improving form continues and we stay injury free in the next few months so Wally Downes had a full squad to pick from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WALLY DOWNES BARMY ARMY
 

15 games

Can't see how we can stay injury free, when a key member of the team that has got us this far has been sidelined till the New Year with a knee injury.
 

15 games

You said yourself tho Ed, that we have been missing arguably our most important player. I believe that Rowly single-handedly got us to third position last year with his contributions.

Marshall seems to have slipped into Leo's place ok - and with the boost to midfield, possibly at the expense of Hutch, I think we are a far better prospect - with or without Leo.

That said, I have no doubt that Leo has been a rock - but i reckon that Marshall is an equally quality replacement. One more decent loan signing could see us maybe pushing for the play-offs!!!
 

15 games

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH There you go humble pie being consumed by wandering..... :lol

Well done WD, and the lads it has been superb watching us this season, some great results better than last years anyway... the fight and commitment is something to be proud of.

with only one more bogey ground to visit (Wigan) this is not bad at all...

but the Yellow ball is just around the corner.....
 

15 games

ah the yellow ball................:mad:
 

15 games

wanderingbee said:
with only one more bogey ground to visit (Wigan) this is not bad at all...

but the Yellow ball is just around the corner.....

Best add Adams Park to that list, although maybe we can break that particular curse in style with victory in the cup and league!
 

15 games

i dont remember us ever getting anything from cheltenham either
 

15 games

Can't remember getting anything at Boston either. ;)
 

15 games

Bucks Bee said:
You said yourself tho Ed, that we have been missing arguably our most important player. I believe that Rowly single-handedly got us to third position last year with his contributions.


I don't think that is entirely true although the period which cost us promotion last season was when we had neither Price or Rowlands and lacked width, so maybe Rowly will bring us a similar rise up the league this season.
 

15 games

We don't get much at Oldham, so I wouldn't expect too much from there.
 

15 games

Oldham dont make me laugh lost at home to Luton,Carlise,Cardiff,Wycombe dont go anywhere with 3 home defeats already, at least 4 coz we will win up there.

Cheltenham Boston Kiddi Harriers Rushden and all ... yeah lol

Still maters not the yellow ball will be our god this year and not the devil
 

15 games

wanderingbee said:
Oldham dont make me laugh lost at home to Luton,Carlise,Cardiff,Wycombe dont go anywhere with 3 home defeats already, at least 4 coz we will win up there.


I think Leicester Bee was referring to the fact that Oldham is traditionally a bogey ground for us. We've lost our last 3 there and I can't remember us winning there in the last 10 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom