3 Penalties

wanderingbee

Active member
Joined
1 Jul 2002
Messages
1,307
Reaction score
0
Location
Where I belong

3 Penalties

Against Brighton we were awarded 3 penalties in the same game :banana: :bound: :eek: But I cant remember if thats happend before?

:idea:

Did we have three against Newport when we won 6-0 rofl
 

3 Penalties

Only 2 v Newport ..................3 never in my life time
 

3 Penalties

Don't really count but we had two against bournemouth in the cup last year i think and super kev o'conner made it a hat-trick of penalties in the shoot-out at the end. Like in said don't really count though does it
 

3 Penalties

1 minute before the 3rd penalty, their was a further cry of four play, and if anything the most convincing of all four challangers!! However, as i pointed it out, seconds later, a referee will NEVER give 3 penalties in one match, let alone to one side!!! Not had my words began to rest, when Pheeeeew!!! The ref pointed to the spot, and i was left to eat my words!!!
 

3 Penalties

Gary Alen said:
their was a further cry of four play,

A statement i stand by! & I was Awfully disapointed to see it not given by the respected man in the middle!;)
 

3 Penalties

I don't think it has happened at GP, but other teams probably have had the honour
 

3 Penalties

BenMoses said:
I don't think it has happened at GP, but other teams probably have had the honour

I think Palace got given 3 against Brighton in the late 1980's.

I also think they only scored 1.
 

3 Penalties

None of the 3 were penalties!!! Terrible ref!!:wave:

The BHA vs Crystal Palace game you refer to was, I think, Boxing day 88/89 season and the ref awarded a staggering 5 penalties but only 2 were scored!
 

3 Penalties

JoshBHA said:
None of the 3 were penalties!!! Terrible ref!!:wave:

The BHA vs Crystal Palace game you refer to was, I think, Boxing day 88/89 season and the ref awarded a staggering 5 penalties but only 2 were scored!

I knew it had happened before, just couldn't remember the game
:suspect:
 

3 Penalties

There was, I believe, a game in one of the German regional leagues about 25 years ago that's worth bearing in mind.

Last game of the season. Team A (Home team) needed an impossible landslide win over Team B to stay up: they were about 25 goals worse off than their rivals (Team C).

Now apparently (from memory - it was in I think Shoot) the ref awarded over 30 penalties to A. Yes, that's right. Over 30. And, guess what - they missed over half of them and went down.

After an investigation, the ref was suspended sine die. However, as he was due to retire anyway, it didn't make a ha'porth of difference to him.

Anyone confirm this?: it seems unlikely I know, but it was supposed to be true.
 
Back
Top Bottom