6 players released!

6 players released!

I thought the club would use Theobold as the replacement for Ivar when Ivar Left. But now both have have gone, who will we have in the centre.

Maybe the club has plans to use the superb youth team players.
:confused:
 

6 players released!

Wasn't Marshall put on the transfer list over a year ago?
 

6 players released!

It's pretty simple really - if a player has a contract beyond 30th June they are retained, the players whose contracts expired then have been released.

Of those that we have retained, Oli and Marshall are available on frees and McCammon is on a free and costs us £1000 per game to play so don't expect him to be wearing the shirt too often, if at all.
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by Simon T:
Of those that we have retained, Oli and Marshall are available on frees and McCammon is on a free and costs us £1000 per game to play so don't expect him to be wearing the shirt too often, if at all.


He's also sh*t.
:mad: :mad:
 

6 players released!

Maybe they will consider moving Michael Dobson to centre back and play Lovett at right back?
 

6 players released!

Its disappointing to lose those 6, especially the three, but lets be positive, out of the following list its still good to see Powell, Rowlands, Paul Smith, Dobbo and Ijah Anderson

Ijah Anderson
Michael Dobson
Stephen Evans
Lee Fieldwick
Olafur Gottskalksson
Stephen Hunt
Eddie Hutchinson
Alan Julian
Jay Lovett
Scott Marshall
Mark McCammon
Kevin O'Connor
Mark Peters
Darren Powell
Martin Rowlands
Jay Smith
Paul Smith
Matt Somner
Jay Tabb
Mark Williams
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by KGBee:
Ijah Anderson - 1st team
Michael Dobson - 1st team
Stephen Evans - unproven
Lee Fieldwick - unproven
Olafur Gottskalksson - 1st team/backup, listed
Stephen Hunt - 1st team
Eddie Hutchinson - backup/unproven
Alan Julian - unproven
Jay Lovett - backup/unproven
Scott Marshall - 1st team if fit, listed
Mark McCammon - backup, listed, 1k per game
Kevin O'Connor - backup
Mark Peters - unproven
Darren Powell - 1st team
Martin Rowlands - 1st team
Jay Smith - unproven
Paul Smith - 1st team
Matt Somner - unproven
Jay Tabb - backup/unproven
Mark Williams - backup/unproven

The comments next to the players name are mine. We have 8 players of proven first team ability, 2 of which are goalkeepers and 1 that has been out injured 18 months, of the others I doubt any of them have got over 25 first team games behind them. We are thus relying on keeping the 6 first choice players fit all year and at least 5 of the unproven players stepping up to the standard required for this division.

I think 23rd would be a good result next season :( :mad:

[ 07 June 2002: Message edited by: Simon T ]
 

6 players released!

We finished 21st with a much worse squad 4 seasons ago. At least our youth team players seem to have some promise about them. From what I have see, at least Hutchinson will be able to make the step up immediately. Tabb has looked skilful if very small. Lovett might also have matured and looked to have potential. The big difference now is that we don't have a proven goalscorer like Taylor.

I think that with decent management we might be safe. Problem is that I can't see any decent manager wanting the job in our current state. Wally is probably our best bet.
 

6 players released!

The big difference between then and now was that 4 years ago we offloaded our good players and brought in some not so good ones (Simon Wormull etc) and then tried to salvage it later on with some half decent buys (Aspinall, Hogg).

This time we've just got people heading out the door and nobody heading in. If the players listed aren't good enough then there won't be any move to rectify the situation :mad:
 

6 players released!

Who's to say we won't bring in some new players? We managed to bring a couple in over the last year, despite Noades' antipathy. If we can secure the future of the club through Bees United then there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to supplement the squad.

Ok, they'll have to be youngsters or non-league players but that's what most of the current squad were when we brought them in. Besides, with the current state that the club's in I'd have thought that we should be worrying more about whether we'll be competing next season rather than where we'll end up.

Let's ensure there is a Brentford FC for next season and then we can start to worry about the team, Ok?
 

6 players released!

cant believe we released theobald but not lovett-theobald has done well when hes come in and the only time i remember seeing lovett this season is away at brighton when he didnt even come on.
 

6 players released!

In hindsight, selling the 6 we have released would have been the better option as it turns out! We coulda made well over a million, which would make RN happy.
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by brighton bee:
cant believe we released theobald but not lovett-theobald has done well when hes come in and the only time i remember seeing lovett this season is away at brighton when he didnt even come on.

I think the reason for that brighton bee is that Dave Theobald's contract has run out and Jay Lovett's hasn't. Whether Theobald is good enough to have been offered another one even on very cheap wages is debatable when there are going to be around 1000 players including some very good ones looking for work in the next few weeks. Hopefully, we will at least have some ambition to try and sign a couple of them on frees and without salaries that break our new wage structure.Football agents will have to lower their expectations drastically.

What peeves me more than anything though is the money we have thrown away by not even trying to sign Ivar. To be honest, I think I fully accept that neither Evo nor Lloydy would have accepted a new contract even if it had been offered on the same terms or slightly better. I think they both believe they can get better deals. The same can't be said for Ivar. He is a truly loyal guy and made it clear he would be keen to stay. He has been shoved out and for doing that we have lost the opportunity to get a big fee for him sometime in the next year or two. There are still one or two clubs willing to spend a bit of cash on good players. Ivar is definitely one of those. Good luck to him.

Short sighted. Not half.
 

6 players released!

I agree with your sentiments.
Not enough was done to try and hold on to Ivar.
I just hope we don't end up regretting it too much...
Would SC have stayed if Ivar had? Maybe.
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by Isleworth Bee:

What peeves me more than anything though is the money we have thrown away by not even trying to sign Ivar. To be honest, I think I fully accept that neither Evo nor Lloydy would have accepted a new contract even if it had been offered on the same terms or slightly better. I think they both believe they can get better deals. The same can't be said for Ivar. He is a truly loyal guy and made it clear he would be keen to stay. He has been shoved out and for doing that we have lost the opportunity to get a big fee for him sometime in the next year or two. There are still one or two clubs willing to spend a bit of cash on good players. Ivar is definitely one of those. Good luck to him.

Short sighted. Not half.

Absolutely spot on. Describes my sentiments perfectly.
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by BuzzBeeSi:
In hindsight, selling the 6 we have released would have been the better option as it turns out! We coulda made well over a million, which would make RN happy.


I think we had a situation like this before Simon with you...and one of your class mates grassed you up. So I wont be rude.

When you are old enough to understand (ie 21) ask an older friend or your parents to complete the following:- " If my Auntie had.............................................
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by brighton bee:
cant believe we released theobald but not lovett-theobald has done well when hes come in and the only time i remember seeing lovett this season is away at brighton when he didnt even come on.


I appreciate this is a totally inane comment but I was rather impressed with Mr.Lovett's young lady, when I saw her at Celtic Manor for the Play-Off final. This despite the fact he reminds me (all bar the ginger bit) of the bloke in American Pie who boasts of getting a Melvyn Bragg (geddit!) yet lied to his mates, then got found out at "The Prom" (ugg! so American
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) then wet himself when he got found out....

Well he looks like that to me...and she looked well fit. Mind you, Im 42 (inc. VAT) and maybe my eyesights going.

Before anyone says it, its DESPITE that too :D :D :rolleyes:
 

6 players released!

Originally posted by Fat Bee Slim:
Absolutely spot on. Describes my sentiments perfectly.

Exactly, perhaps its a different culture (no disrespect to Lloyd and Evo) but Ivar felt he WAS a Brentford player.

Ivar was a player we could have built a team around and gone forward a bit quicker. I had the pleasure of talking to him before (and after) the play offs at the Hotel...his humility and honesty is unique in this day and age.

OK we let him go, yet I will happily volunteer to be secretary/founder/ whatever of the Ivar Fan Club and provide details of his International fixtures etc.

We've got the Bluetones on board. Just because RN failed to see the light on this one, at least true fans didnt.

Any ideas how we can let Ivar realise what he means to us? I will give all the time I can to let him know as when I spoke to him I realised that this was something very special to Bees fans - a quality International, in the 21st Century, who really does love his (sadly former) Club.

Ivar for player/manager..........?????????????????????????????

:confused: :confused:

[ 17 June 2002: Message edited by: Markybee ]
 
Back
Top Bottom