92 Club

Downbeat Bee

Well-known member
Joined
2 Jan 2003
Messages
15,233
Reaction score
4,730
Location
The Wild West

92 Club

I am sure there must be a thread somewhere but I could not find it.

Being in the Premier League makes this seem more 'doable' than ever before.

I am interested in how many others have done.

I've been counting up and I reckon I've done 56 which is nothing compared to many on here. But having a look at my record I've also done 16 former grounds and 12 grounds of teams formerly in the league. So before the Taylor Report I'd probably be up into the 70s.

Only two Premier grounds I have not done - Manchester City. Not great kick off times and Tottenham - done WHL but felt rough after Covid last season. Certainly aiming to tick this one off in a few weeks.

'Filled in' some I should have done to date which are relatively easy from here - Plymouth Argyle and Swansea City. Wimbledon after the Brighton home game. Inexplicably, I had never done Nottingham Forest and, even more inexplicably, Watford.

Having only lived within 50 miles over Brentford for one season makes hopping on coaches a 'no go' (largely) and being stuck a good two hours before getting to a London terminus makes quite a few Saturday aways difficult to get back via the train.

Wrexham and Notts County up and Rochdale and Hartlepool down wouldn't do my cause any harm.
 

92 Club

Wrexham and Notts County up and Rochdale and Hartlepool down wouldn't do my cause any harm.
I only ever got to around 40, but I've lived abroad for 15yrs, give me a break :)

The above would be a net +1 for me - good times in Hartlepool :) can't we relegate and disintegrate Crawley instead?
 

92 Club

I have done 66 out of the current 92.

That includes every single current Premier League ground.

The league I’ve done fewest grounds from is League One. Weird considered I did every game for a couple of years whilst we were down there.

I very rarely attend neutral games. In fact, I think every single one of the 92 I’ve been to has been with Brentford. So not a bad total considering.
 

92 Club

Would have been 67, but then Wimbledon moved to their new stadium.
 

92 Club

almost there, just with Brentford this is, I just have Newport, Harrogate, Forest Green, Fleetwood, Salford and Sutton to go, and hope it is years before I can go to them!!
When did we play at the Kassam (Oxford)?
 

92 Club

When did we play at the Kassam (Oxford)?
We haven't, yet. But Farnboro Bee may go on the same basis as I do, I count Oxford because I went to the Manor Ground. I'm not sure if that's agreed process for "completing" the 92 but when I have been to a game at every club's home ground, I'll regard myself as having entered the 92 club, even if no one else does!

I've been to 127 grounds, mostly with the Bees (but that will count duplicates so 2 for Barney, 2 for Shrewsbury, etc). I've been to 82 out of the current 92.
 

92 Club

yes, sorry, what Fat Bee said... I have been to about 115-120 grounds in total, but I do not class Swansea x2, Rotherham x3, Brighton x3, Shrewsbury x2, Darlington x2, Colchester x2 in that sense, just once... but yes, not been to Kassam yet...
 

92 Club

I have done 138 grounds watching senior football upwards and maybe 20 or more watching lower status games.
I have also played at grounds where I have yet to watch a game where senior football is played.
102 watching Brentford on.

Quick question.
Dean Court -Dorchester-Vitality.
How many grounds ?
2 or 3?
 

92 Club

This is where my spreadsheet comes in handy. (Sorry).

If it hadn't been for promotion bringing a host of new grounds to visit I'd be going backwards in my count towards the 92 given the influx of new FL clubs and the number of ground moves. Overall I've visited exactly 100 Football League grounds but only 68 of the present 92. I've seen Brentford play at 103 different grounds (including three of Rotherham's....) Overall my tally is 147 but that includes non league, Scottish, Irish and overseas as well.
 

92 Club

Quick question.
Dean Court -Dorchester-Vitality.
How many grounds ?
2 or 3?
Good point. I counted Dean Court and the Vitality as one, but old and new White Hart Lane as two. I might need a recount. Just not sure in which direction....
 

92 Club

I did my 92nd of the then current grounds in 2018, Fleetwood, a month before my 34th birthday. Thanks to having a dad very keen on taking me to Bees away games and the occasional random game, and lately an understanding and football mad girlfriend who was happy to go to the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe, Forest Green and Newport...

Since then and then since Covid I've got back up to date... except that I'm yet to do Harrogate (who keep being away when we visit Leeds).

I'll have to add up how many English clubs and grounds I've done overall at some point... but on one of the apps I totted up it got to about 150 including non league grounds.

Quick question.
Dean Court -Dorchester-Vitality.
How many grounds ?
2 or 3?

One team and one entry in the 92
Two grounds (Bournemouth and Dorchester)?

I take the view that a new ground is only a new ground if old and new are on separate sites... and Bournemouth is still on the Dean Court site.

I counted Dean Court and the Vitality as one, but old and new White Hart Lane as two. I might need a recount. Just not sure in which direction....
Hmm so did I actually so maybe I am equally guilty of double standards.
 

92 Club

I have done 138 grounds watching senior football upwards and maybe 20 or more watching lower status games.
I have also played at grounds where I have yet to watch a game where senior football is played.
102 watching Brentford on.

Quick question.
Dean Court -Dorchester-Vitality.
How many grounds ?
2 or 3?
I have a similar issue, I used to use Football Ground Map - how many football grounds have you been to? but now use Futbology app. Football ground map has Dean Court and Vitality as two grounds, Futbology one so I am either on 98 or 99 grounds and 62 of the current 92.

I asked at Hayes and Yeading as to whether that was a new ground or the same as the old Yeading ground, according to them because the pitch had been rotated slightly and moved further south it should be counted as different and is shown as such in both of the above apps, this was independently verified by someone as they had to submit photos to prove it. Bournemouth I believe rotated the pitch 90 degrees so under the same rules should also be two.
 

92 Club

I have a similar issue, I used to use Football Ground Map - how many football grounds have you been to? but now use Futbology app. Football ground map has Dean Court and Vitality as two grounds, Futbology one so I am either on 98 or 99 grounds and 62 of the current 92.

I asked at Hayes and Yeading as to whether that was a new ground or the same as the old Yeading ground, according to them because the pitch had been rotated slightly and moved further south it should be counted as different and is shown as such in both of the above apps, this was independently verified by someone as they had to submit photos to prove it. Bournemouth I believe rotated the pitch 90 degrees so under the same rules should also be two.
Bournemouth definitely rotated the pitch when constructing the Vitality stadium..

Think I’ve done 50 odd, mostly with Bees plus both Wembley’s, and Hampden.
 

92 Club

I counted 46 before I moved overseas in 2015, so exactly half way! I’ll have to come back to finish it off :) (not counting doing Oldham, Rotherham, Huddersfield etc about 5 times each away)

Actually I think I did 3 Rotherham stadiums in 3 years ?
 

92 Club

I have done 138 grounds watching senior football upwards and maybe 20 or more watching lower status games.
I have also played at grounds where I have yet to watch a game where senior football is played.
102 watching Brentford on.

Quick question.
Dean Court -Dorchester-Vitality.
How many grounds ?
2 or 3?
3
 

92 Club

I did my 92nd of the then current grounds in 2018, Fleetwood, a month before my 34th birthday. Thanks to having a dad very keen on taking me to Bees away games and the occasional random game, and lately an understanding and football mad girlfriend who was happy to go to the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe, Forest Green and Newport...

Since then and then since Covid I've got back up to date... except that I'm yet to do Harrogate (who keep being away when we visit Leeds).

I'll have to add up how many English clubs and grounds I've done overall at some point... but on one of the apps I totted up it got to about 150 including non league grounds.



One team and one entry in the 92
Two grounds (Bournemouth and Dorchester)?

I take the view that a new ground is only a new ground if old and new are on separate sites... and Bournemouth is still on the Dean Court site.


Hmm so did I actually so maybe I am equally guilty of double standards.

92 by 34 is very good going.

If foreign and non-league then I'd be laughing. Did four in Sweden in one ten day stint. Sixteen Western League as well.
 

92 Club

Good point. I counted Dean Court and the Vitality as one, but old and new White Hart Lane as two. I might need a recount. Just not sure in which direction....

I don’t consider spinning the pitch round 90 degrees, or whatever it was to be a ‘new‘ ground. WHL is, having sprouted up next door.
Randomly, a quick tot up reveals I have visited 92 English league grounds in total. That does include doubles, and a couple of triples (Brighton, Wimbledon).
Please, nobody get excited by the prospect of ‘doing’ Harrogate. All I’ll say is that it’s conveniently located for the hospital, dump, and crematorium…
 

92 Club

I don’t consider spinning the pitch round 90 degrees, or whatever it was to be a ‘new‘ ground. WHL is, having sprouted up next door.
Randomly, a quick tot up reveals I have visited 92 English league grounds in total. That does include doubles, and a couple of triples (Brighton, Wimbledon).
Please, nobody get excited by the prospect of ‘doing’ Harrogate. All I’ll say is that it’s conveniently located for the hospital, dump, and crematorium…

Only half of spurs is next door the other half was built directly on top. The spot where the old centre circle was is under the South stand.
 

92 Club

100+ in total but 73 of the current 92 - I only count 1st team games attended. Virtually impossible to do 92 with Brentford only especially now that we are nowhere near league one/two and new grounds being built. Need to tick off Old Trafford and London Stadium next season..
 

92 Club

Im at 71 out of the current 92 with 16 grounds I've visited 'lost' to non-league. So total of 87 grounds before moving to the other side of the world. I miss the trips and the days away - usually only spoiled by what happened between 3pm and 5pm - the good 'ol days!
 

92 Club

I’ve visited 125 grounds…. Seen Brentford play at 117 of those, but only 70 of those count toward the ‘proper‘ 92 Club.

The MyGrounds app is very good.
 

92 Club

Visited 88 of the 92 grounds, all with the Bees (I think) and seen us play at 119 grounds in total. Etihad and Everton are the only two I’ve not visited in the PL.
 

92 Club

My youth is a little hazy however I am fairly sure I have done at least 44 if the 92 plus 7 in the national League and 1 in the NLS. Old Stadia would be plough lane, white hart lane, Highbury and Withdrawn.
 

92 Club

144 grounds but only 59 of the current 92.
I think I've done more as I've seen over 120 games in the last 2 seasons alone
 

92 Club

65 out of the current 92, a couple with Coventry (partner is CCFC & we live in Cov) but vast majority with Brentford. I have also done 14 out of the current National League with a smattering of Welsh grounds and National League North & South ones. Like others it is getting harder to finish the 92 as the majority of my missing grounds are also in the lower leagues. I am not particularly fussed about getting the 92 but really love everything about awaydays with the added bonus of visiting parts of the country I might never have been to had we not had a match to go to.
 

92 Club

47/92
+12 that have either closed or been relegated to non-league
77 grounds visited in total (including closed/overseas/national etc.)
 

92 Club

74 current league gorunds (72 Bees) (1 to go in the prem)
26 old grounds/ex-league (22 Bees)
239 total including non-league
 

92 Club

Just completed my 92nd league ground on Easter Monday at Fleetwood. 83 grounds have been visited watching the Bees. The other 9 we have never played a competitive fixture away. My own criteria are that if a team moves ground, I have to visit the new ground as was the case with Morecombe which I did in March, having been to the previous ground twice with the Bees. I only count competitive fixtures, ie. not friendlies or reserve fixtures.

In all I have seen the Bees at 153 different league grounds, which includes the likes of some one off’s such as Rushton & Diamonds, Scarborough, the Don Valley Stadium (Rotherham) and Dorchester (Bournemouth).

If I include Wembley and the Millennium stadium, plus the Italian adventure in the 90s and away non- league FA Cup matches, I have watched the Bees in competitive matches at 165 different grounds.

In all I have watched the Bees away 738 times. Bournemouth tops the list having seen the Bees play there 21 times, closely followed by the County ground at Swindon, 20 times.

Quite an adventure! And I am still married.
 

92 Club

Newport County tonight.

I was sent to this ground by a clueless local in 1998 when I wanted to see Weymouth play Newport and then had to hare to the Newport Stadium at Spytty.

Rodney Parade is a weird old set up.

And I was amused that the steward thought I was a Harrogate director!
 

92 Club

Just completed my 92nd league ground on Easter Monday at Fleetwood. 83 grounds have been visited watching the Bees. The other 9 we have never played a competitive fixture away. My own criteria are that if a team moves ground, I have to visit the new ground as was the case with Morecombe which I did in March, having been to the previous ground twice with the Bees. I only count competitive fixtures, ie. not friendlies or reserve fixtures.

In all I have seen the Bees at 153 different league grounds, which includes the likes of some one off’s such as Rushton & Diamonds, Scarborough, the Don Valley Stadium (Rotherham) and Dorchester (Bournemouth).

If I include Wembley and the Millennium stadium, plus the Italian adventure in the 90s and away non- league FA Cup matches, I have watched the Bees in competitive matches at 165 different grounds.

In all I have watched the Bees away 738 times. Bournemouth tops the list having seen the Bees play there 21 times, closely followed by the County ground at Swindon, 20 times.

Quite an adventure! And I am still married.

? ? ? quality scenes !!
 

92 Club

79 of the current 92
All with Brentford, except Newport, who I’ve seen play Plymouth twice and Coventry once.
If Notts County, Chesterfield, Barnet, or Southend win the national league playoffs, I will be up to 80/92.
 

92 Club

Newport County tonight.

I was sent to this ground by a clueless local in 1998 when I wanted to see Weymouth play Newport and then had to hare to the Newport Stadium at Spytty.

Rodney Parade is a weird old set up.

And I was amused that the steward thought I was a Harrogate director!
Did you play along and get some freebies?
 

92 Club

Pitifully low number myself so I won't mention it but thought of this thread while reading this lovely article...
It is a nice article, and they captured a world that was about to change with a timing a documentary maker would be proud of. Taking a photo at each ground was a nice touch too as photography was something you had to plan ahead and pay for at the time.

I'm sure many regular away fans like me would think it's a bit of a shame to race around so many of the grounds in a few days and not see football at most of them though. A photo by the club shop isn't quite the same.
 

92 Club

It is a nice article, and they captured a world that was about to change with a timing a documentary maker would be proud of. Taking a photo at each ground was a nice touch too as photography was something you had to plan ahead and pay for at the time.

I'm sure many regular away fans like me would think it's a bit of a shame to race around so many of the grounds in a few days and not see football at most of them though. A photo by the club shop isn't quite the same.
Yes, bit of a rush some of those days they did and, without a game and fans, a football ground never seems as "alive" but, as someone who currently goes to away games with my 16 year old son, the sentiments and memories he expressed seemed very relevant to me.
 

92 Club

Burton Albion today. Never been before. Think I've only gone through it on a train once.

Basic ground or what?

Some Brentford links. And Lewington is still playing?!? Just looked him up and he is 38.
 
Back
Top Bottom