A Cobblers View...

HertsCobbler

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2007
Messages
26
Reaction score
0

A Cobblers View...

Hope you do not a new post as the away fans section is a bit dead!!!

I have a very bad feeling about this one. I have been to Griffin Park twice and twice you beat us 3-0. The last time was after I Humilated myself in a fans game before the big match (that is another story).

Our key problem has been finishing chances, we battered a very poor Gillingham side and only just saved one point. We do have a habit of letting in silly goals, although this has improved since our goalkeeper at the game at Sixfields, Lee Harper has been picked up your ex-manager, Martin Allen.

My gut instinct is that ex Cobblers keeper Nathan Abbey will play a key role tonight. He will either play like Gordon Banks or turn in the Calamity Abbey we had at Sixfields.
 

A Cobblers View...

Mate, if Ide and Kuffour are out, I really don't know how we will fair...... maybe our Captain who's a right back, who's played central midfield and when he came into the senior team was a striker, can renew his role upfront :idea: bloody 2 games in 48hours what a sh*tter.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season...but not tonight tho :D :wave:
 

A Cobblers View...

Hope you do not a new post as the away fans section is a bit dead!!!

I have a very bad feeling about this one. I have been to Griffin Park twice and twice you beat us 3-0. The last time was after I Humilated myself in a fans game before the big match (that is another story).

Our key problem has been finishing chances, we battered a very poor Gillingham side and only just saved one point. We do have a habit of letting in silly goals, although this has improved since our goalkeeper at the game at Sixfields, Lee Harper has been picked up your ex-manager, Martin Allen.

My gut instinct is that ex Cobblers keeper Nathan Abbey will play a key role tonight. He will either play like Gordon Banks or turn in the Calamity Abbey we had at Sixfields.

Who is your best player?
 

A Cobblers View...

Who is your best player?

Well it is not Scott McGleish or Luke Chambers as the press sometimes report.

I would probably say it is a toss up between any of back five and keeper. The boy Pearce on loan from Reading is a real gem.
 

A Cobblers View...

Well it is not Scott McGleish or Luke Chambers as the press sometimes report.

I would probably say it is a toss up between any of back five and keeper. The boy Pearce on loan from Reading is a real gem.

Do you play with 5 at the back then?
 

A Cobblers View...

With Ide and Kuffour fit we would have mullered you tonight. However it's your lucky day and the gods have smiled on you.:sad: Surrounded by Cobblers fans and I was so confident until we paid a price for beating Huddersfield on saturday.
 

A Cobblers View...

Do you play with 5 at the back then?

Yes. We cannot do 4-4-2. Our wing-backs like to get forward, and Jason Crowe is pretty quick. As for our midfield, Gray appears to like to play bingo.

Upfront, "The Good Doctor" is still waiting for his first goal.
 

A Cobblers View...

With Ide and Kuffour fit we would have mullered you tonight. However it's your lucky day and the gods have smiled on you.:sad: Surrounded by Cobblers fans and I was so confident until we paid a price for beating Huddersfield on saturday.

Are they defo out or are these mind games?

Kuffour has definitely seemed lively when he was at Torquay. Willock is a different sort of player.
 

A Cobblers View...

My man at work tells that Deucher is a joke. He says you should have beaten Gillingham but is fearful of tonight.

Deuchar is not that bad!! He is better than the dire James Quinn. He definitley needs time to get up to the speed of the game, but he holds the ball up well.

You need to be scared about Jordan Robertson.
 

A Cobblers View...

We did beat the Cobblers without a competent strike force in August (the paint pot game was so bad I'll pass over it). So it is possible we can bundle the ball into their net. Shipps alongside Willock, trotting downhill with the wind behind them might crush a defensive line into submission and Neil does deserve a goal tonight.
 

A Cobblers View...

Without wishing to jinx Bunny, we now have a competent keeper. Thanks for that goal as it meant the end for the declining Captain Slow aka Lee Harper!!

I am convinced your weakest link is Nathan Abbey.
 

A Cobblers View...

I am convinced your weakest link is Nathan Abbey.

Trust me so was I. I go and watch Cobblers when the Bees aren't playing and always thought Harper was poo. I was on here letting off steam over Abbey coming to us but he has been superb.:confused:

I agree that Bunn is a good keeper.
 

A Cobblers View...

Without wishing to jinx Bunny, we now have a competent keeper. Thanks for that goal as it meant the end for the declining Captain Slow aka Lee Harper!!

I am convinced your weakest link is Nathan Abbey.

Our weak link is Tillen at left-back. Abbey has been excellent so far.
 

A Cobblers View...

Trust me so was I. I go and watch Cobblers when the Bees aren't playing and always thought Harper was poo. I was on here letting off steam over Abbey coming to us but he has been superb.:confused:

I agree that Bunn is a good keeper.

I did say on another forum that Abbey is capable of saves which only a great keeper would pull off, but can be guilty of errors which the most incompetent pub keeper would not make.

He is still hated by Cobblers fans for his howler in the local derby versus the Peterborough Scum!
 

A Cobblers View...

Abbey has been central to the Bees turn of form of late I am afraid Mr Cobbler. Have to admit I had never heard of him before he came here (my general lower div player knowledge is naff).

"capable of saves which only a great keeper would pull off, but can be guilty of errors which the most incompetent pub keeper would not make."

Are you sure you aint describing our other keeper Nelson here ? lol
 

A Cobblers View...

Abbey has been central to the Bees turn of form of late I am afraid Mr Cobbler. Have to admit I had never heard of him before he came here (my general lower div player knowledge is naff).

"capable of saves which only a great keeper would pull off, but can be guilty of errors which the most incompetent pub keeper would not make."

Are you sure you aint describing our other keeper Nelson here ? lol

Definitely Abbey. Mention the words Nathan Abbey to Luton fans and they reach for a strong drink.
 

A Cobblers View...

Definitely Abbey. Mention the words Nathan Abbey to Luton fans and they reach for a strong drink.

I don't doubt ya mate, he has been on top form recently for us though. Seems its the "McCammon Theory" at work - ask any Bees fan about him... :eek:
 

A Cobblers View...

Abbey has been fantastic so far so lets hope he wont have a clanger tonight!! Come on you BEES!!
 
Back
Top Bottom