Absent Steward!!

mk1965

Active member
Joined
2 Sep 2002
Messages
1,754
Reaction score
52
Location
Milton Keynes

Absent Steward!!

Our faithful paddock steward Pauline seen Tuesday against Norwich in civvies and not stewarding.

AFIK she hasn't quit but hasnt been used this season which is a shame as "Auntie Pauline" is one of the few with any common sense and if anyone was out of line she always had a quiet word and a smile on her face whilst doing so.

Always treats the fans with respect which is why we should see her back looking after us in the Paddock.
 

Absent Steward!!

Our faithful paddock steward Pauline seen Tuesday against Norwich in civvies and not stewarding.

AFIK she hasn't quit but hasnt been used this season which is a shame as "Auntie Pauline" is one of the few with any common sense and if anyone was out of line she always had a quiet word and a smile on her face whilst doing so.

Always treats the fans with respect which is why we should see her back looking after us in the Paddock.

Agreed. An asset to the club.
 

Absent Steward!!

Could have done with her on Tues the steward in front of us made himself a bit to busy with a few of the lads, needed the calm approach of Auntie Pauline, bring her back I reckon.
 

Absent Steward!!

I understand that Supervisor Positions have been contracted out and that Auntie Pauline was offered a stewards position at the Family Stand.

Such a tremendous waste of a respected Steward Supervisor who could make the Paddock behave with first a scowl and then a smile with a thank you.
 

Absent Steward!!

I understand that Supervisor Positions have been contracted out and that Auntie Pauline was offered a stewards position at the Family Stand.

Such a tremendous waste of a respected Steward Supervisor who could make the Paddock behave with first a scowl and then a smile with a thank you.

That's a shame if Supervisor positions have gone to "outsiders" we need stewards that understand the club and its supporters and treat us with respect as we would them, unlike many other clubs that treat travelling fans with disdain.
 

Absent Steward!!

A few years ago I was at one of the England under 17 Internationals regularly staged at Griffin Park ( against Northern Ireland I think ) I was with my wife and daughter who was then aged about 14. My daughter was taking a couple of photographs of the game as were many others around us. A bumptious young female steward came over to my daughter and,without any previous warning, said "if you use that camera again I will confiscate it and throw you out " I was not very happy about that approach,but my wife being a tad calmer than me,went and found Pauline who had a "quiet word" with the young steward and told my daughter to carry on taking pictures. Well done Pauline !! Your calm approach stopped a very nasty situation arising.
 

Absent Steward!!

Saw her in New Road on Saturday so she is still about
 

Absent Steward!!

Absent Steward!!

Absent Steward!!

She was offered the family stand but I don't think she has done any stewarding this season so far.

Sounds like she likes it rough
 

Absent Steward!!

Real shame as she's a legend in the stewarding world, respected by people. I've known Pauline and been friend for donkey's years, her hubby Neil and I used to play football together many many ago and I went to their wedding! Shame on you BFC
 

Absent Steward!!

She was offered the family stand but I don't think she has done any stewarding this season so far.

She did the first match of the season as I required her help and she more than satisfied our needs. This was indeed in the family stand.
 

Absent Steward!!

There is a few stewards we could do without, but not our Pauline.
 

Absent Steward!!

Pauline feels that she is being marginalised at Brentford.
I think it's that much worse for Pauline because she holds BFC very close to her heart.
To quote her she "has cried buckets".
 

Absent Steward!!

Pauline feels that she is being marginalised at Brentford.
I think it's that much worse for Pauline because she holds BFC very close to her heart.
To quote her she "has cried buckets".

she told me she was now also working at the training ground on the day of the open day, as a few players left before my daughter got to see them.. it was very sweet of her to say.. so has she gone from the training ground aswell?
 

Absent Steward!!

I don't know what the immediate future holds for her.
 

Absent Steward!!

I spoke to Pauline a month or so back as she is very involved as a volunteer at a disabled children's drama group. GPG FC were keen to help her group with a donation and hence we spoke about what she does etc.

Pauline got a bit emotional when I asked why she was no longer to be seen keeping the Paddock in order. Suffice to say she would not say a bad word about Brentford but she is obviously deeply hurt and very disappointed about the decision to move her to New Road after so many years getting to know the Paddock and earning the total respect of the Paddock.
 
Back
Top Bottom