All Over...

All Over...

Are you being ironical?

Because in the Brentford/Swansea thread Brentford fans are having meltdowns over.......wait for it......(drum roll)......the first two games of the season.:thetruth:

How many game before your fans go into meltdown?
 

All Over...

............................its all over now..............................

lol

With apologies to Private Eye...

We would like to apologise to any readers if last week's postings gave them the impression that Brentford are a bunch of hopeless hoof merchants set for a season of struggle, can count themselves lucky if Luton don't overhaul them, and that Andy Scott should be sacked immediately.
What we of course meant was they might as well hand the brilliant Bees the title now, and watch out Capello...it's Scott for England!
 

All Over...

Luckily I'm too old to love the players and I don't need to taste anything from Scott's arse for my living. If they are good then I will let them know but if they mess up then I will also let them know. I'm loving the feeling of yesterday but we now need to see some consistency as ridiculous to sublime every other week won't do the job this season. Grimsby were poor but so are most teams in this division and it's there for the taking IMO, Bury are no worldbeaters and if you look at most teams signings and then compare them to some of ours.........no contest, maybe Shrewsbury apart. Grimsby, Morecambe, Rochdale and Darlo struggle to attract players, Heywood went for the dollar and I wonder how he feels this morning. "His stomach feels fatter but hs heart feels thinner." I enjoyed yesterday but I will enjoy the 1-0 ground out away wins more, the ones were we are hanging on with 200 Bees giving their all whilst sh*tting themselves, I'll let you know about them on here.
 

All Over...

Luckily I'm too old to love the players and I don't need to taste anything from Scott's arse for my living. If they are good then I will let them know but if they mess up then I will also let them know. I'm loving the feeling of yesterday but we now need to see some consistency as ridiculous to sublime every other week won't do the job this season. Grimsby were poor but so are most teams in this division and it's there for the taking IMO, Bury are no worldbeaters and if you look at most teams signings and then compare them to some of ours.........no contest, maybe Shrewsbury apart. Grimsby, Morecambe, Rochdale and Darlo struggle to attract players, Heywood went for the dollar and I wonder how he feels this morning. "His stomach feels fatter but hs heart feels thinner." I enjoyed yesterday but I will enjoy the 1-0 ground out away wins more, the ones were we are hanging on with 200 Bees giving their all whilst sh*tting themselves, I'll let you know about them on here.

No need to take it personally. I was posting about what I saw about a general overreaction to the Bury defeat. I was at Gigg Lane too and was pissed off with a sh*te perfomance, but wasn't prepared to write off our season as a result of it. The players deserved criticising last week, but the wailing and gnashing of the teeth seemed over the top. Perhaps a good pre-season and accumulation of the best squad in three years set expectations high and made Bury even more of a let down than usual. But opening day games can be strange, and just as beating Blackpool two years ago was a false dawn, so too, I felt, was Gigg Lane, and I believed we would show out true potential before long (didn't expect it that quickly though). Bury also showed again yesterday by beating Chesterfield at Saltergate that they are no mugs. As for the brown-nosing, I really hope you don't think that and are just taking the piss back...
 

All Over...

Surely the reaction against Bury was simple frustration by the fans, because of the disappointments that we have had to face in the past. Even I, one of life's optimists, have seen enough false dawns to thoroughly depress me.
Having said that, I doubt that anyone who went to Bury truly felt that the season was going to be a write-off per se, and if anything, the reaction (which must surely be noticed by the club's management) might have played a part in the galvanising of the squad.
 

All Over...

This thread is a direct lift from 'Life of Brian' and the scene in the sewer under the Palace.

"We should be fighting together"

"We ARE fighting together"
 

All Over...

Bury are v underated and will piss the league 2 handicap league at +18 points

No chance.:D You didn't see how average to poor they were. We ripped them apart for 7 minutes and then they realised that we were worse and took over. Scott changed things, no he didn't...:rolleyes: well he did when it was too late and there we go.

update....:wave:
 

All Over...

It's only two weeks now till we're out of the cup, then a long, weary struggle to avoid an end-of-season relegation decider with Loo Town. :cry:
 

All Over...

....................its all going wrong..............................
 

All Over...

It's all your fault.
 

All Over...

update....:wave:

You want an update after Bury have lost 2 home games on the trot?:confused:
I still stand by the fact that Scott has no idea how to change a game and his use of subs us frightening, I said it last year and slowly others are beginning to start threads on on it.;)
 

All Over...

update....:wave:

Where do you stand now? I imagine that they are still sitting handy in the old handicap league. My bod at work who follows them says they are playing poo but they always finish strongly, I've listened to him for 3 seasons now and it normally seems that they do.
 

All Over...

You want an update after Bury have lost 2 home games on the trot?:confused:
I still stand by the fact that Scott has no idea how to change a game and his use of subs us frightening, I said it last year and slowly others are beginning to start threads on on it.;)

He's doing ok on the Subs front in my book now :)
 

All Over...

He's doing ok on the Subs front in my book now :)

I liked the changing of Elder, I would have taken Bennett off too and shoved Karleigh in there with Newton at RB. The subs thing is changing, we don't seem to wait until the 85th minute anymore.:sorted:
 

All Over...

Guys, just before any of you get carried away and you bring this back up when we are crowned Champions in March...this thread was meant to be Ironic....
 

All Over...

.....................its all gone bandy......................
 

All Over...

Guys, just before any of you get carried away and you bring this back up when we are crowned Champions in March...this thread was meant to be Ironic....

............................I know...........................
 

All Over...

I think we have a wicked first three game schedule and it will get easier, but also from what I gather the Bees must play better. Grimsby is only must win if Grimsby are going to finish lower than mid-table. I am almost certain they wont.

Some Chester fans booed their players off at half-time against Leeds tonight, so this impatience is not just a Brentford disease.

Someone should try telling those Chester fans that it's only two games of the season, and there is a lot of the season to go yet. Bloody drama queens.... :mad:

I suggest nobody takes betting tips from this individual. ;) :sneakoff:

With the benefit of hindsight, we got Grimsby at home at absolutely the right time - after a (slightly) disappointing start to the season and when we needed that little kickstart.

In many ways, Les Beeavinu was right on page 1 - that was indeed a must-win game.
 

All Over...

I suggest nobody takes betting tips from this individual. ;) :sneakoff:

With the benefit of hindsight, we got Grimsby at home at absolutely the right time - after a (slightly) disappointing start to the season and when we needed that little kickstart.

In many ways, Les Beeavinu was right on page 1 - that was indeed a must-win game.

We tend not not listen to Exeter fans ;) :fishing:
 

All Over...

We tend not not listen to Exeter fans ;) :fishing:

B**tard! You know that's going to get a response! :cool:

I can't fault them, and hope they fill up one of the two remaining automatic slots this weekend. Their fans have been courteous to me, despite knowing I'm a bee - and at a time when we have been competing for the same territory.
 
Back
Top Bottom