An Epitaph
Here lies the body of brentford football club.
for nearly 100 years it has graced griffin park..
some good times and some bad times
but now just sad times
killed by an inept management and a board too scared to see past its own noses and do the radical surgery needed in getting rid of the growth called Wally Downes
the third division beckons and then what ? the conference or even the ryman league?
Every other club in our position has tried to do something about it.
What have we done?
nothing
nothing
and nothing again
all I can see next year is more sadness and despondency as crowds plummet followed by administration and then the docking of points for administration
followed by the conference
R.I.P
I will always follow the bees and will visit the grave often
for nearly 100 years it has graced griffin park..
some good times and some bad times
but now just sad times
killed by an inept management and a board too scared to see past its own noses and do the radical surgery needed in getting rid of the growth called Wally Downes
the third division beckons and then what ? the conference or even the ryman league?
Every other club in our position has tried to do something about it.
What have we done?
nothing
nothing
and nothing again
all I can see next year is more sadness and despondency as crowds plummet followed by administration and then the docking of points for administration
followed by the conference
R.I.P
I will always follow the bees and will visit the grave often
