Andy Frampton v Paddock

Andy Frampton v Paddock

My take on it was that the players were applauding us for putting up with what we'd just seen. There was no air of celebration about it whatsoever. And if some idiot in the Paddock (or anywhere) does a ****er sign at Framps, then it's fine by me if Framps gets the arse about it. As has been said, there was no deliberate attempt to ignore the Paddock.

:imwith:
Spot on Ed. The players were embarrassed by the result and their aknowledgement of the supporters seemed more by way of apology than anything else. Brooker said a totally unprovoked "sorry" to us as he left the ground.

Frampton led the crusade right from the start yesterday; for most of the game it wasn't effort that was lacking but tactics and application. At the end of a despairing 90 minutes he then tries to do the right thing, gets a good response from many of the supporters (who felt that the team had put in a reasonably valiant effort but eventually succumbed to circumstances) but then meets up with abuse as he enters the tunnel.

I don't care how much some of you claim you have spent to attend the game - it does not give you the right to give it large and then expect no negative reaction from a fellow human being.:nono:

Were these the same morons who called Dyke a f**kin c**t as he tried to explain the situation to the fans in the forecourt?

Everyone gets hyped up because we all care passionately about our club - but let's keep a bit of civility as we try to move onwards and upwards from this low point.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

:imwith:
Spot on Ed. The players were embarrassed by the result and their aknowledgement of the supporters seemed more by way of apology than anything else. Brooker said a totally unprovoked "sorry" to us as he left the ground.

Frampton led the crusade right from the start yesterday; for most of the game it wasn't effort that was lacking but tactics and application. At the end of a despairing 90 minutes he then tries to do the right thing, gets a good response from many of the supporters (who felt that the team had put in a reasonably valiant effort but eventually succumbed to circumstances) but then meets up with abuse as he enters the tunnel.

I don't care how much some of you claim you have spent to attend the game - it does not give you the right to give it large and then expect no negative reaction from a fellow human being.:nono:

Were these the same morons who called Dyke a f**kin c**t as he tried to explain the situation to the fans in the forecourt?

Everyone gets hyped up because we all care passionately about our club - but let's keep a bit of civility as we try to move onwards and upwards from this low point.

So why did Frampton 'apparently' signal to the players not to applaud the Paddock?
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

So why did Frampton 'apparently' signal to the players not to applaud the Paddock?

:shrug:

Maybe this had something to do with it...

Saw a guy gestering "slitting throat" in front of LR on the way to the dressing room, very poor.
We were right in signing Leroy out but the F off Leroy took it too far, no need

Thought the abuse he recieved from the paddock was nothing short of disgraceful.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

I also heard him shout......Celtic ****er in your direction.
I think that's when he got applauded to be fair.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

So why did Frampton 'apparently' signal to the players not to applaud the Paddock?
I think this is a simple misinterpretation of what happened. I was there and saw the players applaud the New Road, then the Braemar, then the Wendy House. You were right to put "apparently" in inverted commas.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

:
Frampton led the crusade right from the start yesterday; for most of the game it wasn't effort that was lacking but tactics and application. At the end of a despairing 90 minutes he then tries to do the right thing, gets a good response from many of the supporters (who felt that the team had put in a reasonably valiant effort but eventually succumbed to circumstances) but then meets up with abuse as he enters the tunnel.

Sorry but thats a load of tosh. Who does Frampton think he is, some sort of Brentford legend?? He is an average lower league defender, over rated by a lot of our fans IMHO and who frankly has been poor since returning to the side with his cosy new contract in tow...

Who the hell is he to call the shots on fans views of the gutless cowards purporting to wear our shirt?
Nobody singled Frampton out individually, he has no reason to take it personally and is basically over stating his importance at GP.

He generally puts everything into every game but some of you seem to think he`s above any criticism and should be exempt from it. Why?
And then when he gives it the big one he should somehow be excused? Hes a professional (vice-captain lol ) and part and parcel of the job is taking criticism from the punters when you under perform, as well as taking the glory when you do well.

I personally agree with the TITS congingent on this thread and if we can ship Frampton out in January I would have absolutely no problem with that. Too big for your boots fella :wave:
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

it's always seemed odd to me how fans can dish out foul personal abuse to players, but if a player reacts then those same fans get all sensitive about their hurt feelings.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

it's always seemed odd to me how fans can dish out foul personal abuse to players, but if a player reacts then those same fans get all sensitive about their hurt feelings.

Personal abuse is OTT - thats for the GPG/pub, but you would also hope the players would keep such frustrations within the dressing room or vent them on the opposition during the game rather than starting a feud with sections of the crowd afterwards.
I do feel that if it was someone like Nelson/Willock/Brooker etc. instead of Framps, there would a great deal more slating of the player on here. I don't see in general how the players can complain about criticism, when it is justified by such poor performances and the league position.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Personal abuse is OTT - thats for the GPG/pub, but you would also hope the players would keep such frustrations within the dressing room or vent them on the opposition during the game rather than starting a feud with sections of the crowd afterwards.
I do feel that if it was someone like Nelson/Willock/Brooker etc. instead of Framps, there would a great deal more slating of the player on here. I don't see in general how the players can complain about criticism, when it is justified by such poor performances and the league position.

agreed- i've always thought that if they take the adulation then they should take the criticism as well. but i also think that fans can get all righteously indignant over things that aren't really worth getting in a stew over.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Sorry but thats a load of tosh. Who does Frampton think he is, some sort of Brentford legend?? He is an average lower league defender, over rated by a lot of our fans IMHO and who frankly has been poor since returning to the side with his cosy new contract in tow...

Who the hell is he to call the shots on fans views of the gutless cowards purporting to wear our shirt?
Nobody singled Frampton out individually, he has no reason to take it personally and is basically over stating his importance at GP.

He generally puts everything into every game but some of you seem to think he`s above any criticism and should be exempt from it. Why?
And then when he gives it the big one he should somehow be excused? Hes a professional (vice-captain lol ) and part and parcel of the job is taking criticism from the punters when you under perform, as well as taking the glory when you do well.

I personally agree with the TITS congingent on this thread and if we can ship Frampton out in January I would have absolutely no problem with that. Too big for your boots fella :wave:

Spot on PJ.

:sorted: :sorted:
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

I tend to disagree Pete. We all expect players to "react" (respond may be a better word) to the adulation from us fans when things are going well and some will react when being abused when things are going pony like now. Frustrations boil over as I'm sure we all know. The players who care - and I certainly count Framps in that number - must have been hurting Saturday. Whilst still a poor performance I did think that there was at least a bit of fight in a majority of the players - certainly far more than the debacle of the previous week. I'm not sure how I'd have reacted if I'd been on the receiving end of the abuse but I certainly dont subscribe to the view that it should all be one way (ie that fans can shout absolute vitriol at anybody they like and the "victim" to simply take it meekly).
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

I thought Frampton's gesture was to keep the players on the pitch, as a few seemed to head straight for the tunnel.

As for why they bothered to clap in the first place, i reckon they were just saying thanks for staying, Huge amounts of people left way before the end.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

At various stages, even when 4-0 down, people were still offering some support. I think the players were recognising the effort put in by the supporters, who to be honest had been more than fair to the team.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Someone needs to get Frampton to 'Officially' state his feelings and what he did on Saturday then.

I wasn't there as I have said, but there a lot of fans I know (including a couple of 'wiser and older' amongst us who are really pissed off by what they 'think' Frampton was up to..

If he doesn't come clean and say 'yes this was the reason why' or 'no - it was misinterpreted' then he will be hounded out of the place and rightly so..

He nneds to nip this in the bud pretty quick before it really starts to turn nasty..
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

I tend to disagree Pete. We all expect players to "react" (respond may be a better word) to the adulation from us fans when things are going well and some will react when being abused when things are going pony like now. Frustrations boil over as I'm sure we all know. The players who care - and I certainly count Framps in that number - must have been hurting Saturday. Whilst still a poor performance I did think that there was at least a bit of fight in a majority of the players - certainly far more than the debacle of the previous week. I'm not sure how I'd have reacted if I'd been on the receiving end of the abuse but I certainly dont subscribe to the view that it should all be one way (ie that fans can shout absolute vitriol at anybody they like and the "victim" to simply take it meekly).

well said. saw something in the paper today about an incident where roeder was called "tumour boy", but they were so upset by his assistant's response they reported him to stewards.
bournmouth away a few years back, evening game in the pouring rain it was, they scored from a penalty. as the player turned away two blokes in front of me started screaming that he'd made an offensive gesture and demanded the steward got plod over. one of them was/is a brentford steward so he knew all the technicalities. the player had barely looked at us but they were acting like they'd been shot.

i remember some brentford fans singing a charming little song about a tragedy that happened to a female birmingham employee. surely it couldn't be any of them that want to hound frampton out for unnacceptable behaviour?
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Well the geezer Frammo was having a go at won't be online for the next couple of weeks anyway, but in his absence I shall say, all the Paddocker was saying was that "ALL OF THEM" are not fit to wear the shirt... a fair comment I reckon :rolleyes: He wasn't even picking out Frammo or anyone singularly, but even if he was, any Bees player out there should have agreed and shrugged his shoulders in apology, or at least walked off and ignored it.

As has been said above, I would rather they took their agression out on the pitch.

Cheers Nocoat - been in Lisbon for the last week and a bit. At least I got to go to Benfica versus FC Copenhagen last night...

If anyone's still vaguely interested in this saga, it was ME in the Paddock that Frampton was gesturing at - and his behaviour was disgraceful. As said above, I wasn't having a got at him in particular. The whole team were appalling. At the final whistle I was shouting "you're a disgrace Brentford. You're not fit to wear the shirt, and you're the worst team I've ever seen here". This all just fact, with 100% added truth in my opinion - and having paid £20 for that rubbish I think my comments were fairly balanced! And, to clarify, there were no hand gestures, swearing etc (I was with my five year old boy). And I was just saying this in general, not pointing at ANYBODY. It was only then that I looked across towards the Brook Road to see Frampton glaring at me. He then pointed at me specifically, pointed to his face to signal that he'd 'clocked' me and then pointed to outside the stadium as if to say "I'm going to chin you out there".

Not overly impressed. :sad:
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Cheers Nocoat - been in Lisbon for the last week and a bit. At least I got to go to Benfica versus FC Copenhagen last night...

If anyone's still vaguely interested in this saga, it was ME in the Paddock that Frampton was gesturing at - and his behaviour was disgraceful. As said above, I wasn't having a got at him in particular. The whole team were appalling. At the final whistle I was shouting "you're a disgrace Brentford. You're not fit to wear the shirt, and you're the worst team I've ever seen here". This all just fact, with 100% added truth in my opinion - and having paid £20 for that rubbish I think my comments were fairly balanced! And, to clarify, there were no hand gestures, swearing etc (I was with my five year old boy). And I was just saying this in general, not pointing at ANYBODY. It was only then that I looked across towards the Brook Road to see Frampton glaring at me. He then pointed at me specifically, pointed to his face to signal that he'd 'clocked' me and then pointed to outside the stadium as if to say "I'm going to chin you out there".

Not overly impressed. :sad:
Silly Hat,

I'd send an e-mail FAO of Frampton to Peter and write down how upset you are at his response to your shouting. Assuming you are telling it as it is and I don't doubt you, I would hope that frampton has the decency to either apologise unreservedly for his petulant behaviour and puts it down to anger at his and the team shortcomings. Only other excuse I can see is if he claims he was being abused and got the wrong person.

If he is half the bloke I hope he is, he should at least seek the opportunity to meet up and shake your hand and say sorry, worst case he should reply to you.

It would be nice to have closure one way or the other and let you and the others upset at the time either forgive him or know that he is an a***.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Cheers Nocoat - been in Lisbon for the last week and a bit. At least I got to go to Benfica versus FC Copenhagen last night...

If anyone's still vaguely interested in this saga, it was ME in the Paddock that Frampton was gesturing at - and his behaviour was disgraceful. As said above, I wasn't having a got at him in particular. The whole team were appalling. At the final whistle I was shouting "you're a disgrace Brentford. You're not fit to wear the shirt, and you're the worst team I've ever seen here". This all just fact, with 100% added truth in my opinion - and having paid £20 for that rubbish I think my comments were fairly balanced! And, to clarify, there were no hand gestures, swearing etc (I was with my five year old boy). And I was just saying this in general, not pointing at ANYBODY. It was only then that I looked across towards the Brook Road to see Frampton glaring at me. He then pointed at me specifically, pointed to his face to signal that he'd 'clocked' me and then pointed to outside the stadium as if to say "I'm going to chin you out there".

Not overly impressed. :sad:

I endured a similar situation with fatty Stannard towards the end of Wallys reign.
We'd just been mullered at home by Plymouth and I was questioning the teams pride and ability - without swearing. Stannard stopped and singled me out, calling me a "fcking wnker" infront of my 3 year old.
Nice touch eh? I thought about taking it further, and several people on the GPG encouraged me to write to the club officially. But, the club was a shambles and it was the last thing that Wally needed at the time.
That's one of the reasons I was so dismayed to find out that the fat fulham fool had rejoined the club.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Cheers Nocoat - been in Lisbon for the last week and a bit. At least I got to go to Benfica versus FC Copenhagen last night...

If anyone's still vaguely interested in this saga, it was ME in the Paddock that Frampton was gesturing at - and his behaviour was disgraceful. As said above, I wasn't having a got at him in particular. The whole team were appalling. At the final whistle I was shouting "you're a disgrace Brentford. You're not fit to wear the shirt, and you're the worst team I've ever seen here". This all just fact, with 100% added truth in my opinion - and having paid £20 for that rubbish I think my comments were fairly balanced! And, to clarify, there were no hand gestures, swearing etc (I was with my five year old boy). And I was just saying this in general, not pointing at ANYBODY. It was only then that I looked across towards the Brook Road to see Frampton glaring at me. He then pointed at me specifically, pointed to his face to signal that he'd 'clocked' me and then pointed to outside the stadium as if to say "I'm going to chin you out there".

Not overly impressed. :sad:

I sit within a close distance of you, and saw the whole thing unfold infront of me, you didn't deserve that reaction from a player especially after that performance and your criticism was preety fair on the players, knew it was bang out of order from Framton the moment I saw it. Still can't believe people have come on here and tryed to justify Framptons actions!
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

good on frampton and good on silly hat i say. BRING ON THE FREE BOOZE BUS TO CHELTENHAM.

FITZGERALD OUT!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Think this needs sorting in a genuine manner. Whatever Andy Framptons
abilities as a player think we all agree he has given his all in most games
if not all. This makes his response at end of game even more upsetting and maybe shows he cares. I am sure that this can be sorted. His parents support
him at GP and would probably agree.
I think in the heat of the moment that he may well have over thought his own
importance,or tried to do the right thing in a naieve way and got upset by
not getting some sort of tribulation. i feel certain players helped to throw that game last Saturday,just my opinion by their attituide and performance,dont think he was one of them.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Feelings were running high at the end of the game as it was obvious what was about to happen and it came at the end of a quite dreadful and embarassing second half.

LR had to go but no normal person likes to see a Bees manager walk along the Paddock under such a torrent of personal abuse, I was really hoping they would have sneaked him out round the back to be honest, he is a decent human being after all and I am sure some of the players would have a lot of empathy with him.

When it comes to effort, commitment and playing to your ability, Framps is one of the good guys in my opinion.

So one or two players might have done or said things they might now regret in hindsight but so did a fair few supporters to be honest, it was the emotion of the moment, it happens in football matches....now time to move on without recrimination.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Frampton has under delievered since he landed his fat new contract, terms which LR & JG helped top up for him. Nice of him to repay the mangement team like that.

All this he is one of the good guys nonsense. Let him prove it on the pitch, him and KOC have a lot of making up to do. They need to start tomorrow night.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Too right, they were never first on the team sheet when we had a decent side anyway.
So giving it big time charlies wont wash with me, ive watched their restricted capabilities over the last few years.
The least they can do is give 100% effort because they fall short on talent.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

On the playing side has AF actually put in a decent performance since he tried his Ronaldinho in the POs?
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

On the playing side has AF actually put in a decent performance since he tried his Ronaldinho in the POs?

Yes ! :wave:

(a) Brighton
1st half (a) Rotherham


By my reckoning....
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Tonight well known and probably the most respected BEES fan there is, told Mr Frampton what he thought of his display at the final whistle by the corner. A toe to toe discussion was held.

Result of which Mr Frampton said:
"Feck off, get a life and do one"

I suppose if you`ve just trousered a contract worth £150,000, you can talk to the punters like that.:rolleyes:

I would rather have said BEES fan playing for BFC than alledged professional footballer.:(
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Tonight well known and probably the most respected BEES fan there is, told Mr Frampton what he thought of his display at the final whistle by the corner. A toe to toe discussion was held.

Result of which Mr Frampton said:
"Feck off, get a life and do one"

I suppose if you`ve just trousered a contract worth £150,000, you can talk to the punters like that.:rolleyes:

I would rather have said BEES fan playing for BFC than alledged professional footballer.:(


But I wasn't there!
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Frampton is a **** !...And He's sh*t hes bang out of order, how can anyone tell me that its right for a player to have to be held back from trying to nut one of his own fans !
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Was it, I'm being careful to rearrange the letters here to keep the potential mascreant's ID a secret, JP?
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Looked to me as if said fan decided to stalk all the way up through the disabled area to specifically have some seconds with Frampton after last time...

Time to get over it I feel...
 
Last edited:

Andy Frampton v Paddock

I saw it tonight and I know the said GPGER he had a go at and he has done more for this club off the pitch then Frampton ever will on the pitch.

Frampton reaction was a disgrace and I presume he'll be on the bus to MK Dons ASAP.
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

I saw it tonight and I know the said GPGER he had a go at and he has done more for this club off the pitch then Frampton ever will on the pitch.

Frampton reaction was a disgrace and I presume he'll be on the bus to MK Dons ASAP.


Was Frampton that bad tonight ?
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Frampton should be fined 2 weeks wages and the money given to Fighting Chance IMO.

No Andy that does not mean that you fight people!
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

After another embarrassing drubbing and me having the hump with Frampton from previous incidents i dont mind saying i singled him out at the end of the game.

I said to him he was a senior player and the likes of him and O`Connor should be shouldering responsibility and leading the way, not wanting to fight the fans - in AFs case - (or cause friction between players/fans) every week.

He didnt take kindly to it but its all heat of the moment stuff really.
If i took it seriously i probably wouldnt support the club while that idiot wears our colours. I gave him some stick and he returned the compliment. No problem.

We will all be here long after Frampton`s gone and i wont lose any sleep over it :wave:
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

After another embarrassing drubbing and me having the hump with Frampton from previous incidents i dont mind saying i singled him out at the end of the game.

I said to him he was a senior player and the likes of him and O`Connor should be shouldering responsibility and leading the way, not wanting to fight the fans - in AFs case - (or cause friction between players/fans) every week.

He didnt take kindly to it but its all heat of the moment stuff really.
If i took it seriously i probably wouldnt support the club while that idiot wears our colours. I gave him some stick and he returned the compliment. No problem.

We will all be here long after Frampton`s gone and i wont lose any sleep over it :wave:

:sorted: :sorted: :wave:
 

Andy Frampton v Paddock

Tonight well known and probably the most respected BEES fan there is, told Mr Frampton what he thought of his display at the final whistle by the corner. A toe to toe discussion was held.

Result of which Mr Frampton said:
"Feck off, get a life and do one"

I suppose if you`ve just trousered a contract worth £150,000, you can talk to the punters like that.:rolleyes:

I would rather have said BEES fan playing for BFC than alledged professional footballer.:(


It seems the team we currently have is rotten to the core.

They would rather fight the fans that fight out on the pitch.

No self-respect from any of them. :(

Incidentally, are the recent incidents regarding Frampton grounds for dismissal?
 
Back
Top Bottom