Andy Scott

Andy Scott

Seem to remember when he signed the contract there were rumoursabout possible clauses etc that may have saved the club money if it all went pete tong...

Clauses on both sides, young Westlad.

For example, if a big club like Orient come in for Scott, he has a release clause.

If Scott signs anyone else with fulham connections, the paddock have the right to bare his buttocks and administer a punishing beating to the young gaffer.

:sorted:
 

Andy Scott

Just heard report on 5 live

'Only fly in the ointment is just how far will Brighton test Brentford's resolve to keep AS' :confused:


Thought this was NB's joke- did he get to their reporter????????:confused:
 

Andy Scott

Mark Clemmit asked me if I thought Andy would go to Brighton.

I said I sincerely doubted whether he'd even consider it and I hope that's right.
 

Andy Scott

A
Mark Clemmit asked me if I thought Andy would go to Brighton.

I said I sincerely doubted whether he'd even consider it and I hope that's right.

My Brighton supporting mate reckons they need to rebuild which would leave him back where he was here last summer. He knows he'll be in a better position with us after this season or offered better jobs elsewhere
 

Andy Scott

Mark Clemmit asked me if I thought Andy would go to Brighton.

I said I sincerely doubted whether he'd even consider it and I hope that's right.

Absolutely no chance. He's staying right where he is.
 

Andy Scott

Going to Brighton would be career suicide at the moment. Doubt he'd even entertain the idea.
 

Andy Scott

Absolutely no chance. He's staying right where he is.


Andy Scott is a highly intelligent, articulate man who happens to be a emerging top class manager, why the hell would he want to go to Brighton. Whoever starts these rumours should find something else to do with his time and get out more........:nono:
 

Andy Scott

Thought this was NB's joke- did he get to their reporter????????:confused:

No, but I heard he spends a lot of his 'me' time down in the Brighton area these days so perhaps he's just planted the idea in their mind during 'pillow talk'....:fishing:lol:worm::shake:
 

Andy Scott

Andy Scott

Brighon job is all b***ocks

Jim Gannon said that his position at Stockport was 'untenable' for various boardroom reasons, so off he popped to Brighton for an interview, only to turn the job down! :rolleyes:

So what does that tell you! :rolleyes:

So Andy ...stay with the Bees...you know it makes sense!

JB...:sorted:
 

Andy Scott

No, but I heard he spends a lot of his 'me' time down in the Brighton area these days so perhaps he's just planted the idea in their mind during 'pillow talk'....:fishing:lol:worm::shake:

:nono:It was a quickie in Braemar Road toilets, if that is any of your business.
 

Andy Scott

I don't reckon Andy Scott will consider another position until at least this time next season when, if we are doing well in Div 1, his name might start getting linked with a club that is bigger than us and underperforming. An obvious one would be Charlton Athletic, the ones you find in the lower echelons of the Championship that can still remember having played Premiership football.
I reckon right now, it's too big a gamble for these clubs to offer him a job.
Then again, I don't think Brentford are paying Andy Scott much for a manager.
 

Andy Scott

I hope the club are in a position at the end of the season to reward Andy hansomely for his significant achievements, as I think that this would produce a better relationship between him and the club, and so hopefully he will have some loyalty if bigger clubs come sniffing.

Also, I seem to remember numerous comments from Scott that footballers and managers should not move to higher clubs just for the fact they are higher - it happened to him when he went to Sheffield United, and that didnt quite work out, and he persuaded Dickson to stay at Brentford when a move to Darlington seemed set to happen.

I think that we'll be quite unlucky to lose him in the 09/10 season, maybe 10/11 if we are still doing well.
 

Andy Scott

I hope the club are in a position at the end of the season to reward Andy hansomely for his significant achievements, as I think that this would produce a better relationship between him and the club, and so hopefully he will have some loyalty if bigger clubs come sniffing.

Also, I seem to remember numerous comments from Scott that footballers and managers should not move to higher clubs just for the fact they are higher - it happened to him when he went to Sheffield United, and that didnt quite work out, and he persuaded Dickson to stay at Brentford when a move to Darlington seemed set to happen.

I think that we'll be quite unlucky to lose him in the 09/10 season, maybe 10/11 if we are still doing well.


He's on a five year contract, can't get much more support then that.
 

Andy Scott

I have it on very good authority that Brighton are going to appoint a caretaker manager till the end of the season and go for either Ince or Slade.
 

Andy Scott

Andy Scott

He can get manager of the year at the end of the season if or when we win the league title.
 

Andy Scott

He can get manager of the year at the end of the season if or when we win the league title.

Cant believe he didn't get Manager of the Month after wins against two promotion rivals, still perhaps its a good thing its usually a curse anyway.
 

Andy Scott

Last edited:

Andy Scott

Andy Scott

Not read that before Smiffy, well worth another look.

Knows his stuff and does his homework from non league all the way up. Pleased with what I have seen of him during games, always honest and keeps me upbeat.

Fingers crossed for another good season.
 
Back
Top Bottom