Gone Elsewhere Anthony Gordon

Player has gone somewhere else and this thread will be closed shortly.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indian Bee

Well-known member
Joined
10 Feb 2001
Messages
18,075
Reaction score
22,449
Location
Manhattan

Anthony Gordon

A highly rated left forward for Everton. He needs games under his belt and could well solve our problem on the left side. This probably goes against our policy of getting players on loans but we have previous good relations with Everton with loans and this could suit all parties.
 

Anthony Gordon

would be a great signing , and give him playing time

I am convinced he would do wonders for us. Everton fans rave about him but they have a manager that wants more experience in the starting line up. Half a season with us whom play good football and the right way will only benefit Everton longer term and us short term in filling one area where we need to strengthen - not sure this would happen as it would break our recent policy of no 'incoming' loans but surely it would be worth it if we can finally get to the promised land.
 

Anthony Gordon

He’s a right footed left winger so fits the bill in that respect
 

Anthony Gordon

I know lots of Everton fans locally and they all rate him very highly and cannot understand why Ancelloti does not get him more involved.
 

Anthony Gordon

Seen him on the box a couple of times, last season I think. He's good. Would the drop down work? I don't know.
 

Anthony Gordon

Bournemouth are trying to get him on loan now.
 

Anthony Gordon

blimey, they’re going for it... unless they have some outgoings lined up
Think that Josh King is out of contract in the summer so he may be off for a small fee in Jan i guess......
 

Anthony Gordon

We should be all over Gordon. IMO good enough to start and play a leading role in the second half of the season. A manager like Pochettino would have given him more starts than Ancelotti has to date. I'll be a bit disappointed if he does end up at Bournemouth on loan.
 

Anthony Gordon

We should be all over Gordon. IMO good enough to start and play a leading role in the second half of the season. A manager like Pochettino would have given him more starts than Ancelotti has to date. I'll be a bit disappointed if he does end up at Bournemouth on loan.

Totally agree Indian Bee, a Right footed Left Winger with pace, would fit in with us perfectly. Why we are not all over this I dont know. He has been made available for loan.
 

Anthony Gordon

Totally agree Indian Bee, a Right footed Left Winger with pace, would fit in with us perfectly. Why we are not all over this I dont know. He has been made available for loan.

do you know for certain that we are not all over it? Maybe we are keen. Maybe we are not. I don’t know and neither do you. So I don’t really get the outrage
 

Anthony Gordon

Totally agree Indian Bee, a Right footed Left Winger with pace, would fit in with us perfectly. Why we are not all over this I dont know. He has been made available for loan.

Maybe because we don't want to be ripped off by loan fees. Maybe because we have looked at him and don't think he will fit in or isn't good enough.

Maybe because his wages are high and we don't think he represents value for money on that regard.

Maybe we made a bid and he choose Bournemouth.

Maybe Everton won't deal with us because we always sign the players we loan from them and they are scared of losing him.

Maybe they aren't over the league Cup win the last time we meant.

Maybe he promised his mum he wouldn't move to London because their family have an irrational fear of London.
 

Anthony Gordon

Maybe because we don't want to be ripped off by loan fees. Maybe because we have looked at him and don't think he will fit in or isn't good enough.

Maybe because his wages are high and we don't think he represents value for money on that regard.

Maybe we made a bid and he choose Bournemouth.

Maybe Everton won't deal with us because we always sign the players we loan from them and they are scared of losing him.

Maybe they aren't over the league Cup win the last time we meant.

Maybe he promised his mum he wouldn't move to London because their family have an irrational fear of London.


Or cos we borrowed a promising young winger from them a few years back and broke him
 

Anthony Gordon

Going to Blackburn or Preston, totally gutted with this. Oh well.
 

Anthony Gordon

I'm astonished at the number of clubs who are either buying or loaning, only 3 clubs can get promoted. Rooney has called on his old club for a defensive loan, Swansea have got another in, Preston have got a swap in for Davies, Blackburn are in for Gordon even Boro have got a winger in.
 

Anthony Gordon

Going to Blackburn or Preston, totally gutted with this. Oh well.
Given all that's going on in the country at the moment if this is what makes you totally gutted. Maybe you should reassess your priorities.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Anthony Gordon

Given all that's going on in the country at the moment if this is what makes you totally gutted. Maybe you should reassess your priorities.

Dont bring the two together just a stupid response. What is happening in world is terrible and having a debate takes peoples minds away from the horrible things in the world. My partner had Covid back in April last year and was very ill for three weeks. I gutted on a football side we were never in for Gordon. But with what is happening in the world football doesnt matter. Its a break from worrying about getting the virus or a member of your family.
 

Anthony Gordon


First of all I hope your partner is fully recovered that is the only important thing.

I wouldn't worry about us not signing a player we haven't seen play.

Right now Brentford is a distraction and a welcome one as otherwise I'd be constantly analysing who I've come into contact with during the day at work.

But in a weird way for me it takes the pressure of as quite frankly I'll just be glad when we can go again and life is normal. Hopefully Ill stay that greatful when that happens but I probably won't sadly as I know how my brain works.

There is a potential that we could lose some players in the summer if we don't go up but if we do. We will get serious money for them and be one of the few clubs who can afford to buy new players/ play good wages.

It's only a matter of time before we get promoted. I just hope we can go to games when we do.
 

Anthony Gordon

You dont win promotion for having 'clubs in the bag'. You need the right mix of players, playing in a effective style that they're suited to. And maybe a bit of luck thrown in.

I'm trusting our DoFs will have war games numerous scenarios and they're usually not far wrong. That's good enough for me.

BUFD.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom