Asking for Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimP

Member
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
367
Reaction score
13
Location
Devon

Asking for Trouble

I just wanted to say thanks to the half-dozen of our more "generously-built" supporters who turned up at MK as we kicked off last night and decided to stand in the gangway immediately alongside me. Now I don't know if you chaps have ever been to a football game before, but the one thing that's absolutely guaranteed to attract the attention of our friends in day-glo jackets is folk standing in the gangways. It's an absolute no-no at any ground and something they have to act on.

Fortunately the stewards at MK appear to adopt a rather more conciliatory approach than those at certain other grounds we could name. And yet, despite being asked most courteously if you would please move, you lot blatantly refused. I'm now expecting the arrival of the heavy brigade, and here we go again...another "stewards acting like fascist thugs" thread in the making.

So then you decide that the ultimate solution to everybody's problem is to move into the area of seats that had been cordoned off - so down comes the stripey tape and in you go. That's it I thought...here come the cavalry and I'm right in the firing line. But it appears the MK security oberfuhrer had more common-sense that you lot and decided to let it be. Major diplomatic incident averted.

But why do some of the followers of the beautiful game always find it necessary to challenge anyone in authority? The rules are there for a reason. You might not agree with them, but how does it hurt just to go along with them? If someone asks you politey not to do something and explains the reasons why he's asking, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU INSIST ON DOING EXACTLY THE F*CKING OPPOSITE??!!

There, rant over. And before anybody leaps in, this doesn't mean I'm trying to blame our supporters for either of the incidents at the Valley and GP - I know nothing about either and can't comment. But last night was clearly a case where the stewards did everything right and a few of our "supporters" were entirely in the wrong.
 

Asking for Trouble

:zzzzz: Your mental mate. No room for everyone so moved into a place where there was room simple as that.

We brought more than they thought so they took the cordon down.

Why do people have to make issues out of nothing, it is completely beyond me! Obviously wasn't a problem for the stewards or police was it.


Just cos there were some fattycakeshops there, it doesn't mean they are any different than normal real people :nono:
 

Asking for Trouble

nocoat said:
:zzzzz: Your mental mate. No room for everyone so moved into a place where there was room simple as that.
Plenty of room from where I was standing
We brought more than they thought so they took the cordon down.
Correction - you took the cordon down
Why do people have to make issues out of nothing, it is completely beyond me! Obviously wasn't a problem for the stewards or police was it.
Only because they acted a damn sight more responsibly than you did. It could easily have kicked off... and Brentford would be getting the blame again.
Just cos there were some fattycakeshops there, it doesn't mean they are any different than normal real people :nono:
It's not your size I object to it's your brainless behaviour and the risk you're running with the reputation of my/our football club
 

Asking for Trouble

I agree with you Jim, there was plenty of room and it is only these hooligans flexing their muscles and putting us all in danger. I saw some of them in the pub many hours before the game taking many pints on board and then necking down shorts towards kick off time. I made sure I was miles away from them and concentrated on enjoying the match rather than bending the rules.;) :nono:
 

Asking for Trouble

lol Tis me, the leader of the Alcopop Army :wave: I would need to go on a diet to get in the roly polies you know :rolleyes:
 

Asking for Trouble

Just coz all you lot dont no how to have a good time.
Fair play to you and the other lads no-coat.
Think all you lot getting hyped up should calm down and worry about things closer to home!!!
 

Asking for Trouble

I could have done with some fatties next to me - I was freezing :cry:

(on the point of this thread, frankly if the stewards aren't bothered then I don't think we should be either)
 

Asking for Trouble

thought the stewarding was good last night and MK should be commended.

we weren't forced to sit down, swearing was rife !!!, and if there was a problem they talk to you in a courteous manner and left it at that, trusting the person spoken to took on board there request to either move on, to stop smoking in the seats or to calm it down when swaering. Well done MK (franchise scum!!)
 

Asking for Trouble

Wee Dave said:
(on the point of this thread, frankly if the stewards aren't bothered then I don't think we should be either)
OK, I'll say this one more time then I'm giving up :banghead:

The stewards weren't bothered (eventually) this time. Another time, another place it could all be very different and result in trouble we don't need. That's why we should be bothered.
 

Asking for Trouble

JimP said:
OK, I'll say this one more time then I'm giving up :banghead:

The stewards weren't bothered (eventually) this time. Another time, another place it could all be very different and result in trouble we don't need. That's why we should be bothered.
Do me a faver mate. And shut up, ur really getting boring now. No-one cares. If you was not happy why wernt you the "BIG" man at the time and say something instead of waiting till you get home and putting it on PC.
 

Asking for Trouble

afc_bfc said:
Do me a faver mate. And shut up, ur really getting boring now. No-one cares. If you was not happy why wernt you the "BIG" man at the time and say something instead of waiting till you get home and putting it on PC.
I think JimP has made his point. It's obvious that you don't agree with him. You don't have to drag the thread down with this sort of post :(

I'm sure views are quite polarised on this but let's all keep it civil please :)
 

Asking for Trouble

One day the "proper" fan will reclaim this beautiful game back from the benders.
Benders of rules that is.
 

Asking for Trouble

not to be too serious here, but I agree with JimP.

I almost stopped supporting the Bees 10 years ago, at an away game at Wycombe (my town of Birth incidentally). 3 fut fackers stood up and blocked my view. Me being 15 and skinny at the time didnt say anything, but my Dad did and he got a mouthful of threats and abuse.
They were very very rude and p'ed me off immensely, so much so that I remember it 10 years on.
I really had to consider if I wanted to be a part of a club where fans treat each other that way.
 

Asking for Trouble

:sorted:
JimP said:
I just wanted to say thanks to the half-dozen of our more "generously-built" supporters who turned up at MK as we kicked off last night and decided to stand in the gangway immediately alongside me. Now I don't know if you chaps have ever been to a football game before, but the one thing that's absolutely guaranteed to attract the attention of our friends in day-glo jackets is folk standing in the gangways. It's an absolute no-no at any ground and something they have to act on.

Fortunately the stewards at MK appear to adopt a rather more conciliatory approach than those at certain other grounds we could name. And yet, despite being asked most courteously if you would please move, you lot blatantly refused. I'm now expecting the arrival of the heavy brigade, and here we go again...another "stewards acting like fascist thugs" thread in the making.

So then you decide that the ultimate solution to everybody's problem is to move into the area of seats that had been cordoned off - so down comes the stripey tape and in you go. That's it I thought...here come the cavalry and I'm right in the firing line. But it appears the MK security oberfuhrer had more common-sense that you lot and decided to let it be. Major diplomatic incident averted.

But why do some of the followers of the beautiful game always find it necessary to challenge anyone in authority? The rules are there for a reason. You might not agree with them, but how does it hurt just to go along with them? If someone asks you politey not to do something and explains the reasons why he's asking, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU INSIST ON DOING EXACTLY THE F*CKING OPPOSITE??!!

There, rant over. And before anybody leaps in, this doesn't mean I'm trying to blame our supporters for either of the incidents at the Valley and GP - I know nothing about either and can't comment. But last night was clearly a case where the stewards did everything right and a few of our "supporters" were entirely in the wrong.


there was nowhere else to sit mate! did it spoil your enjoyment of the match? are you old bill, you fattest!?!?!?! :sorted: :sorted:
 

Asking for Trouble

Do you still get nightmares to this day?
 

Asking for Trouble

LboroBee said:
I really had to consider if I wanted to be a part of a club where fans treat each other that way.

Hopefully you've since realised from your trips around the country with BFC that Bees' fans are THE best in the country ? :sorted:

It's unfortunate that the incidient happened at Wycombe and I trust it hasn't occured again since ? :shrug:
 

Asking for Trouble

JimP said:
I just wanted to say thanks to the half-dozen of our more "generously-built" supporters who turned up at MK as we kicked off last night and decided to stand in the gangway immediately alongside me. Now I don't know if you chaps have ever been to a football game before, but the one thing that's absolutely guaranteed to attract the attention of our friends in day-glo jackets is folk standing in the gangways. It's an absolute no-no at any ground and something they have to act on.

Fortunately the stewards at MK appear to adopt a rather more conciliatory approach than those at certain other grounds we could name. And yet, despite being asked most courteously if you would please move, you lot blatantly refused. I'm now expecting the arrival of the heavy brigade, and here we go again...another "stewards acting like fascist thugs" thread in the making.

So then you decide that the ultimate solution to everybody's problem is to move into the area of seats that had been cordoned off - so down comes the stripey tape and in you go. That's it I thought...here come the cavalry and I'm right in the firing line. But it appears the MK security oberfuhrer had more common-sense that you lot and decided to let it be. Major diplomatic incident averted.

But why do some of the followers of the beautiful game always find it necessary to challenge anyone in authority? The rules are there for a reason. You might not agree with them, but how does it hurt just to go along with them? If someone asks you politey not to do something and explains the reasons why he's asking, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU INSIST ON DOING EXACTLY THE F*CKING OPPOSITE??!!

There, rant over. And before anybody leaps in, this doesn't mean I'm trying to blame our supporters for either of the incidents at the Valley and GP - I know nothing about either and can't comment. But last night was clearly a case where the stewards did everything right and a few of our "supporters" were entirely in the wrong.

:rolleyes:

:zzzzz: :zzzzz: :zzzzz:


surely the most boring and pointless post ever written.....congratulations:cool:
 

Asking for Trouble

In all fairness, who in their right mind was going to sit down on soaking wet seats?

I even saw someone draped in a towel!!!:D
 

Asking for Trouble

Greenholme Bee said:
I even saw someone draped in a towel!!!:D

:nono:

Refer to the Porn thread in Chit-Chat re your pre-match "Pub with Ladies" antics !


lol
 

Asking for Trouble

JimP said:
I just wanted to say thanks to the half-dozen of our more "generously-built" supporters who turned up at MK as we kicked off last night and decided to stand in the gangway immediately alongside me. Now I don't know if you chaps have ever been to a football game before, but the one thing that's absolutely guaranteed to attract the attention of our friends in day-glo jackets is folk standing in the gangways. It's an absolute no-no at any ground and something they have to act on.

Fortunately the stewards at MK appear to adopt a rather more conciliatory approach than those at certain other grounds we could name. And yet, despite being asked most courteously if you would please move, you lot blatantly refused. I'm now expecting the arrival of the heavy brigade, and here we go again...another "stewards acting like fascist thugs" thread in the making.

So then you decide that the ultimate solution to everybody's problem is to move into the area of seats that had been cordoned off - so down comes the stripey tape and in you go. That's it I thought...here come the cavalry and I'm right in the firing line. But it appears the MK security oberfuhrer had more common-sense that you lot and decided to let it be. Major diplomatic incident averted.

But why do some of the followers of the beautiful game always find it necessary to challenge anyone in authority? The rules are there for a reason. You might not agree with them, but how does it hurt just to go along with them? If someone asks you politey not to do something and explains the reasons why he's asking, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU INSIST ON DOING EXACTLY THE F*CKING OPPOSITE??!!

There, rant over. And before anybody leaps in, this doesn't mean I'm trying to blame our supporters for either of the incidents at the Valley and GP - I know nothing about either and can't comment. But last night was clearly a case where the stewards did everything right and a few of our "supporters" were entirely in the wrong.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

What a complete plum you are!lol lol

The most pointless post ever. :sorted:

There wasnt enough room FACT! :sorted:

And the stewards were'nt bothered. If they had been we wouldnt have sat there, perhaps you should spend less time on long and useless posts and spend more time getting a life.

P.S Have you ever been to an away match before??:wave: lol
 

Asking for Trouble

Paulo Bee said:
And the stewards were'nt bothered. If they had been we wouldnt have sat there, perhaps you should spend less time on long and useless posts and spend more time getting a life.

P.S Have you ever been to an away match before??:wave: lol
Does this mean you admit to being "generously-built" lol
 

Asking for Trouble

JimP said:
I just wanted to say thanks to the half-dozen of our more "generously-built" supporters who turned up at MK as we kicked off last night and decided to stand in the gangway immediately alongside me. Now I don't know if you chaps have ever been to a football game before, but the one thing that's absolutely guaranteed to attract the attention of our friends in day-glo jackets is folk standing in the gangways. It's an absolute no-no at any ground and something they have to act on.

Fortunately the stewards at MK appear to adopt a rather more conciliatory approach than those at certain other grounds we could name. And yet, despite being asked most courteously if you would please move, you lot blatantly refused. I'm now expecting the arrival of the heavy brigade, and here we go again...another "stewards acting like fascist thugs" thread in the making.

So then you decide that the ultimate solution to everybody's problem is to move into the area of seats that had been cordoned off - so down comes the stripey tape and in you go. That's it I thought...here come the cavalry and I'm right in the firing line. But it appears the MK security oberfuhrer had more common-sense that you lot and decided to let it be. Major diplomatic incident averted.

But why do some of the followers of the beautiful game always find it necessary to challenge anyone in authority? The rules are there for a reason. You might not agree with them, but how does it hurt just to go along with them? If someone asks you politey not to do something and explains the reasons why he's asking, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU INSIST ON DOING EXACTLY THE F*CKING OPPOSITE??!!

There, rant over. And before anybody leaps in, this doesn't mean I'm trying to blame our supporters for either of the incidents at the Valley and GP - I know nothing about either and can't comment. But last night was clearly a case where the stewards did everything right and a few of our "supporters" were entirely in the wrong.

Fair Point Jim P I understand what you are trying to say, did you get any photos of these fat hoolies?then i can get these sent to BFC and get these louts banned for life we dont need these hardcore tape cutting hollies at our club Morons the lot of em.
 

Asking for Trouble

JimP said:
I just wanted to say thanks to the half-dozen of our more "generously-built" supporters who turned up at MK as we kicked off last night and decided to stand in the gangway immediately alongside me. Now I don't know if you chaps have ever been to a football game before, but the one thing that's absolutely guaranteed to attract the attention of our friends in day-glo jackets is folk standing in the gangways. It's an absolute no-no at any ground and something they have to act on.

Fortunately the stewards at MK appear to adopt a rather more conciliatory approach than those at certain other grounds we could name. And yet, despite being asked most courteously if you would please move, you lot blatantly refused. I'm now expecting the arrival of the heavy brigade, and here we go again...another "stewards acting like fascist thugs" thread in the making.

So then you decide that the ultimate solution to everybody's problem is to move into the area of seats that had been cordoned off - so down comes the stripey tape and in you go. That's it I thought...here come the cavalry and I'm right in the firing line. But it appears the MK security oberfuhrer had more common-sense that you lot and decided to let it be. Major diplomatic incident averted.

But why do some of the followers of the beautiful game always find it necessary to challenge anyone in authority? The rules are there for a reason. You might not agree with them, but how does it hurt just to go along with them? If someone asks you politey not to do something and explains the reasons why he's asking, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU INSIST ON DOING EXACTLY THE F*CKING OPPOSITE??!!

There, rant over. And before anybody leaps in, this doesn't mean I'm trying to blame our supporters for either of the incidents at the Valley and GP - I know nothing about either and can't comment. But last night was clearly a case where the stewards did everything right and a few of our "supporters" were entirely in the wrong.


one of them was SHOUTING as well!!! how am i meant to get any sleep at away games with this kind of behaviour. :computer: :computer: :computer: :computer:
 

Asking for Trouble

Did one of the perpetrators have a strange growth on his chin? And was another one wearing a threadbare suit jacket? :suspect: ;)
 

Asking for Trouble

:D

The thing is this should have been a GOOD thing as it meant the fatties were not blocking JimP's view :confused:
 

Asking for Trouble

blessed are the fat, for they shall inherit the earth :fishing:
 

Asking for Trouble

Sad.

Some of our fans serially act like arrogant, confrontational bastards and...well, that's part of the fun of going away. Hey, why don't you shut up JimP 'cause we got away with it this time? Lovely logic.

Being an idiot isn't clever or funny and it makes the whole club look bad. But hell, if you enjoyed largin' it, who are we to say you're wrong.

Makes me less sympathetic to the treatment we got at Charlton. Just didn't get away with it that time, right? Part of the fun of going away. But if some zealous stewards cave your heads in, don't give me your tears.
 

Asking for Trouble

Bee H said:
Hopefully you've since realised from your trips around the country with BFC that Bees' fans are THE best in the country ? :sorted:

It's unfortunate that the incidient happened at Wycombe and I trust it hasn't occured again since ? :shrug:

of course, ST holder many a year, the good fans have far far outweighed the bad :D
 

Asking for Trouble

Boston Bee said:
Sad.

Some of our fans serially act like arrogant, confrontational bastards and...well, that's part of the fun of going away. Hey, why don't you shut up JimP 'cause we got away with it this time? Lovely logic.

Being an idiot isn't clever or funny and it makes the whole club look bad. But hell, if you enjoyed largin' it, who are we to say you're wrong.

Makes me less sympathetic to the treatment we got at Charlton. Just didn't get away with it that time, right? Part of the fun of going away. But if some zealous stewards cave your heads in, don't give me your tears.


Boston, I can categorically state that JimP is making a mountain out of a molehill on this occasion.

There was nowhere else to sit - FACT
No one was blocking others view - FACT
The stewards never said a word or look bothered - FACT
JimP is making assumptions about the sort of people he is writing about just because they were fattycakeshops with skinheads - FACT


:wave:
 

Asking for Trouble

nocoat said:
Boston, you know me and I can state that JimP is making a mountain out of a molehill on this occasion.

There was nowhere else to sit - FACT
No one was blocking others view - FACT
The stewards never said a word or look bothered - FACT
JimP is making assumptions just because there were some fattycakeshops with skinheads - FACT


:wave:

Your worse than Mutton nocoat. :nono:

Bringing shame on the good name of brentford. :sorted:

:wave:
 

Asking for Trouble

Boston Bee said:
Sad.

Some of our fans serially act like arrogant, confrontational bastards and...well, that's part of the fun of going away. Hey, why don't you shut up JimP 'cause we got away with it this time? Lovely logic.

Being an idiot isn't clever or funny and it makes the whole club look bad. But hell, if you enjoyed largin' it, who are we to say you're wrong.

Makes me less sympathetic to the treatment we got at Charlton. Just didn't get away with it that time, right? Part of the fun of going away. But if some zealous stewards cave your heads in, don't give me your tears.

We did nothing wrong. FACT

If we had there would have been confontation with the stewards. FACT

There wasnt as they said "we didnt think you we're bringing this many". FACT

End of.

What two posts of complete and utter dross.lol
 

Asking for Trouble

Inappropriate Smilies Bee said:
blessed are the fat, for they shall inherit the earth :fishing:


Not if I've already eaten it they wont! :)
 

Asking for Trouble

JIm P don't talk sense on here mate, there'll never understand you.:nono:
 

Asking for Trouble

What ARE you on about.

Why do people continually only read what they want to read and ignore other perfectly valid points? :scratch:


If you belive what PauloBee and I say why are you writing that. If you don't then please just call us liars, then least your post would make sense! :wave:
 

Asking for Trouble

nocoat said:
What ARE you on about.

Why do people continually only read what they want to read and ignore other perfectly valid points? :scratch:


If you belive what PauloBee and I say why are you writing that. If you don't then please just call us liars, then least your post would make sense! :wave:

Liar.
 

Asking for Trouble

You left off the `s` :rolleyes: :fishing:
 

Asking for Trouble

I moved seats at half time, (to the far right of the stand 1 row from the back) because there was no space where I was before. People who wanted to sit during the game were doing so towards the front of the stand, the stweards did not care - so whats the problem? :shrug: If anything it was safer to move there than to cram loads of fattys into a small area
 

Asking for Trouble

The Walrus said:
so whats the problem? :shrug:

It's seems its only JimP that has a problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom