Nick Hester
Formerly known as Greenholme Bee
Attendances in Division Two
On Saturday half of the games in the basement were under 3,000, is this some sort of record?
On Saturday half of the games in the basement were under 3,000, is this some sort of record?
On Saturday half of the games in the basement were under 3,000, is this some sort of record?


Bring the conference into the FL and regionalize League Two.

And league one.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
On Saturday half of the games in the basement were under 3,000, is this some sort of record?
Not sure why this helps clubs survive. If you look at away attendances, both ours and those at GP, I wouldn't say that geography is much of a factor except when you get a real local derby and regionalising the divisions won't make much of a change there. I think it would lead to increased stagnation (same opponents year in year out) and reduced interest in the game.
Ed, sorry I forgot, you're always correct, I must remember my place....
Not sure why this helps clubs survive. If you look at away attendances, both ours and those at GP, I wouldn't say that geography is much of a factor except when you get a real local derby and regionalising the divisions won't make much of a change there. I think it would lead to increased stagnation (same opponents year in year out) and reduced interest in the game.
Ed, sorry I forgot, you're always correct, I must remember my place....
You now have a fair few clubs that have come up from the conference which have for the main part of their history have been non-league with crowds well below 2K being the previous norm. Such as Boston, Barnet, Macclesfield, Accrington & Hereford. Therefore anything nearing 3K for any of these clubs is a considerable increase to what they used to get in recent history whilst in non league and could therefore be seen as a improvement.![]()