Frothybaby
Active member
- Joined
- 3 Sep 2013
- Messages
- 3,069
- Reaction score
- 1,453
B-Team Production
I was wondering at what point this idea becomes successful, if it isn't already. There is the Rob Rowan debut board but is that enough to be a success. When you look at the list of debuts (I think 19) the obvious success is Mepham. Not just for the games played (started) but also the money it brought in. If that money goes towards this project, then it will be a while before it runs out. However I don't think it can be used specifically for that.
Of those debuts the ones that are no longer with the club, I think Zain Westbrooke is the only player doing well. (I don't know how the Greek lad, Ilias, is doing). We do seem to be getting more consistency from those still here:
played
Patrik Gunnarsson 3 (1)
Chris Mepham 42 (6)
Mads Bech Sorensen 10 (2)
Luca Racic 7 (2)
Mads Roerslev 6 (6)
Jan Zamburek 4 (14)
Marcus Forss 4 (8)
I think that's it. I haven't included Oksanen and Hammer.
Of those, they should all have a career in football, a financial return on the investment, or game time for us. If we get promoted, you would think the level of ability we will need has to improve. If we don't get promoted, I would imagine nearly all of our first team would be on some teams wish list. So, that would be the best chance for those listed above to make a Mepham like contribution. (You wonder how many games he would have got, if not for the lack of first team defenders). Otherwise, they will go to other teams/leagues hopefully with a sell on clause.
It may be that the 31 (ignoring Mepham) first team starts is good enough from those listed above. I guess there needs to be a turnover and the B-team provides opportunity and cover. Of those listed above the obvious potential for Brentford first team starts of 25+ is Racic, Roeslev and possibly Zamburek and Forss, as long as the opportunities are forthcoming. I thought Brisset and Onen would make it, but no. Of those left in the Bteam I have heard promising things about Shepperd, O'Conner, Read, Adams and Mogenson. We will never know for sure, but it seems like a far more positive and successful option than the Academy (especially with prospect being pilfered .
I believe it's a good thing for the club. But if it doesn't produce a Mepham a season, or every 2-3 seasons, is it enough? Is 31 starts enough of a success?
Of those debuts the ones that are no longer with the club, I think Zain Westbrooke is the only player doing well. (I don't know how the Greek lad, Ilias, is doing). We do seem to be getting more consistency from those still here:
played
Patrik Gunnarsson 3 (1)
Chris Mepham 42 (6)
Mads Bech Sorensen 10 (2)
Luca Racic 7 (2)
Mads Roerslev 6 (6)
Jan Zamburek 4 (14)
Marcus Forss 4 (8)
I think that's it. I haven't included Oksanen and Hammer.
Of those, they should all have a career in football, a financial return on the investment, or game time for us. If we get promoted, you would think the level of ability we will need has to improve. If we don't get promoted, I would imagine nearly all of our first team would be on some teams wish list. So, that would be the best chance for those listed above to make a Mepham like contribution. (You wonder how many games he would have got, if not for the lack of first team defenders). Otherwise, they will go to other teams/leagues hopefully with a sell on clause.
It may be that the 31 (ignoring Mepham) first team starts is good enough from those listed above. I guess there needs to be a turnover and the B-team provides opportunity and cover. Of those listed above the obvious potential for Brentford first team starts of 25+ is Racic, Roeslev and possibly Zamburek and Forss, as long as the opportunities are forthcoming. I thought Brisset and Onen would make it, but no. Of those left in the Bteam I have heard promising things about Shepperd, O'Conner, Read, Adams and Mogenson. We will never know for sure, but it seems like a far more positive and successful option than the Academy (especially with prospect being pilfered .
I believe it's a good thing for the club. But if it doesn't produce a Mepham a season, or every 2-3 seasons, is it enough? Is 31 starts enough of a success?