Back the Bees - the launch

Back the Bees - the launch

Beebop said:
Joe
there are generally only two people who speak regularly on behalf of BU,yourself and Brian Burgess.
From abee's quote of the Chronicle:
"whilst two separate sources close to the club"

Now you know BU and BFC are two seperate entities don't you...........
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Banana said:
From abee's quote of the Chronicle:
"whilst two separate sources close to the club"

Now you know BU and BFC are two seperate entities don't you...........

Of course but does the Chronny :)
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Abee - We speak as one

I am sick to death of the continuing mess that gets associated with everything that the People who Care do -

Joe, find out who made the statements (If you do not know already) and let me know via a PM - I will have plenty to say to them, in person, when I arrive in the UK on June 28th.

Enogh is enough
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee said:
Yes but if your reaction and post in response to the Chronny article is typical of the way that Bees United is gonna run the club from October 1 2005 then I suggest that you wave goodbye to the small group of "wealthy investors"........ :)

Can you not just say for once :-

"Yes. I saw those comments in the Chronny and I was bloody furious.Things have got to change."


abee/beebop

These are two unattributed quotes in the article by Tim Street, reportedly from sources close to the club.

I have not participated in the Chronicle report or spoken with Tim Street.

In my experience, Quotes such as these are in response to questioning from the reporter - such as 'Is the September deadline realistic and achievable'. I expect the reporter would want to know what will happen if the deadline is not met or if the option is not in fact taken up - would that mean, for instance, that Griffin Park had to be sold.

Similiar questions were asked and answered at the recent BU forum. Bees United stance on these issues has always been to present such facts that are known as they are, good or bad, without embellishment or scaremongering.

Newpaper reports are invariably a snapshot of converations and while I don't know who this conversation was with or what topics were covered, I can surmise from the quotes what the reporter is getting at, as I expect will many other readers of the report.

The overall impession is a positive one and when such difficulties arise with truncated press reporting, than I am sure they will be corrected as the campaign gathers pace.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
abee/beebop

These are two unattributed quotes in the article by Tim Street, reportedly from sources close to the club.

I have not participated in the Chronicle report or spoken with Tim Street.

Thanks very much Joe,my mind is now at rest (at the moment) :)
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
abee/beebop

These are two unattributed quotes in the article by Tim Street, reportedly from sources close to the club.

Tim makes it absolutely clear that the source was from close to the Club and not Bees United. I know that it was not you Joe but maybe Bees United should show a little more interest in who made the statement and for what reason.

Why in any event is a "source close to the club" commenting on the campaign and suggesting that we "shouldn't take the September 30 deadline seriously" in the first place when there was some suggestion this week that Brentford Football Club could not even refer to the campaign on its website for legal reasons. Why were any questions from the Chronny regarding the deadline not just referred on to Bees United.

Why Joe do you believe that the "source" did not wish to be named........I have no time for this "a friend of Posh Spice said......." style. The person talking to Tim knew that they were throwing a spanner in the works and sewing a seed of doubt on the urgency of the appeal in the same week that the campaign was launched and you may care to ask whether there is another agenda here.

Now if the opinions expressed by the "source" were bona-fide and the views held by the "source" are to his mind valid then I ask again why did he ask that the quotes be "non-attributable".

Smell the coffee Joe.

:wave:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Those rosy statements quoted by Tim Street sort of paint the same happy picture I saw in The Chronicle at the end of last year.

John McGlashan's back page headline in The Chronicle Dec 30th 2004; "McGLASHAN: WE ARE NOT FACING OBLIVION".....Brentford director says axe will not fall on the club come May, despite the doomsayers."

The first paragraph states that J McG. has said that the club have a bank willing to discuss re-financing the club, but they need to make in-roads into the overdraft first.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say......but The Chronicle sometimes seems to spout happy news which give the impression that there is no real problem concerning Brentford's future. :confused: There just always appears to be mixed messages coming from different sources about what sort of financial mire we are in. At least in 1967 there appeared to be a real and distinct threat to Brentford FC....and heroes rescued us! Why do I get the feeling that at the moment we have just not hit that level of despair?
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Beebop said:
Joe
there are generally only two people who speak regularly on behalf of BU,yourself and Brian Burgess.Now you have come on here with a possible explanation of the Chronicle's quotes,which raises,at least my suspicions.Please confirm that you are not the mystery source or at least say you have been quoted out of context. :(

Joe's clarification narrows the field... my money's on Graham Hall. :fishing: ;)
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee said:
And Tim Street tells us that "There were some positive noises coming out of Bees United this week whilst two separate sources close to the club have told me : a) "I wouldn't worry too much about deadlines like the end of September" and b) Even if the option is not taken up, the club is now a very attractive prospect to potential buyers"
(

These of course have been two seperate sources referring to only one of a) or b).
b) suggests a possible other buyer, and although this is always conceivable it would not necessarily be a "white knight". It could be someone who has recently come into a large cash sum, who has an already good working knowledege of the position of BFC and might like to work with someone close to the club to buy it. :idea:
Now who recently was part of the sharholding in a company recently sold that has also had recent dealings with BFC? ;)
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Gee Bee said:
These of course have been two seperate sources referring to only one of a) or b).
b) suggests a possible other buyer, and although this is always conceivable it would not necessarily be a "white knight". It could be someone who has recently come into a large cash sum, who has an already good working knowledege of the position of BFC and might like to work with someone close to the club to buy it. :idea:
Now who recently was part of the sharholding in a company recently sold that has also had recent dealings with BFC? ;)
b) could also be someone boasting about what a fantastic job BU has done in making the club financial viable and therefore a better company to purchase. :rolleyes:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Gee Bee, Is there something on your mind?

Gee Bee said:
These of course have been two seperate sources referring to only one of a) or b).
b) suggests a possible other buyer, and although this is always conceivable it would not necessarily be a "white knight". It could be someone who has recently come into a large cash sum, who has an already good working knowledege of the position of BFC and might like to work with someone close to the club to buy it. :idea:
Now who recently was part of the sharholding in a company recently sold that has also had recent dealings with BFC? ;)

Gee Bee said:
I asssume that the time is now right for DW to be adding some funds to the £1m appeal. :cool:

Also his mates from C&M have some spare cash floating from the sale of their company. They have had some connection with BFC, so maybe they may be interested in assisting towards the sum required. :idea:

Gee Bee said:
I agree, it probably won't happen under BU ownership if ever at all. Unless other individuals with personal agenda's get involved and deal directly with Altonwood, take over GP and move us out. I still think this is more likely and we should beware. :wave:

Gee Bee said:
I have this odd feeling that something is brewing behind the back door, Fosters perhaps? ;) which may see the end to JM & BU as we know it? :fishing:

Gee Bee said:
Agreed, but if they at first came in as a White Knight in disguise, due to some very good public relations by a well known cohort. Could we be duped again. Lets face it Noades was at first thought to be a White Knight. :fishing:

Gee Bee said:
Could any of the guys who have made huge windfall now be interested in BFC now that they have readies in their pocket and know the complete background of the situation. :fishing:
Should BU be wary, or maybe they wouldn't need to give 4X about it. :wave:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Gee Bee, Is there something on your mind?

I doubt it Joe, we're all :bound: about the great news that 30th September and raising money is one big bluff, our Directors have told us not to worry about it ! Great news isn't it Joe !
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Banana said:
b) could also be someone boasting about what a fantastic job BU has done in making the club financial viable and therefore a better company to purchase. :rolleyes:

Banana, do you mean like these?

Ace Face said:
My worry is this.

BFC has a very good cup run and we produce a £250k profit (after bank charges etc). Ronald thinks :idea: "hold on a minute I have a company hear which made a profit, I might be able to get a property speculator to buy it for £150k instead of the £1 BU option in May". Especially if the GP PA gets through and the Princess Royal does very well.

Boston Bee said:
I worry that Ace (post 31) could be right, in that a suddenly profitable year could bring forward a nieve speculator thinking of a go at Champs Manager or a property developer previously leery of our loss-making. I wouldn't put it past the SP to sell us down the river without flinching.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

The 'BU' is our safest option defense team in full effect rofl John Mac must be so proud of you Joe :wave:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Bee H said:
I doubt it Joe, we're all :bound: about the great news that 30th September and raising money is one big bluff, our Directors have told us not to worry about it ! Great news isn't it Joe !


Bee H,

What do you make of this posting? Were you able to help with pointing Streeboy in the right direction?

Streetboy said:
Happy to, but I'm not too proud to ask for the help of those 'in the know'.
For example, who exactly is in charge of what at GP now and what questions should be asked of whom... new chief exec? Callen? Burgess? Rogers?
We (Chron) did an in-depth interview with John Mac at the turn of the year getting him to explain exactly what the club's financial situation was, and what the scenario come the end of the Altonwood option would be.
Next thing I know, John Mac is relegated to a brief of 'sorting out a new stadium' or whatever, and, well, is his opinion valid anymore?
Seriously, I know its my job to ask the questions, but if any of the abees, BeeHs, Brickie Chaps, or anyone else can point me in the right direction I would be more than happy.
BTW Nurse, last time we printed a story critical of the boarde we got acused of scaremongering!
Please feel free to post here, PM or email me with any suggestions of questions which should be asked and of whom.
:sorted:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Banana, do you mean like these?
Yep! I really think that The Chronicle would be scraping quotes off the GPG and attributing them as "sources close to the club"* :rolleyes:

*The GPG is 4689 miles from the club
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Gee Bee, Is there something on your mind?

In a word, yes!! :sorted:

We all seem to be looking at the raising a million, getting the correct board in place and generally debating the BU option issue. When there just might be something lurking in the background with another potential buyer, who could quite easily already speaking with Altonwood. So while we have our eyes focused on one ball, it might turn out to be the wrong one. :idea: After all a "source close to the club" has also stated as much to the press. ;)
I'm just hope that BU have all bases are covered. :cool:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Brickie Chap said:
The 'BU' is our safest option defense team in full effect rofl John Mac must be so proud of you Joe :wave:


Brickie,

The BU programme is the only workable option I am aware of at present. Should, for some reason. that not prove successful, then the trust will need to regroup and consider its position post September.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Bee H,

What do you make of this posting? Were you able to help with pointing Streeboy in the right direction?

If you are suggesting Joe that I have been involved then I am really getting hacked off........

For the record I have never met, spoken with or communicated with Streetboy. I know that he writes for the Chronny but I have no idea what he looks like or where he sits at Griffin Park. He has never attempted to speak with me and your post is one of the reasons that I have been keeping my PM/email facility switched off until fairly recently.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee said:
For the record I have never met, spoken with or communicated with Streetboy. I know that he writes for the Chronny but I have no idea what he looks like or where he sits at Griffin Park. He has never attempted to speak with me

Snap ! :sorted:

Joe, did you answer Streetboy's question re who's in charge or is it that shambolic within the marbled corridors of dear ol' GP at the mo ???
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Brickie,

The BU programme is the only workable option I am aware of at present. Should, for some reason. that not prove successful, then the trust will need to regroup and consider its position post September.



Lets hope Ron doesnt mind waiting
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Bee H said:
Snap ! :sorted:

Joe, did you answer Streetboy's question re who's in charge or is it that shambolic within the marbled corridors of dear ol' GP at the mo ???

If I read Joe's post correctly then he is suggesting (presumably on behalf of Bees United) that either abee, Bee H or Brickie Chap could have been the root source for Tim Street's story in last Thursdays Chronicle.

I have already posted that I have never ever communicated with Tim Street and that in my opinion Tim would be doing all of us a favour if he named his source and that if the comments in the column are valid why would the source insist on remaining "non attributable".

To suggest that I could in anyway be described as " a source close to BFC" is laughable.

I loathe them as much as they (I hope) loathe me.

If this is the start of new Bees United tactics then Noades will be proud of them......... :(
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Hold on there, fella'. Don't misinterpret my words.

What is the relationship between the thought that someone in the BFC admin might be boasting about "what a fantastic job BU has done" at us breaking even this last season, which I don't doubt they almost to-a-man are taking credit for, and the concern that a one-off "profitable year could bring forward a nieve speculator thinking of a go at Championship Manager or a property developer previously leery of our loss-making."?

I'm aware as the next person that our situation is dire, agree with those that wonder what was going through the minds of those, as always, unnamed BFC sources that said we're fine and that the money isn't really necessary. It's like they try to sabotage their own efforts.

Do I think it's possible that someone with more money than sense could come take us over? Of course, there's plenty of precedence for it. And all BU's hard work would be for NOTHING. Who would I blame for the supporters being put back in their "thick pratts" pens? Probably the above unnamed sources.




JoeBourke said:
Banana, do you mean like these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana in relation to the Street article
b) could also be someone boasting about what a fantastic job BU has done in making the club financial viable and therefore a better company to purchase.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bee, in an entirely unrelated thread
I worry that Ace (post 31) could be right, in that a suddenly profitable year could bring forward a nieve speculator thinking of a go at Champs Manager or a property developer previously leery of our loss-making. I wouldn't put it past the SP to sell us down the river without flinching.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Gee Bee said:
In a word, yes!! :sorted:

We all seem to be looking at the raising a million, getting the correct board in place and generally debating the BU option issue. When there just might be something lurking in the background with another potential buyer, who could quite easily already speaking with Altonwood. So while we have our eyes focused on one ball, it might turn out to be the wrong one. :idea: After all a "source close to the club" has also stated as much to the press. ;)
I'm just hope that BU have all bases are covered. :cool:


Gee Bee,

I guess that's true but not really a change of position. The existing option which has been extended through to 30 September 2005 requires the release of the Altonwood and RN personal guarantees and the repayment of a £250k loan. The option does not preclude Altonwood from talking with other parties or the sale of the shares to a third party during that time, with the rights and obligations of the option transferring to a third party. Bees United are not proposing to meet the current option terms in full, but negotiate a compromise agreement.

There was, I believe, an inquiry from an Egyptian club in 2003 but nothing came of it and there may be interest forthcoming between now and September. Inquiries are not uncommon with many indebted clubs. I understand that QPR dealt with 30 approaches before actually securing their first bona fide investor.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee said:
If I read Joe's post correctly then he is suggesting (presumably on behalf of Bees United) that either abee, Bee H or Brickie Chap could have been the root source for Tim Street's story in last Thursdays Chronicle.

I have already posted that I have never ever communicated with Tim Street and that in my opinion Tim would be doing all of us a favour if he named his source and that if the comments in the column are valid why would the source insist on remaining "non attributable".

To suggest that I could in anyway be described as " a source close to BFC" is laughable.

I loathe them as much as they (I hope) loathe me.

If this is the start of new Bees United tactics then Noades will be proud of them......... :(


It wasnt me either
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee/Boston,

There is no such suggestion. It is pointing out that it a common refrain expressed by several fans on more than one occassion and again on this thread from Gee Bee. That the Chronicle sports editor is free to quote souces of his own choosing, is not in question - Sources close to the club does not usually refer to club officials or staff but to associates or fans close to the club.

When and if Bees united make statements it will be through BU channels.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Sources close to the club does not usually refer to club officials or staff but to associates or fans close to the club..
rofl rofl rofl
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
When and if Bees united make statements it will be through BU channels.



So you're gagging John Mac from speaking to his inner circle :sorted:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

lol

If there is a 'leakier' organisation in history than BU and/or BFC I've yet to hear about it. Everything they do is disseminated in a pub before the week's out so that most know about it months before they 'should'. Even the most non-ITK people get most info before it's out officially.

Which is fine, though it would be nice if it was made unnecessary by BU actually communicating with the supporters. Then we wouldn't rely on 'sources' so frequently. It's easy, see? :wave:




JoeBourke said:
abee/Boston,

There is no such suggestion. It is pointing out that it a common refrain expressed by several fans on more than one occassion and again on this thread from Gee Bee. That the Chronicle sports editor is free to quote souces of his own choosing, is not in question - Sources close to the club does not usually refer to club officials or staff but to associates or fans close to the club.

When and if Bees united make statements it will be through BU channels.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Brickie Chap said:
So you're gagging John Mac from speaking to his inner circle :sorted:

And DW speaking to his. ;)
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Brickie Chap said:
DW is not BU :owusu:

Still has his inner circle of "sources". :owusu:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Where's matey from the chronny then? Is it Streetboy or am I confused?

He once told me, in response to me posting that I and others just don't believe the club is going to die...


Quote:
'Brentford RIP'? people just don't believe it anymore.


Do you reckon they will believe it when it happens in front of their very eyes?

Maybe then even the 'desensitised' will see what made true BFC people like PJ and Chappers quit BU and the club respectively out of exasperation...

Bit odd then that he'd go on and scupper fund raising plans by broadcasting "no problem like" from the chronicle.

If I'm wrong then my apologies.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Seems like he was just reporting what he'd been told as opposed to his airing his own personal feelings perhaps ? :shrug:

Either way, he needs to name the source imho ! :yes:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Well, except that the source wanted to remain that and it wouldn't be particularly ethical or a good career move for him to grass him/her now. Will almost certainly have to gain this from the person honourably stepping forward.

...did I just see swine sail by? :rolleyes:

Bee H said:
Either way, he needs to name the source imho ! :yes:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Boston Bee said:
Well, except that the source wanted to remain that and it wouldn't be particularly ethical or a good career move for him to grass him/her now. Will almost certainly have to gain this from the person honourably stepping forward.

...did I just see swine sail by? :rolleyes:

Openness and transparency :shrug:

Perhaps a few need to re-visit the Supporters Trust guidelines ! :rolleyes:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

:confused:
That's not Tim Street's responsibility, it is BUs. All I suggested is that it won't do to ask a reporter to name his source, and shouldn't really even be requested.

Bee H said:
Openness and transparency :shrug:

Perhaps a few need to re-visit the Supporters Trust guidelines ! :rolleyes:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Boston Bee said:
:confused:
That's not Tim Street's responsibility, it is BUs. All I suggested is that it won't do to ask a reporter to name his source, and shouldn't really even be requested.

I do appreciate that Boston but surely enough is enough, the Bees have scored more own goals off the pitch than MA's heroes have scored on it ! If simpletons are still sending out totally the wrong message as has occured in the Chronny, then they need to be outed immediately !

We're told that this £1m campaign is the last opportunity, it really doesn't seem like it by the absence of letters/e-mails etc.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Carri Bee Un said:
Where's matey from the chronny then? Is it Streetboy or am I confused?

He once told me, in response to me posting that I and others just don't believe the club is going to die...


Quote:
'Brentford RIP'? people just don't believe it anymore.




Bit odd then that he'd go on and scupper fund raising plans by broadcasting "no problem like" from the chronicle.

If I'm wrong then my apologies.


Carri Bee Un, you are probably outside the Chronicles circulation area down there in Melbourne, so I'll desrcibe the coverage for you:

The main feature on the back page is transfer news covering about 2/3rds of the page with the Newman signing and the speculation about the return of Owusu and arrival of Brooker from Reading.

The botton third of the page has an article by Tim Street headlined 'Spirit of '67 boosts Bees United's bid'. Tim includes a picture of former club president Walter Wheatley and reports on the £250k pledged by the company he set up. Tim says that the campaign was not going as well as hoped until this announcement and later goes onto say that one problem the trust face is that some fans have refused to donate any cash until there are changes to the current board, who were responsible for overseeing the Southampton and Hinckley FA cup ticket fiascos last season, as well as allowing the Alistair
Hill website statement which tarnished the reputation of Bees Fans. Tim then quotes Chris Scott as saying "The Back the Bees campaign is not a referendum on the current management, but poses the fundamental question of do we want our club run by an accountable, democratic trust or do we want to take our chances with whoever the next buyer might be? The final paragraph is a notice about Andy Smith's fundraising London to Brighton cycle Ride.

On the Inside Back page there are three articles and an opinion column.

The main article features the departure of Stephen Hunt from the club. There is a short piece on the announcement that the Gillette site was under consideration as a potential stadium site and the final piece includes a discussion with BFC Director Doug White on the refurbishing and planned improvements to Griffin Park.

The opionion column is mostly taken up (about 3/4) with the Bees United Chairman, Brian Burgess, speaking about the launch of the 'Back the Bees Campaign' and includes an acknowledgement of the major contribution of the Wheatley family.

Tucked away at the bottom of the Bees United column is a small piece from Chronicle sports editor Tim Street headline 'See you all in three weeks' that reads as follows:
Well, off I go to New Zealand for three weeks, where I will be following the fortunes of the British Lions as they aim to put one over on the All Blacks for the first time since 1971.
And I must say, I will be getting on that plane feeling just a little bit more relaxed about Brentford's situation than I was last week.
There were some positive noises coming out of Bees United this week, while two separate sources close to the club have told me: a)' I wouldn't worry too much about deadlines like the end of September'... and b) 'Even if the option is not taken up, the club is now a very attractive prospect to potential buyers'. Good news or blind optimism? We'll see. See you all in three week's time.

Inside the paper there is an article headlined 'Free football for the holidays' coaching for boys and girls - covering Lee Doyle's Football in the Community program for housing estates across the borough.

Overall I thought the coverage was balanced with no more than a healthy degree of journalistic scepticism, but I leave you to make your own asessment and draw your own conclusions.
 
Last edited:

Back the Bees - the launch

Well, the admin of BFC really couldn't have done a better job of scuppering this 'last hope' could they. :suspect:


Bee H said:
We're told that this £1m campaign is the last opportunity, it really doesn't seem like it by the absence of letters/e-mails etc.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

How about telling the world my bum is for sale?

Then have a 'gay world tournament' at Griffin Park.

£100 per ticket.

Unlike Geldof I'll do it for Brentford.F.C.
P.L.C. and not for the fame.
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee said:
As a very wise man (me actually...... :) ) once said :-

"You can rely on Brentford. There'll always let you down".

So we have the week of the launch. Bees United with Chris Scott and Rod Gowers busting their collective and individual balls,a decent puff in the Chronny with Tim Street reviving the "Spirit of '67" and a statement from Brian Burgess under the Bees United banner.
(

Joe, I did point out in slightly fewer words than you....... :sorted: .......that the launch had good coverage in the Chronny last Thursday..

I happened to believe that our famous source "close to BFC" could have kept his mouth shut for this one or at least be a man and allow his comments to be attributed. It was not a casual fan who Tim Street phoned, listened to and given the position of the "source" decided to give some publicity to his opinions on the back page of the Chronny.........

The comments from our "source" seemed unnecessary to me particularly in launch week and do you ever wonder why the average fan is pretty darned confused about what is going on. What exactly have we done to deserve this. All of us just set out to watch the footy.......no one ever started supporting a footy club 'cos they had bags of spare time to sort out the problems created and then bequeathed by people who betrayed and then forfeited the trust of the supporters. In the past several years dear old Brentford Football Club has seen its debt go from just about zero to £7million,been threatened with moves to Woking and Kingsmeadow.......(we would be there now if the current chairman had had his way)......a groundshare at Loftus Road.......squabbling over the future of Griffin Park with a tightly run race to see who could be the first to fall over their feet getting the S106 conditions relaxed. We then have the "two" property companies who are interested in the development of Griffin Park (one of which submitted proposals in writing) and both of whom are currently checking the price of "cement futures"........Lionel Road was "in the bag" and was gonna be five years from 2002......I know 'cos when I was exploring a re-financing back in the summer of 2002 it was a 2007 exit that we were all talking about. We then found three additional sites for a full bells and whistles stadium and available in the Borough (which were announced with a fanfare and disappeared with a whimper) and then in January Eddie Rogers announced the new "exciting proposal" for a new stadium site which turns out to be Gillette.

But wait gentle supporter......"have we got news for you".......Bees United can exercise the option by drumming up a million quid or a bit less in a few months and that will get rid of Noades once and for all........well at least until we have to pay his residual seven figure loan back in what three years time.

And all of this time our "chosen representatives" on the board of BFC who couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag started to believe their own publicity and dragged the club from shambles to shambles.

Is it any wonder that there is cynicism out there Joe......???

Not a dig at you mate. If you and Brian Burgess were on the BFC board and some of the present incumbents had taken "early retirement" then I suggest to you that the cheque books would have been opened already.
 
Last edited:

Back the Bees - the launch

Don't forget that the SRA have sold Lionel Road to chancerygate so :wave:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

PJ said:
This has been the case for ages Banana. Suppose it depends on how discussions are going with CG.
According to the link below talks are "ongoing".....:wave:

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.uk/display.var.607154.0.0.php?utag=2833
It's confusing isn't it. We hear that BU have had a meeting with the SRA (sans Doug White) recently. But why bother if the SRA had sold Lionel Road ages ago?

And where's the that most open organisation Bees United story on its website about this?
 

Back the Bees - the launch

abee,

I thought the inference in Carri Bee Un's earlier post was that the Chronicle repoting had been somewhat negative, which as you indicated earlier was not really the case.

I wouldn't disagree that the quotes referred to in Tim's 'au revoir' detract from the importance of the message and the urgency expressed in the comments from Brian Burgess.

Just to reiterate, so there is no misunderstanding, the deadline is real. There will be serious consequences for the club and the trust, should we fail to successfuly meet it. Not only immediate cash pressures but without an option to acquire a majority stake the trust has no standing in negotiations with developers with respect to a new stadium and the planned improvements to Griffin Park could be delayed or postponed.

The risks associated with an alternative buyer have been discussed by both Chris Scott and Brian Burgess in the Chronicle report. Having come this far and supporters having pumped in over £400k to the club, I wouldn't want to contemplate having to start all over again with a new majority shareholder?
 

Back the Bees - the launch

This has been the case for , I dunno, maybe 18 months - 2 years now.

I would take it to mean that CG havent told BFC/BU where to go, but that they are keeping their options open and still exploring all possibilities :idea:

A stadium complex would give CG a far better ROI i`d have thought...
 

Back the Bees - the launch

JoeBourke said:
Just to reiterate, so there is no misunderstanding, the deadline is real. There will be serious consequences for the club and the trust, should we fail to successfuly meet it.

Don't tell us, tell the Board and also give the person who said not to worry about Septmeber his P45 and a f*cking good kicking ?

There's problems at the top Joe which need addressing pdq ? :shrug:

Or is it another annoying f*ck up by BFC but the Old Boys Club protection scheme kicks in ? :sorted:
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Bee H said:
Don't tell us, tell the Board and also give the person who said not to worry about Septmeber his P45 and a f*cking good kicking ?

There's problems at the top Joe which need addressing pdq ? :shrug:

Or is it another annoying f*ck up by BFC but the Old Boys Club protection scheme kicks in ? :sorted:

Happy to join in the administration of said kicking if the individual is identified...

Just to add a quick comment on this before I return to the day job, a statement has been issued to the Chronicle for this week's issue reiterating the urgency of the end of September deadline and the futility, to use one of the more moderate terms I could, of unnamed people speculating that this is otherwise. Tim is in NZ so it is with the man standing in.

If there is anyone else who feels the need to exercise their views on this topic, they can send the Chronicle a letter marked 'Letter for publication' to [email protected].
 

Back the Bees - the launch

Mulitinovic said:
If there is anyone else who feels the need to exercise their views on this topic, they can send the Chronicle a letter marked 'Letter for publication' to [email protected].

The first step should be the identification of the person who gave the "don't worry" by the Club and his subsequent removal. A 're-education' is not good enough - how many more cock ups can they get away with ?

The Club should then issue a statement to the Chronny saying how incorrect that comment was and issuing a rally call to be published - it's about time the Board actually done something ! :banghead:

Good luck Mr Multinovic, with the incompetent idiots in charge of our Club, you're sure gonna need it (as you're no doubt finding out already !) :wave:
 
Back
Top Bottom