Bees In India

davido_i

Active member
Joined
5 Dec 2003
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
642
Location
Prague

Bees In India

Dear Fellow Bees

I have just started a new job, which will entail regular 2 week trips out to India,so covering a weekend
Our office is in Mumbai, so likely to be there but will also be regularly going to other parts of the country.
Being away from home & the family, catching a Bees game would be a nice way to help the time pass & give the weekend a real focal point.

I would be interested to know of other Bees who are out here.
Please do not inform the Czech Bees about this, as I am moonlighting
 

Bees In India

:suspect: did i hear something?
 

Bees In India

good good. new job - what poppycock. he'll be wanting a vote next :rolleyes:
 

Bees In India

Dear Fellow Bees

I have just started a new job, which will entail regular 2 week trips out to India,so covering a weekend
Our office is in Mumbai, so likely to be there but will also be regularly going to other parts of the country.
Being away from home & the family, catching a Bees game would be a nice way to help the time pass & give the weekend a real focal point.

I would be interested to know of other Bees who are out here.
Please do not inform the Czech Bees about this, as I am moonlighting

Very nice. Jealous.
 

Bees In India

If you ever get to Hyderabad, I can get some local hospitality for you. I've got a small office there with 6 development staff; I don't get there often now but, rather weirdly, they know I support Brentford and our demo system has most of the squad names in it as truck drivers, so the names are familiar to them!
 

Bees In India

If you ever get to Hyderabad, I can get some local hospitality for you. I've got a small office there with 6 development staff; I don't get there often now but, rather weirdly, they know I support Brentford and our demo system has most of the squad names in it as truck drivers, so the names are familiar to them!

Too ****ing hot there! I had to exist in an air conditioned bubble from Hotel to Car to Office. Couldn't stand outside for more than 3 seconds!
 

Bees In India

Too ****ing hot there! I had to exist in an air conditioned bubble from Hotel to Car to Office. Couldn't stand outside for more than 3 seconds!

Personally, I get used to it but it takes a few days! I've stayed there in local lodgings with no a/c, which is the least of the challenges when your shower is an old oil drum on a raised stand with a hose. If it's your own money, you cheapskate with everything! It's the rain that gets me, though.
 

Bees In India

Personally, I get used to it but it takes a few days! I've stayed there in local lodgings with no a/c, which is the least of the challenges when your shower is an old oil drum on a raised stand with a hose. If it's your own money, you cheapskate with everything! It's the rain that gets me, though.

I avoid the rain. I remember fondly my view from a hotel in Pune which was of a local car junkyard. The guy used to take an outside shower just as you describe #closecurtainquickly

Anyone even decent hotels in India are cheap, Westin was £100/night in Hyderabad.
 

Bees In India

I avoid the rain. I remember fondly my view from a hotel in Pune which was of a local car junkyard. The guy used to take an outside shower just as you describe #closecurtainquickly

Anyone even decent hotels in India are cheap, Westin was £100/night in Hyderabad.

... but when it's your money and you're starting up... Actually, I found it really interesting (although probably wouldn't do it again!). It was full of IT workers from other cities; they assumed I was mad but you really get to understand how bright they are and how much work they are prepared to put in.
 

Bees In India

... but when it's your money and you're starting up... Actually, I found it really interesting (although probably wouldn't do it again!). It was full of IT workers from other cities; they assumed I was mad but you really get to understand how bright they are and how much work they are prepared to put in.

India from an Tech PoV has come on so much in the past 5 years. Google are in Hyderabad....bigly.
 

Bees In India

India from an Tech PoV has come on so much in the past 5 years. Google are in Hyderabad....bigly.

Yes, and every time they do something new and recruit, the salaries go up for everyone! When you see a new Google tower go up, you know you'll have to pay a bit more. It's taken a while to get a core team who have some ownership and share in profits, even if I don't see any myself as yet.
 

Bees In India

Yes, and every time they do something new and recruit, the salaries go up for everyone! When you see a new Google tower go up, you know you'll have to pay a bit more. It's taken a while to get a core team who have some ownership and share in profits, even if I don't see any myself as yet.

Just wait until you see wage inflation....10-20%pa
 

Bees In India

Just wait until you see wage inflation....10-20%pa

Yes, we've budgeted (and paid) 15% in the last 3 years, it's why we decided to go with a profit share and be more open with the team. They have skills in demand (Force.com) and they really like the entrepreneurial idea. You'd never be able to do it with a large organisation, though.
 

Bees In India

I avoid the rain. I remember fondly my view from a hotel in Pune which was of a local car junkyard. The guy used to take an outside shower just as you describe #closecurtainquickly

Anyone even decent hotels in India are cheap, Westin was £100/night in Hyderabad.

Blimey! The most I paid was a fiver per night. In Delhi. At Christmas time. Twenty years ago. Some 'hotel' prices that I stayed at haven't risen since then. Mind you, I still have a very nasty rash.
 

Bees In India

I live & work in New Delhi. PM me for my details. Enjoy soggy Mumbai!
 

Bees In India

Dear Fellow Bees

I have just started a new job, which will entail regular 2 week trips out to India,so covering a weekend
Our office is in Mumbai, so likely to be there but will also be regularly going to other parts of the country.
Being away from home & the family, catching a Bees game would be a nice way to help the time pass & give the weekend a real focal point.

I would be interested to know of other Bees who are out here.
Please do not inform the Czech Bees about this, as I am moonlighting

I am normally in Bombay 4-5 times a year but having been as much this year due to newborn and father's health. Do let me know if you need any recommendations re. Bombay. Where will you be staying?

Embrace Bombay for what it is and you will love it.
 

Bees In India

I am normally in Bombay 4-5 times a year but having been as much this year due to newborn and father's health. Do let me know if you need any recommendations re. Bombay. Where will you be staying?

Embrace Bombay for what it is and you will love it.
It's rubbish. They even drive on the correct side of the road. BORING!
 

Bees In India

I stayed in the Imperial towers in Mumbai with my brother in law.
6K a month rent for a 2 bed apartment! :eek:
 

Bees In India

OK folks, looks like I will indeed be in India for the Leeds on Sat Nov 4th. Most likely either in Mumbai, possibly Delhi.
Would really welcome some tips as to where I will be able to find Sky Sports in these cities.

If anyone will be in Mumbai / Delhi on Nov 4th, I would be delighted to meet up.
If in Mumbai as most likely, my base is going to be Goregaon East.
But being a Saturday night, I am open to meet in a different part of Mumbai
 

Bees In India

Righto, so looks like 95% confirmed to still be in Mumbai this coming weekend.
Really excited by our surge into mid table, let's see if we can keep it going & grab the coat-tails of the play-off wannabees.....such as dirty Leeds...
Good to see their manager ratcheting up the pressure by calling it a must-win game after their recent mini-slump.
Tinpot Brentford is the last place I would want to be going in those circumstances....

Having done some internet scouting, I am plumping for Score Bar in Malud as being the most handy to get to from here in Borivali.
Let's ave it Bees!!

......Bomb Baby
 

Bees In India

Curry bees:

Rogan josh clarke
Alan mckormak
Samosa Saunders
David mutton
Shay rogan
James Tarkadalski
Clay oven Donaldson
 

Bees In India

Righto, so looks like 95% confirmed to still be in Mumbai this coming weekend.
Really excited by our surge into mid table, let's see if we can keep it going & grab the coat-tails of the play-off wannabees.....such as dirty Leeds...
Good to see their manager ratcheting up the pressure by calling it a must-win game after their recent mini-slump.
Tinpot Brentford is the last place I would want to be going in those circumstances....

Having done some internet scouting, I am plumping for Score Bar in Malud as being the most handy to get to from here in Borivali.
Let's ave it Bees!!

......Bomb Baby

I once watched a Bees game in here - http://www.hotelmarineplaza.com/ - was three years ago and early in the day, so quite quiet in there and they let me put the game on in the American-style bar. Obviously, it being a later kick-off might mean it's busier, trickier to put on, etc. But was an ok place to watch the game. I'd probably give them a call to find out. Seem to remember I got hammered in Leopold's beforehand.
 

Bees In India

I once watched a Bees game in here - http://www.hotelmarineplaza.com/ - was three years ago and early in the day, so quite quiet in there and they let me put the game on in the American-style bar. Obviously, it being a later kick-off might mean it's busier, trickier to put on, etc. But was an ok place to watch the game. I'd probably give them a call to find out. Seem to remember I got hammered in Leopold's beforehand.

I’ve actually stayed in that hotel, it’s not bad. Their main restaurant at the time was a Chinese...
 

Bees In India

not back out again for a couple of weeks, so not this time but no doubt at some point I will be in Mumbai for a game. Enjoy Mumbai!!
 

Bees In India

Calling all bomb babies!!!! I will be in Mumbai for the Hull away game. Based up in Borivali, but happy to train it down into SoBo for the game.

So if anyone can recommend a good bar certain to show the game, I’d be grateful and if other Bees will be in town, so much the better.
 

Bees In India

In New Delhi Saturday, anyone know a bar for the football, Jaipur for boxing day, then Goa until 09/01. Back to Ealing Road for the 11/01, all booked up cant make Mumbai sorry davido_i
 
Back
Top Bottom