Bees Luton updates

Bees Luton updates

great game and a good performance.

May had his best game for the bees and tabb was superb when he came on . full of running and everywhere, Luton didnt know what to do with him.

ref crap but then he could be related to Rougier ( cant say much as i get accused of slating our best player!! Ill use a different forum.

SUPER BEES BRING ON BRIGHTON
 

Bees Luton updates

i thought the ref had a cracker. :rolleyes:
soft goals FOR us for a change.
Tabb had a really good game.
Luton looked sort of good but their strikers couldn't hit a cows a*se with a banjo when it mattered.
 

Bees Luton updates

JasonBee said:
I'm not a May basher! He showed some good touches at times, but he just looks a bit powder puff to me, ie when he was 1 on 1 and just passed it to the keeper.

1 on 1 with the keeper off balance with 2 defenders homing in 18 yards out.

lets get it right eh, May was superb, today and that was a terrific win against, on paper, far superior opposition, the only criticism i could put to Wally Downes, football genius, is super eddie hutchinson may have made the difference between 4-2 or 8-0 to the Bees.
 

Bees Luton updates

California Bee said:
Looking for a turd in a stable full of ponies! Typical!

Tarring me with your brush? Typical!:(
 

Bees Luton updates

Feel sorry for Steven Evans - finally gets a run and gets injured. Any sense of how serious it was? I'm sure Wally will deduce that because we got 3 after J. Smith came on that he should be back in the first 11, meaning Evans is back to warming up for the last 30 minutes and playing the last 2.

Was Leo hurt, or just a tactical sub as he had a 1st half card?

Wright's was bad, huh?

What a great result for the Bees - I know which ones to miss!
 

Bees Luton updates

Urbane: Re Newall

Interesting to see Mike Newell standing by the corner flag shaking every Bees players hand as they came off the field at the end of the game - in my 35 years of watching BFC I can never ever remember an opposing manager do that. Was it a first? Well done Mr Newell - a good sporting gesture.
 

Bees Luton updates

Re: Urbane: Re Newall

SigiBee said:
Interesting to see Mike Newell standing by the corner flag shaking every Bees players hand as they came off the field at the end of the game - in my 35 years of watching BFC I can never ever remember an opposing manager do that. Was it a first? Well done Mr Newell - a good sporting gesture.

Well that bastard was good at using his hand wasn't he?:sad:
 

Bees Luton updates

Sigi, if that's true, and i must admit i didn't see it, (in true arsene stylee), Mike Newell should be applauded by us and our football club.
 

Bees Luton updates

Good game to watch. Luton looked good going foward and their finishing let them down. Their defending was awful.
Hunt and Tabb had a ball and were like a couple of kids gatecrashing a Sweet shop party.

I thought the whole team played well although Rougier is a bit over elaborate at times when on ocassions he needs to be more direct. Somner was poor in the first half. He never marks up and was letting Hunt do it for him.Great header off the line though.

I notice people are not knocking Downes now perhaps he deserves a bit of space. Job well done today.

I love this Tabby and he must start against Brighton.

I hope Evans and wright are ok.
 

Bees Luton updates

"Well that bastard was good at using his hand wasn't he?"

Is this an 18 year old Freight Rover Trophy Fional grudge? Move on Bee66 life's too short mate.
 

Bees Luton updates

SigiBee said:
"Well that bastard was good at using his hand wasn't he?"

Is this an 18 year old Freight Rover Trophy Fional grudge? Move on Bee66 life's too short mate.

It was meant as a joke but there you go:rolleyes: Well done Mr. Newall we got 3 points from you today & thank you very much for shaking the lads hands.
 

Bees Luton updates

Great result today against the low lifes. :thumbs:
Shame I had to miss the game due to family commitments.:cry:
I shall be out and about Todd's tomorrow wearing my Bee's shirt with pride and work on Monday morning just to rub it in .:hat::beer:
 

Bees Luton updates

Hmmmmmm

looks like Ritchbee still wants Wally Downes to bugger off.

Please allow me to spell it out to you sir.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bees Luton updates

I'd just like to put in a word for Ben May, who, far from being "ineffective" as someone has suggested, had an excellent game and was well deserving of his goal, even though it may have gone in if he left it.

His all round contibution was worthy of praise in my opinion, and you could see that he was gutted by his backpass which gifted Luton their 2nd goal. I was really pleased to see his reaction to this mistake as the goal was in effect meaningless, but, although he is only on loan here, he felt bad about letting the side down. I felt particularly sorry for him because he was clearly looking for someone to pass it back to, but nobody seemed to offer themselves, so he made an ill-judged back pass to the keeper.

I've been critical of his performance in many of the games in which I've seen him play, but I felt that for most of the Sheff Wed game, and also again today, he played a very good target man's role. Keep up the good work Ben.

And isn't Tabby a genius!!!
 

Bees Luton updates

miised the game?

many excuses...lets be honest the main one was England's game
:nono: :nono: :nono:
anyway tough sh*t, your loss, you missed a cracker...oh yeah and well done to the boys in white too...managed to see most of the action before kick-off!!
:D
 

Bees Luton updates

I thought May was great today. Tabb fantastic. The old Hunt was back. Kev solid as ever. Roget average - stupid booking again. KiteKat - At fault for first goal with a poor header -he also lacks pace. Sonko best 45mins of the season.

A really good performance and please let us stay up!!!!
 

Bees Luton updates

And Scaraminge or whatever your name is I still do.

And let me spell it to you.....

My comittment is 100% TOWARDS THE TEAM and what they do as individuals for the club

I don't like Wally or Thommo but that's been there long before this season started, it's a free world and I'm entitled to my opinion of them just as you are.

Grow up little boy
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bees Luton updates

Bish said:
I thought May was great today. Tabb fantastic. The old Hunt was back. Kev solid as ever. Roget average - stupid booking again. KiteKat - At fault for first goal with a poor header -he also lacks pace. Sonko best 45mins of the season.

A really good performance and please let us stay up!!!!

We will at the rate we are going. 17 points so far - a third of what we need to stay up, and we arn't a third of the way through the season yet. :)
 

Bees Luton updates

RitchBee said:
And Scaraminge or whatever your name is I still do.

And let me spell it to you.....


I don't like Wally or Thommo

Grow up little boy


I'll let the jury decide.
 

Bees Luton updates

Just for you Scara I've altered my signature.

Like I told you before If Wally keeps us up I have no problem in showering him with praise for doing so and eating humble pie.

Remember It's a long long season...........
 

Bees Luton updates

I thought we were okay without being anything wonderful. Thought we played a lot better against Hartlepool and the first 20 of the Sheffield game. The first half was unbelievable the amount of bad bounces and ricochets that ended up with a Luton player and yet we still went in 1 to the good. Second half the two quick goals killed them off and Tabb was man of the match by a mile. Big disappointment was Rougier who was practically non existent. Somner's headed clearance off the line was awesome, especially as the guy then flattened him and the To**er of a Ref missed it.

I think one of the reasons we managed to get 4 today was that Luton were the first team I have seen for a long time who had a typical old style 4th division defence. Only able to block and boot upfield. No playing with the ball or attempting to pass out of defence and hopeless once anyone got past them. They weren't help by a non effective goalkeeper who in the second half spread panic amongst his defenders.

I think Tuesday will be a much sterner test, but let's bask in the glory for the time being with 3 wonderful points and for the first time this season a decent journey home where the trains were actually on time.
 

Bees Luton updates

Good perfomance today.
Tabb gets better with every game he plays. He is showing real determination and has the skill to match it.
Hope Tommy W is okay and Evo.
 

Bees Luton updates

scaramanga said:
Just woken up with massive hangover. Sincere apologies Rich, i retract that statement.
Never post when you are pissed, you might upset certain people. :D
 

Bees Luton updates

Bee49 said:
Never post when you are pissed, you might upset certain people. :D

It's a lesson i've taught myself as of late!


On to the game. What can I say? Even at 2-1 we were saying what an entertaining game it was. Even the t*sser of a referee couldn't spoil things for us - a tribute of how well we handled things on the pitch. To score four and smash the woodwork twice, IN SPITE of a ****** who was blowing up for everything is a tribute to how well the lads done.

Since the opening day thumping at Trannyqueer, the team has really developed. And although the teamsheet as changed somewhat, i'm not convinced that we have relegation worries with the present line-up - quite the opposite. If we can build on this, and not allow the poofs to tear us apart on Tuesday night, we will be just fine.

Smithy kept us in it early on with some fine saves. Combine that with various missed chances, and we could have found ourselves 4-1 down before we eventually ran away with the game. The lad from Chelsea (number 27) does not inspire me with confidence at the back. He is relatively small for a centre-back and regularly made errors.

The midfield did well. Hunt had one of his finer games.

Up front, we are actually becoming spoilt for choice. May was superb, and Tabb lit the place up when he came on as a sub.

Interesting that with injuries to Huchinson and Wright, Wally was forced to choose this team that played so well! If I had a hammer... :D

Smith 7, Somner 8, Kitekat 6, Roget 7 (Sonko 7), Dobbo 8, Hunt 9, O'Connor 7, Evans 7 (Smith 6), Rougier 7, May 8, Wright 7 (Tabb 9*)
 

Bees Luton updates

Spelling held up quite well though. :eek:

(Bigbee surely can't make anything out of that innocent one liner)

Again, sorry Rich, i was a thick prat last night :blush
 

Bees Luton updates

Can't believe anybody has criticied May. He was my man of the match. He won evrything in the air, held the ball up and took the pressure off Tabb and Hunt giving the space in which to operate do effectively. Superb performance - a real leader of the line
 

Bees Luton updates

We certainly played well and Luton passed the ball well once they got in our half. A very entertaining game. Although Tabb was superb I thought the difference between the sides was the goalkeepers. Smugger was great pulling off some good saves and could not be fauted for either goal. At the other end their keeper was at fault for 2 of the goals (2 & 4) at could have done better with the third.
 

Bees Luton updates

I agree - the difference between the keepers was as big as it gets in this division. Their keeper was awful. I thought he was to blame for the 1st as well, charging off his line and making Hunty's mind up for him - an easy lob. Compare that to Smithy who just plucked everything out of the air in the 1st half so Luton stopped putting high balls in in the 2nd half.
 

Bees Luton updates

Re: Urbane: Re Newall

SigiBee said:
Interesting to see Mike Newell standing by the corner flag shaking every Bees players hand as they came off the field at the end of the game - in my 35 years of watching BFC I can never ever remember an opposing manager do that. Was it a first? Well done Mr Newell - a good sporting gesture.

Well, a marked change from the attitude of their previous manager, who called us racists.
 

Bees Luton updates

Boston Bee said:
Feel sorry for Steven Evans - finally gets a run and gets injured. Any sense of how serious it was? I'm sure Wally will deduce that because we got 3 after J. Smith came on that he should be back in the first 11, meaning Evans is back to warming up for the last 30 minutes and playing the last 2.

Was Leo hurt, or just a tactical sub as he had a 1st half card?

I saw Wally on Saturday night. It was because Leo had a yellow already. Ahem! As I predicted whilst commentatating :D
 

Bees Luton updates

Markybee said:
Oh yes you can Trandy..........when it comes to football anyway:rolleyes:

At least you admit your a lying tw*t on other occassions, OTHER than footy:D
 

Bees Luton updates

Trandy said:
At least you admit your a lying tw*t on other occassions, OTHER than footy:D

Ok. So you weren't on holiday with your Mum and Dad. Are you now saying that you didntreally have sex before the Rushden game then????

So when else have I lied? BTW this is off thread :( :nono:

Glad you missed a cracker Rob :D :wave:
 

Bees Luton updates

Decent performance, still a bit shaky at the back (thought Sonko was an improvement when he came on).

To be honest their keeper gave us a helping hand, but it was noticeable that when we put them under pressure they cracked and gave us lots of possesion, corners, throws etc. Big contrast from our usual defensive performances when we can't get a sniff of the ball and have to hope for a set-piece or a break away.

Pity Tabby didn't get the hat-trick he deserved, but what a performance!
 

Bees Luton updates

Very good performance from us, helped a lot by their appaling defensive performance. We were more solid at the back than them and that helped us to win overall, Smioth and Sonko both did their jobs very well.

Midfield and attack was superb, May was everywhere, a real point proved by him. Won everything in the air and held the ball up well on the floor.
Wright mad ethe first goal superbly and looked to be badly hurt, possibly the end of his Bees career. Tabb was a more than adequate replacement though, how we can think of leaving him out with performances like that?

I was slightly concerned with the defence but Sonko seemed to solve many of the problems, and I like his partnership with Kitimarike.

We deserved the win, with an excellent performance, lets look to carry it on.
 
Back
Top Bottom