Bees v MKD..updates....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bees v MKD..updates....

Wasted 45mins with trotta up top. No one taking a shoot. They were crap there for the taking. Massive 3 points lost.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Don't really know what to say. Happy-clapping optimists will be on here after the game saying all will be OK, we played well, etc etc.

Fact is it's really not. This game was massive and losing it is a massive dent in our automatic promotion hopes. That's the truth.

You really are a barrel of laughs arent you?
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Win a game like this and you're looking at automatic promotion, lose a game like this and it's the play-offs.
Not at all confident about getting anything from Coventry.

walsall smashed them today, they will crumble in front of our might as well :yes:
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

This really makes the Coventry game a must win.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Win a game like this and you're looking at automatic promotion, lose a game like this and it's the play-offs..

What if you win some of the "games like this" and lose others? I think most would have taken 9 out of the last 12. We were never going to go up with 95-100 points, whoever goes up will have lost some key games this season, and won others. I'm not happy that we lost and we may need to win 3 or 4 of the last 6 to stand a good chance of being top 2 but it's not the end of the world.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

I am really ****ing gutted.

Well done to all 2,030 fans who went though.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

I dont get why change tactics after winning 3 straight home games. Tactics shouldn't change home or away. You should be the best team on the park regardless.

Anyway. Bugger.

I was surprised to see Tom and BWP on the bench today all be it if the latter was carrying an injury that explains. However, if what I'm reading and hearing is correct it wasn't the tactics that were wrong but more a case of not taking our chances (again!)
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Our away form has let us down too much this year.
Way I see it now;
Donny nailed on, Bournemouth have got the points on the board & a smooth run in, Sheff U have the games in hand, we've got too many aways & Sheff & Donny to come.
Play-Offs as usual...
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Portsmouths result was bitter sweet.

Looks like they will have it all to play for when we meet.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Could of been worse, at least Sheffield only got a point.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

The tinker man strikes again - Gung Ho away from home very rarely works.Reminds me of West Ham of old.Never the less still time to correct matters.Come on you Bees.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Our away form has let us down too much this year.
Way I see it now;
Donny nailed on, Bournemouth have got the points on the board & a smooth run in, Sheff U have the games in hand, we've got too many aways & Sheff & Donny to come.
Play-Offs as usual...

As usual? Really? When was the last time we were in the play offs?
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Ho-hum, thanks for the updates. Some of you guys need to chill out. We are 3rd, 2 games in hand on Bournemouth, others around us dropping points. Too early to be anything but optimistic.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

As usual? Really? When was the last time we were in the play offs?

The last time everyone thought we might get automatic promotion from this division obviously...
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Code:
1 	Doncaster 	41 	18 	75
2 	Bornemth 	42 	16 	73
3 	Brentford 	40 	13 	70
4 	Sheff Utd 	39 	18 	69
5 	Swindon 	41 	33 	68
6 	Yeovil    	41 	13 	68
7 	Tranmere 	42 	13 	66

2 games in hand and Doncaster to play. Automatic promotion is still in our own hands. Unlike Bournemouth, Swindon, Yeovil and Tranmere
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

The last time everyone thought we might get automatic promotion from this division obviously...

Hardly "as usual". I think the point I'm making is obvious, count ya blessings.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Gutted about the result. Didn't play badly at all and created some clear chances - Trotta should have scored in the first half and many around me were surprised he started.

Howler by Moore gifted them a goal but to get promoted we need to put away our chances when we are on top. Didn't deserve to lose but we did. Need to win our next 2 away games.

Good support but subdued after the game. Big chance missed.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

If we are at some time mathematically unable to get automatic promotion then is the time to think about play offs. Until then I'm only thinking about automatic promotion.

Keep the faith.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

It is odd we've got proven goalscorers in Clayton, BWP and yes even the much maligned Trotta and we're creating chances and we still can't seem to hit a cow's arse with a Banjo. I'm really hoping one of them finds his shooting boots over the next six games.......
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Loads of missed chances again.Also dont see the logic in playing Trotta instead of BWP or excluding Adeyami totally . Still what do I know ? Now in excess of 300 minutes played without an away goal. I fear we are likely to find ourselves in the play offs which we would have probably taken at the beginning of the season.Odds on we get frigging Yeovil as well !
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Code:
1 	Doncaster 	41 	18 	75
2 	Bornemth 	42 	16 	73
3 	Brentford 	40 	13 	70
4 	Sheff Utd 	39 	18 	69
5 	Swindon 	41 	33 	68
6 	Yeovil    	41 	13 	68
7 	Tranmere 	42 	13 	66

2 games in hand and Doncaster to play. Automatic promotion is still in our own hands. Unlike Bournemouth, Swindon, Yeovil and Tranmere

Very true its in our hands but we have to win the games to make it count, I would take the points any day imo, hope I am proved wrong.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Brilliant effort by you guys who went just a shame you did not get rewarded for your efforts

Will read the match reports with interest particularly from those that offer a valued judgment and not a knee jerk reaction, when is yours due Mick??

With our run in and poor away results automatic promotion is looking a step to far although never say never, and whilst the play offs are a lottery would have accepted them at the start of the season

Coventry is a big game, win and we are again back on track. Can't say this season is without excitement!!
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Poor result but I wouldn't think Sheff U fans are happy either and Bournemouth is only a shaky 1-0 over Scunny, anything can happen.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

There were positives today in the way we controlled the game and looked like the side in 3rd. If we could only be ruthless in front of goal. Last promotion we had Clarke, Bowditch & Rhodes. This time Hayes & BWP. Says it all really.

And why the hell can we not get out of this f***ing car park?!!
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

its not games like today that will cost us, its 4 points dropped v Bury, Shrewsbury, plus Stevenage and Carlisle when they couldnt win a game. Why BWP, Saunders and Adeyemi were dropped today I will never know. Only Tinkerman knows the answer.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Maybe without the "tinkerman" we'd be in a worse position with knackered players?
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

its not games like today that will cost us, its 4 points dropped v Bury, Shrewsbury, plus Stevenage and Carlisle when they couldnt win a game. Why BWP, Saunders and Adeyemi were dropped today I will never know. Only Tinkerman knows the answer.

I take your point about those games but bear in mind we've had our fair share of luck with late goals as well - Coventry, Tranmere and Preston twice spring to mind without even thinking.

In all honesty if 1 or 2 of our strikers hit a purple patch over the next few games and Craig & Dean stay fit we can still finish top 2
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

In hindsight we were very unlikely to win all our remaining away games so we must learn from this and move on to Cov, everything crossed we get back to scoring ways and I promise I'll have my lucky socks on from the start.

I've decided to not personally slag off any opposing team's manager or players from now on (until after we play them) as it doesn't seem to bring us luck...yes I'm that superstitious!

Still SO much to play for...keep beelieving.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Bad result but we were never going win them all.our away form will cost us in the end though
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Maybe without the "tinkerman" we'd be in a worse position with knackered players?

We win Uwe is a tactical genius....we lose he is a Tinkerman. The fickle nature of us football fans I'm afraid. The truth is as usual somewhere in the middle, Uwe has made some excellent calls recently and some not so (e.g. Stevenage). On the whole I'd say he's in considerable credit at the moment....and I say that as not being his No.1 fan.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Despite all the changes made we still had a very strong side out that played reasonably well. Can't blame Uwe for those missed chances. We controlled large parts of the game but just couldn't score. Keep the faith although if fully fit then BWP has to always start in front of Trotta.

Do say MK is really a sh*tty town with no character ....
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Pretty chilled about today's defeat. All the contenders are having ups and downs. We've won 3 of the last 4, 9 from 12 points. That's promotion form. It's all still to play for.

I had issues with Uwe in the past, but he's done enough to convince me and the odd defeat isn't going to change my view.

You Bees!
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Pretty chilled about today's defeat. All the contenders are having ups and downs. We've won 3 of the last 4, 9 from 12 points. That's promotion form. It's all still to play for.

I had issues with Uwe in the past, but he's done enough to convince me and the odd defeat isn't going to change my view.

You Bees!

Also sounded as if Harry was showing some of old form as well so thats a positive. Tom has to play as well so if playing 4 5 1 away from home have to go with Forrester and Saunders either side of Donaldson with Suanders given a more free role to allow Logan and Tom fill space he leaves on right hand side.
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Reading between the lines of Billy's post match interview with Uwe, the manager is not happy with Mr Trotta
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Reading between the lines of Billy's post match interview with Uwe, the manager is not happy with Mr Trotta

He's not the only one...
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Magic give it a rest, if we had taken our chances the result would have been different. Don't hear from you week after week yet as soon as we lose you are back moaning about the manager

Last season, his first, we finished outside the playoffs, second season improved points tally and in the race for automatic promotion. Your prefered candidate was sacked for not achieving success. I know which manager I prefer
 

Bees v MKD..updates....

Maybe without the "tinkerman" we'd be in a worse position with knackered players?

yes probably right,also the squad has been relatively injury free because of this. But maybe it is time now to stop rotating, put out your strongest side and go for broke
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom