Bees v Swans..updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bees v Swans..updates...

Gotta get that first goal!

Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford! Come on Brentford!

Come on you Bees!!!!!
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

VOA said:
This current team is not the team that took us to this place in the league. Lloyd and Dudley are missed, and when Sodje is out of form then this becomes a mid-table side with class in Turner and Tabb only

Bang on. This team has given it their all, but ultimately 2nd best to Swans. I was commenting during the Bournemouth match on this site that I really wanted Barnsley to finish 6th and not Swans.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Swinedonbee said:
He's done a Big George this half but at least we've tested him.

Shame it took us an hour. After weeks of watching how a backs-to-wall defensive performance shouldn't be done, it's Sod's Law that today we're going to be handed in a masterclass of last 20 minute defending.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Sporting Life:

Shots On Target Brentford 10-4

Shots Off Target Brentford 3-2

Fouls (Conceded)Fouls conceded Brentford 9-16

Corners Brentford 4-1



We seem to have dominated in everything but the scoreline. Oh for a striker!
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

COME ON BRENTFORD. I'm sorry for all the fans who have to sit through this at GP. I have done it since a kid and have experienced enough disappointments to last a lifetime.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Fifteen minutes left. Come on Brentford.... Get a goal and make it possible.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

California Bee said:
Sporting Life:

Shots On Target Brentford 10-4

Shots Off Target Brentford 3-2

Fouls (Conceded)Fouls conceded Brentford 9-16

Corners Brentford 4-1



We seem to have dominated in everything but the scoreline. Oh for a striker!

I'm not sure where 8 of those on-target shots came from, but I believe most of them were glove-warmers from outside the 18 yard box. We have had lots of pressure but couldn't make it count. Dave W£bb once commented that he didn't care about the quality of the team as long as he had two players who could score goals. Definite food for thought..
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

We're just like Preston :( Terrible play-offs record, and like for like results in this season's play-offs.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Sporting Life:

Shots On Target Brentford 10-4

Shots Off Target Brentford 3-2

Fouls (Conceded)Fouls conceded Brentford 9-16

Corners Brentford 4-1



We seem to have dominated in everything but the scoreline. Oh for a striker!
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Is there an echo in here?
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Drifting towards the inevitable...anybody know what the attendance is today?
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Sadly for us, Swans can defend. 5 minutes from full time and nice pitch invasion..

Swansea now 90 minutes away from joining the "special club" of Huddersfield, Tranmere, Reading, Crewe and Stoke by seeing us off to seal promotion.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Swans have defended well unfortunately for us. Another very, very disappointing play off performance - curtains for another season.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

I guess its just about all over now for this season.I think deep down once we blew the automatic promotion chance we knew with our play off record that we would likely not go up and needless to say thats what has happened.Oh well after 50 years supporting the Bees and so many dissapointments we just carry on I hope.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Feel completely gutted! Oh, to be a Brentford fan!
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

We've only a had decent striker for 21 partial games in the last eight seasons since Robert Taylor left. That is why we are still here in League One and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. This year after DJ Campbell had gone we became a different and struggling mediocre team.

Friggin' depressing!!!
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

I really thought we were going to do it this time as my kids started to come for the first time this year - should have known better. I have warned them that this is life being a Brentford fan. :(
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

A real, real shame. As much as we missed DJ for the latter part of the season, we had some awful luck along the way. Just wasn't meant to be :(
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

it isn't really about today's performance
even without campbell, this promotion should have been nailed down weeks ago. it was the performances in the run in
against port vale, doncaster, gillingham,bradford, blackpool and hartlepool
that killed us.

we threw promotion away

MA has to go away and take an objective look at the overall seasonlong performances of some players and the tactics deployed
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Bad luck boys. I really thought you'd be promoted this year. Try not to lose faith in MA; I suspect he's the man who can get you up.

At least there's the World Cup to look forward to. By the time that's over, it will be business as usual. Next time, you really need to capitalise on the early season form, and build up a real momentum to see you through the usual end-of-season dip. Hope you do it.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

flowerpower bee said:
it isn't really about today's performance
even without campbell, this promotion should have been nailed down weeks ago. it was the performances in the run in
against port vale, doncaster, gillingham,bradford, blackpool and hartlepool
that killed us.

we threw promotion away

MA has to go away and take an objective look at the overall seasonlong performances of some players and the tactics deployed

Good post.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

Unlucky boys, they gave it there all in the second half, we just didn't have the quality that Swansea did. Bit of a lonely day for me, I was the only Bee in watching the game in Plymouth. I'm really gutted. Hopefully we'll hang on to Tabb and Turner because they will always give us a chance of winning.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

:wave: Not sure why Newman was first to bee subbed...:sad: bee interesting to see who is still here next season...YOU REDS...:sad:
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

RedArmy said:
Unlucky boys, they gave it there all in the second half, we just didn't have the quality that Swansea did. Bit of a lonely day for me, I was the only Bee in watching the game in Plymouth. I'm really gutted. Hopefully we'll hang on to Tabb and Turner because they will always give us a chance of winning.

There were at least two of us - I watched it at home in Lipson. If it had been 3PM kick-off, I'd have been at GP.

Completely agree with your post. We also desperately need a Leon Knight of our own (perhaps a Mark Yeates style loan from a Premiership side).

I hope MA will stay too.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

when the players came out for the last time, was newman with them? i don't remember seeing him.
 

Bees v Swans..updates...

flowerpower bee said:
it isn't really about today's performance
even without campbell, this promotion should have been nailed down weeks ago. it was the performances in the run in
against port vale, doncaster, gillingham,bradford, blackpool and hartlepool
that killed us.

we threw promotion away

MA has to go away and take an objective look at the overall seasonlong performances of some players and the tactics deployed


Well said that man.... I am even more gutted than last season, this time we had it in our hands and threw it away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom