'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

cheshire bee

Active member
Joined
28 Feb 2001
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
9
Location
Cheshire / Manchester Border

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

For us northern outcasts that can not make the trip down, do W@nkcombe have a local radio station that broadcast match commentary over the net or is it good old teletext.
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

I can't answer your question, I'm afraid, but I just wanted to register my disgust at the FA for not allowing Beesworld to broadcast a commentary. I think the Chief Executive should resign.

What do you mean he already has? Then whoever is standing in for him should go too!
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

If all else fails- try bbc onlines text commentry- its better than nothing
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn

An exciting FA cup encounter and I won't be able to listen to it.

Damn. :mad:

Have to watch Sporting life for updates, not the same thing. :(
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

Re: Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn

Idaho Bee said:
An exciting FA cup encounter and I won't be able to listen to it.

Damn. :mad:

Have to watch Sporting life for updates, not the same thing. :(

Don't worry chaps... if there is a broadcast out there somewhere, I will find it.
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

What really bugs me about it is the fact that the F.A have imposed the ban on the broadcast yet they aren`t offering any kind of alternative.
Whether I liked it or not I could at least understand their position if they were offering a seperate/competing broadcast.
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

Just to add,I know this won`t make a blind bit of difference but I`ve sent this to the F.A .


Could you please explain to me the reason behind your stance on refusing premium TV the permission to broadcast via the internet the FACup games.

I would definately understand this position if you were offering a similar/competing broadcast yourselves.However,you are not!,at the end of the day your policy over this matter seems to be `` we don`t care``.

The only people who suffer from this are those like myself who cannot go to every game { I live in Denmark }.I fly over two or three times a yr to watch my team play { Brentford } ,but every other game I listen to via ``the net``.

Personally I think it`s such a shame when an organisation like yourself fails to cater to the needs of it`s individual customers {which is what fans are }.

Thanking you in anticipation of a logical response.

...................Ian Lloyd..............................




If anyone else wants to e,mail them you need to send it [email protected] ................and title it as.......TopicalFAQ`s
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

I would think the answer is that the money Premium TV has paid has gone to the Football League rather than the FA......

I'm sure if Premium wanted to have the internet rights they could have paid for them and then clubs (including BFC) would have had more cash.

So the other side of the coin is "isn't the FA right in not letting Premium broadcast the FA Cup when they should be paying the FA for the rights?"
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

Banana said:
I would think the answer is that the money Premium TV has paid has gone to the Football League rather than the FA......

I'm sure if Premium wanted to have the internet rights they could have paid for them and then clubs (including BFC) would have had more cash.

So the other side of the coin is "isn't the FA right in not letting Premium broadcast the FA Cup when they should be paying the FA for the rights?"

Or the other side of the coin is "If the FA haven't done a deal with Premium, have they tried to do a deal with anyone else?".

I.e. are they missing a business opportunity by "leaving money on the table"?
 

'Bees World' FA Cup Commentary

Exactly Idaho..................Banana the point I am trying to make is that WHY have the F.A withheld permission from a company that is willing to broadcast on the net WITHOUT providing ANY alternative themselves???????.Because of this decision who suffers??The FA?,Premium TV?....no just the fans so obviously it`s okay then!!
 
Back
Top Bottom