BFC Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFC Academy

I fell for this one, guilty.
Police bee !
Hello ken ?
 

BFC Academy

He was a player who didn't make it but thanks to the investment in the academy as a result of the Benham's money, he was able to follow a coaching path. I guess you could say his career in football is very much down to Benham's money.

And yes, I am getting fed up with people lining up to bite that hand that generously feeds them.

Yep, another whinger. No time for them. No MB, no Accademy. If their kids aren't good enough, tough sh*t. Many of us have fallen short too. I guess the difference is, our parents didn't whine, they told us to get on with it!
 

BFC Academy

Interestingly on Miguel Rios' bio it states: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"

Stats dig?

All for stats but maybe he doesn't approve at academy level? Odd that he was offered first team but walked
 

BFC Academy

Interestingly on Miguel Rios' bio it states: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"

Stats dig?

All for stats but maybe he doesn't approve at academy level? Odd that he was offered first team but walked

It does read that way, but haven't we been told that statistics aren't the be-all and end-all, just an additional tool to traditional methods. :shrug:
 

BFC Academy

Miguel did take a step up to the first team.He is one of the best youth development guys around. Matthew Benham has a screw loose to let him go. Miguel made the Academy what it is today. One of the most decent guys I have ever met in the football industry. His work ethic is second to none. The next club to get him on board are very lucky indeed.

Did Benham have a choice in letting him go ?

Does it warrant openly public and direct messages/tweets like that ?
 

BFC Academy

It does read that way, but haven't we been told that statistics aren't the be-all and end-all, just an additional tool to traditional methods. :shrug:

You can't use stats for a 7 year old. But I'm sure you know this.
 

BFC Academy

Interestingly on Miguel Rios' bio it states: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"

Stats dig?

All for stats but maybe he doesn't approve at academy level? Odd that he was offered first team but walked
no it's an Einstein quote
 

BFC Academy

Anyone know MRs date of birth?!
 

BFC Academy

Football manager 16 research purposes :)
 

BFC Academy

Interestingly on Miguel Rios' bio it states: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"

Stats dig?

All for stats but maybe he doesn't approve at academy level? Odd that he was offered first team but walked
ISTR that has been on his bio for a long time.
 

BFC Academy

You can't use stats for a 7 year old. But I'm sure you know this.

Well, the medical profession use stats. from birth, but, yes, I know what you mean.
 

BFC Academy

Josh MacEachran's brother George played both games too.
 

BFC Academy

Really? Didn't know we had him on our books. Did we have him before or after we signed Josh?
 

BFC Academy

Really? Didn't know we had him on our books. Did we have him before or after we signed Josh?

No, he doesn't play for us. Chelsea I think. Just commenting.
 

BFC Academy

Not sure what the issue is here. Senor Rios has resigned and has moved on yet we have parents venting their spleen at Mr Benham on twiter, facebook and on here. Not sure if I would worry about a coach leaving the academy let alone suggest that "Matthew Benham has a screw loose" - that doesn't help anyone.

Also I am far less than certain that Rios got Poveda on board despite what has been said on this thread.

As for ""Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts". Like others I am not sure if this is a little, sly dig but I very much doubt that we use statistics for recruitment of kids. The only stats that count are how many kids get a regular first-team place. It might be interesting to compare this particular stat with other, similar institutions (and there is a comparable at FCM)
 

BFC Academy

Not sure what the issue is here. Senor Rios has resigned and has moved on yet we have parents venting their spleen at Mr Benham on twiter, facebook and on here. Not sure if I would worry about a coach leaving the academy let alone suggest that "Matthew Benham has a screw loose" - that doesn't help anyone.

Also I am far less than certain that Rios got Poveda on board despite what has been said on this thread.

As for ""Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts". Like others I am not sure if this is a little, sly dig but I very much doubt that we use statistics for recruitment of kids. The only stats that count are how many kids get a regular first-team place. It might be interesting to compare this particular stat with other, similar institutions (and there is a comparable at FCM)

Banana good post mate. There are so many people out there doubting MB at the minute and i cant wait for him to prove them all wrong. He has nothing to prove to me and it isnt Rios that has got our academy to where it is today.............................. It is Matthew "screw loose" Benham who has put our academy where it is and the parents kids that play for it. So many people seem to forget where we were less then 10 years ago without this Brentford fan. If the parents feel so strongly about it then why dont they b****r off with Rios to what ever club he goes too.
 

BFC Academy

Parents of child players are a nightmare at any level of football. Usually unobjective and they always know best.
 

BFC Academy

Why would anyone think Matthew Benham has a screw loose?

Let's look at the evidence, he has chucked multi millions into a small, loss making, unfashionable football club.............. oh yeah - QED I suppose. :wave:
 

BFC Academy

Ahhhh is this the same Miguel, that in his early days at Brentford used to approach players parents directly without going through the proper channels? :confused:
 

BFC Academy

Louis Hazelwoods Dad told me many times ( he gets my train home ) that we were " stupid " to let him leave.

Louis plays for Billericay
 

BFC Academy

Not sure what the issue is here. Senor Rios has resigned and has moved on yet we have parents venting their spleen at Mr Benham on twiter, facebook and on here. Not sure if I would worry about a coach leaving the academy let alone suggest that "Matthew Benham has a screw loose" - that doesn't help anyone.

Also I am far less than certain that Rios got Poveda on board despite what has been said on this thread.

As for ""Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts". Like others I am not sure if this is a little, sly dig but I very much doubt that we use statistics for recruitment of kids. The only stats that count are how many kids get a regular first-team place. It might be interesting to compare this particular stat with other, similar institutions (and there is a comparable at FCM)

If parents are unhappy that their child has been rejected or let go, maybe they should speak to Chelsea. You know, the club that sweeps up every schoolkid over the age of 4 with promises that they will be in the first team in 5 years, only to let 99.9% of them go the same year.
 

BFC Academy

Parents of child players are a nightmare at any level of football. Usually unobjective and they always know best.

Thats why im a cricket coach - the parents don't profess to knowing everything so just leave it to me to get on with coaching.
 

BFC Academy

Not sure iif this is best thread to post this but I see that George Harmes from the academy is on e of the subs for the development game today. Anyone know much about him or seen him play? Ii'm only curious because his mum works same place as me
 

BFC Academy

Not sure iif this is best thread to post this but I see that George Harmes from the academy is on e of the subs for the development game today. Anyone know much about him or seen him play? Ii'm only curious because his mum works same place as me

Ask her mate :fishing:
 

BFC Academy

Thats why im a cricket coach - the parents don't profess to knowing everything so just leave it to me to get on with coaching.

There is a solution. I vet the parents more than the kids, I go for middle class parents who know little about football and just want a coffee and a chat with other parents on a Saturday morning. If the kid can run and kick a ball and wants to play I reckon I can get a tune out of them, I already have 4-5 good players that can carry them whilst they get up to speed but best of all it is enjoyable for all, no tw*tty parents to deal with.
 

BFC Academy

...........................personally sad to see him go, especially to those knobs down the road, as he was always courteous and professional in his dealings with me, and IMHO will be a huge loss to BFC............................please don't think that I'm knocking MB for "letting him go", I'm not..................................
 

BFC Academy

...........................personally sad to see him go, especially to those knobs down the road, as he was always courteous and professional in his dealings with me, and IMHO will be a huge loss to BFC............................please don't think that I'm knocking MB for "letting him go", I'm not..................................


what are you on about ? Have you landed on the wrong thread or been drinking all afternoon?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom