BFC Welsh XI

Wise old Bee

Well-known member
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
13,400
Reaction score
7,522
Location
Sudbury Hill

BFC Welsh XI

Bit bored at work so what better than to compile my Brentford Welsh XI? An all star-lineup with:

Lewis Price(00s)

Alan Jones (60s)
Iori Jenkins (80s)
Matt Somner (00s)
Barry Tucker (70/80s)

Dai Richards (30s)
Paul Evans 900s)
Phil Bater (80s)

Idris Hopkins (30/40s)
Dai Ward (60s)
Gary Roberts (80s)

With the likes of Keith Bowen and Lee Nogan on the bench too! I don't have "100 years of Brentford" so could someone enlighten me as to who is the "Boulter" who is shown on Wiki as having played a full international whilst at GP? I hope he was a central defender as not too happy about the partnership of Jenkins and Somner in central defence. Next it will be my BFC left-footed XI to play the Brentford Ginger XI... time on my hands.......
 

BFC Welsh XI

James Wilson must be able to get in that defence?
 

BFC Welsh XI

James Wilson ???
 

BFC Welsh XI

Gareth Hall? :fishing:
 

BFC Welsh XI

Was the genius that was George Torrance Welsh or did I make that up?
 

BFC Welsh XI

That should be IS Matty Somner Welsh???? Sorry if I caused any panic
 

BFC Welsh XI

Blimey!! If only they'd have called him up for the full squad
 

BFC Welsh XI

Not sure he's Welsh though, more his grandparents I think. :rolleyes:

That counts. Paul Evans was born in Shropshire but played. I was born in Ealing yet could have played for Wales, sadly overlooked. You only need one grandparent, like most of the Eire side.
 

BFC Welsh XI

You only need one grandparent, like most of the Eire side.

You only need one grandparent? So that grandparent reproduces alone to produce your Dad, while God creates your Mum from your Dad's spare ribs?

Back to subject, I suppose you could qualify for 4 countries, one from each grandparent, then another 2 if your parents were from different countries from their parents, and a 7th from your own birthplace... and if you become a British Citizen having been born elsewhere you would qualifiy for all 4 UK nations.

On the Welsh team, of those I've seen only Allan Jones, Tucker, Paul Evans, Wilson and Gary Roberts would even be Lge 1 standard; Phil Bater was more Lge 2 and Iori Jenkins and Matt Somner not even that.. but congrats to Wise Old Bee for some good statto work
 

BFC Welsh XI

That counts. Paul Evans was born in Shropshire but played. I was born in Ealing yet could have played for Wales, sadly overlooked. You only need one grandparent, like most of the Eire side.

I know it counts hence the :rolleyes:because imho it should go back no further than your paternal parents.
Tony Cascarino got eire caps thanks to a Irish step-grandmother :eek: Nobody checked that it was his grandads second wife. lol
 

BFC Welsh XI

Granted, Iori Jenkins was no great shakes but he was hard as nails and put in 100% in his rare appearances. I believe he left us to join the Met Police where I imagine he was seconded immediately to the Special Patrol Group.
 

BFC Welsh XI

How about Paul Maddy. Good attacking midfielder with great shot. Put him in!!
 

BFC Welsh XI

How about Paul Maddy. Good attacking midfielder with great shot. Put him in!!

Very talented player though would be seen as a bit of a luxury these days as everyone expects all players to battle whilst the likes of Maddy didn`t always put himself about enough but should still be in a Bees Welsh XI.
 

BFC Welsh XI

I believe it was Les Boulter.
 

BFC Welsh XI

Sorry, I believe Boulter was a wing half?
 
Back
Top Bottom