Big George

readingbee

Well-known member
Joined
19 Feb 2001
Messages
10,454
Reaction score
4,798
Location
Cranleigh

Big George

Bangole

Not sure if I have spelt his name right...........however let's give this guy the biggest cheer we can on Sunday he did really well tonite and we need him to be at his best at the replay. So no Boos, laughs or loud baying when his name is announced as the Goalkeeper.. I am sure there will be some who do but lets tell them to shut the F##k up.
 

Big George

His full name is Ademole Bankole.

And he, no matter what other more sensible people say, is the fecking man.

I'd be happy to see 'Big George' playing sunday.

Then again, I'd like to see Fitzy play too.
 

Big George

George HAS to be the man on Sunday. He is very very unorthodox and just seems to get something in the way of most things.
 

Big George

...stay in your box George.........................
 

Big George

How many games does Nels miss? 1,2 or 3 ?:sad:

Bankole was superb last night by the way, claimed everything and got down to a couple of low ones.:sorted:
 

Big George

NorthamptonBee said:
How many games does Nels miss? 1,2 or 3 ?:sad:

Bankole was superb last night by the way, claimed everything and got down to a couple of low ones.:sorted:

:imwith: :cool:
 

Big George

readingbee said:
Not sure if I have spelt his name right...........however let's give this guy the biggest cheer we can on Sunday he did really well tonite and we need him to be at his best at the replay. So no Boos, laughs or loud baying when his name is announced as the Goalkeeper.. I am sure there will be some who do but lets tell them to shut the F##k up.


I agree ! i sit with a bunch of old men in New Road who love to moan and jeer players at any opportunity, with the stupid smart-ass comments about every little feature of a player. If I'm totally honest 1 day I'd love to sock them in the mouth and tell them to get behind the team, as it's the only 1 we've got.

Back to the point, let's get behind George !
 

Big George

NorthamptonBee said:
Bankole was superb last night by the way, claimed everything and got down to a couple of low ones.:sorted:
My MotM... in fact for that performance I'd jump him straight to the top of Player of the Season:bound: It could all have gone tits-up when Turner went. George made damn sure it didn't.
 

Big George

NorthamptonBee said:
How many games does Nels miss? 1,2 or 3 ?:sad:

3 games for a straight red, so if we lose on Sunday it would rule him out for the first 2 games of next season :(
 

Big George

Not necessarily.

Remember Turner only got one match for the sending off at Sheff Wed.

I think it is something to do with the severity of the crime but can't quite remember the wording - still tired after a late night returning home and a 7.00 start for work this a.m.!
 

Big George

Edmundo said:
His kicking is still absolutely appalling, though.

He is Nelsons coach and in my opinon and many people I have spoken to he is a better keeper but through experience.

36 is not over the hill for a keeper. He looked safe and confident!

I have lost count of the amount of Nelsons kicks that have gone wrong!

If he was crap would MA have him coaching?

Nelson will be a good keeper and will go far.

Big George will be in on Sunday so lets get behind him and the team!
 

Big George

Having met him and he trained one of my kids and he is a really nice fella lets give it the old "Bankole Bankole" Chant this Sunday.

Over excited Baz!:wave:
 

Big George

I've always thought he was alright. We can expect one or two dodgy kicks on Sunday but he'll be fine! Go on George!
 

Big George

it said on the radio that it was the lightest of touches or something, but in the paper MA said it was the only thing the ref got right all night

George is a good keeper, and probably a good person to have around, so hopefully his presence will boost moral
 

Big George

Who will be our keeper on the bench Sunday? If necessary can we get dispensation to loan a keeper for the match? Peter Cech or Carlo Cudicini aren't doing anything Sunday.
 

Big George

Wise old Bee said:
Who will be our keeper on the bench Sunday? If necessary can we get dispensation to loan a keeper for the match? Peter Cech or Carlo Cudicini aren't doing anything Sunday.


Paul Priddy:)
 

Big George

Big George is going to be our good luck talisman.

We've never lost a game in which he has played for us, as has been said, and he's actually a bloody good keeper and fast around the box for a big bloke.

C'mon Gorgeous George!
 

Big George

MA is going to apeal against the sending off! At least we know if it fails we have Big George!
 

Big George

Barry Proudfoot said:
MA is going to apeal against the sending off! At least we know if it fails we have Big George!

How is he going to appeal when he said on TV that it WAS a sending off?
George is a wonderful fella, remember when my little four year old was mascot, he made a massive fuss of him. I do get the sh*ts when he plays though, although credit where credit is due, he was superb last night.

Just hope it doesn't go to penalties! I've never seen him move for one yet!
 

Big George

Barry Proudfoot said:
MA is going to apeal against the sending off! At least we know if it fails we have Big George!
Martin has said the panel does not sit until Monday so Nelson plays on Sunday. If they uphold the decision and we are in the final - big Goerge will play at the Millennium!
 

Big George

NorthamptonBee said:
How many games does Nels miss? 1,2 or 3 ?:sad:

Bankole was superb last night by the way, claimed everything and got down to a couple of low ones.:sorted:

According to Martin's statement this morning, Nelson plays on Sunday !
 

Big George

Greenholme Bee said:
How is he going to appeal when he said on TV that it WAS a sending off?
George is a wonderful fella, remember when my little four year old was mascot, he made a massive fuss of him. I do get the sh*ts when he plays though, although credit where credit is due, he was superb last night.

Just hope it doesn't go to penalties! I've never seen him move for one yet!

MA's friday update is now on the OS. We're appealing Nelson's dismissal, and due to the Appeals Board not meeting until monday, Nelson can play sunday.

Feel a bit sad for Big George. :(

As for penalties, Gorgeous George's your man. Saved one against Charlton in a pre-season at GP and I've got a feeling saved another at some point.
 

Big George

Shrewd move by Martin. Irrespective of the outcome of the appeal, we have our first choice keeper for Sunday.

Feel a bit sorry for George, but then a bigger game is afoot than worrying about feelings. He knows that he has contributed to our success and Nelson has been a much better keeper this season (obvious howlers aside). His kicking has improved tremendously under Big George's tutilage.
 

Big George

Clarke Masters must be cacking himself ! Assuming we get to the final if all goes very pear shaped ie. Nelson banned, George is injured or has a ready made lasagne from Aldi on Friday night then he's in. I'm sure we would be allowed to get someone in on loan though, trouble is there probably all away on holiday now.
 

Big George

TW1Bee said:
Clarke Masters must be cacking himself ! Assuming we get to the final if all goes very pear shaped ie. Nelson banned, George is injured or has a ready made lasagne from Aldi on Friday night then he's in. I'm sure we would be allowed to get someone in on loan though, trouble is there probably all away on holiday now.
That's a good point. I think the league would allow a loan under those circumstances as Clark is still only a Scholar.
 

Big George

Nigel Brooks said:
Feel a bit sorry for George, but then a bigger game is afoot than worrying about feelings. He knows that he has contributed to our success and Nelson has been a much better keeper this season (obvious howlers aside). His kicking has improved tremendously under Big George's tutilage.

:imwith:

I hope that despite being back on the bench that George gets the massive cheer he deserves on Sunday afternoon when his name is read out!
 

Big George

Nigel Brooks said:
Shrewd move by Martin. Irrespective of the outcome of the appeal, we have our first choice keeper for Sunday.

Feel a bit sorry for George, but then a bigger game is afoot than worrying about feelings. He knows that he has contributed to our success and Nelson has been a much better keeper this season (obvious howlers aside). His kicking has improved tremendously under Big George's tutilage.

Nigel,
(this is going to get me some stick) I think Bankole is better! Nelson will be good eventually but I would rather have George in a penalty situation.

Baz
:wave:
 

Big George

he was superb last night, i was having kittens when he came on but credit to him some of the most assured catching i have seen in a long time, keep it up george
 

Big George

Barry Proudfoot said:
Nigel,
(this is going to get me some stick) I think Bankole is better! Nelson will be good eventually but I would rather have George in a penalty situation.

Baz
:wave:
In a penalty scenario, I would agree with you. But in all other situations, I would disagree. I know that the match on Sunday may come to penalties, but I would have more faith in Nelson in getting us to that stage than I would in George.

That's my perspective on it, but you'll probably disagree.:sorted:
 

Big George

alikat said:
In a penalty scenario, I would agree with you. But in all other situations, I would disagree. I know that the match on Sunday may come to penalties, but I would have more faith in Nelson in getting us to that stage than I would in George.

That's my perspective on it, but you'll probably disagree.:sorted:

lol agreed to disagree

Baz :D
 

Big George

Baz, are you George's secret love child? He reminds me of Calamity James, world class one minute, then an absolute howler. Remember the Hull game last year when he pulled off a Banksy class save and then started dribbling the ball in his own area around his own defenders.

Nelson Number 1
 

Big George

loyalbee said:
he was superb last night, i was having kittens when he came on but credit to him some of the most assured catching i have seen in a long time, keep it up george

I was having kittens when Nelson got the red as I didn't realise we had a sub keeper on the bench.

Then I saw the big number 31 and calmed down!
 

Big George

Ruislip Red said:
Baz, are you George's secret love child? He reminds me of Calamity James, world class one minute, then an absolute howler. Remember the Hull game last year when he pulled off a Banksy class save and then started dribbling the ball in his own area around his own defenders.

Nelson Number 1

Ruislip, That sea air is getting to you. His handling was superb I don't think Nelson should have been sent off but MA should stop him watching those Jackie Chan films on the coach.

I have given big George your new address put the kettle on as he is coming round to discuss your constructive critism ;)

Baz
 

Big George

Bankole was absoloute mint... If it stayed 1-0 I think it would have been a 10/10 :D
 

Big George

I'd Rather MA Play George & If It Get's To Penaltie's Bring On Nelson...
 

Big George

markbfc said:
Martin has said the panel does not sit until Monday so Nelson plays on Sunday. If they uphold the decision and we are in the final - big Goerge will play at the Millennium!

Last time we were at a playoff final I believe that George was on the winning side wasn't he?
 

Big George

Pete_the_Bee said:
His full name is Ademole Bankole.

And he, no matter what other more sensible people say, is the fecking man.

I'd be happy to see 'Big George' playing sunday.

Then again, I'd like to see Fitzy play too.


:imwith:....and as I put on another thread last week, amid much mirth....

.....the other player I suggested was Dobson......I guess two out of three ain't bad
 

Big George

I thought both keepers were sound as a pound last night but as I can't help touching cloth every time the ball goes near George, Nelson remains my no.1
 
Back
Top Bottom