General Billy Gilmour

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibs

Well-known member
Joined
6 Jun 2001
Messages
38,777
Reaction score
19,871
Location
I AM a location

Billy Gilmour

With the Chelsea midfielder outstanding again, as he has been every time he plays for Chelsea AND Lampard hinting he might send him out on loan this month, he would be an incredible signing for us.

We play the way that suits him, he is an upgrade on Jensen at this level, we'd treat him well, would be no major upheaval from his personal circumstances and I think it could push us to automatic top two.

I know we don't do loans, but this would have a huge amount of short term benefits.
 

Billy Gilmour

Would definitely take him. A massive upgrade on Jensen.
 

Billy Gilmour

I think a couple of loans would help the squad massively, we’re looking a bit thin at the moment until we get the injured players back and every point is vital.
 

Billy Gilmour

As I said he hinted he MIGHT send him out on loan. Clearly hasnt totally ruled it out. And if he goes to a club outside the PL I can't think of a more appropriate one then us.

“In the short term for me, looking at things, he won’t be going out on loan. Of course, we’ll keep that slightly open until the end of the month but
 

Billy Gilmour

With the Chelsea midfielder outstanding again, as he has been every time he plays for Chelsea AND Lampard hinting he might send him out on loan this month, he would be an incredible signing for us.

We play the way that suits him, he is an upgrade on Jensen at this level, we'd treat him well, would be no major upheaval from his personal circumstances and I think it could push us to automatic top two.

I know we don't do loans, but this would have a huge amount of short term benefits.


Exactly what I was thinking - very good for him because of the style of football we play and very good for us because he is without doubt a very good footballer.
 

Billy Gilmour

As I said he hinted he MIGHT send him out on loan. Clearly hasnt totally ruled it out. And if he goes to a club outside the PL I can't think of a more appropriate one then us.

“In the short term for me, looking at things, he won’t be going out on loan. Of course, we’ll keep that slightly open until the end of the month but

Not as short as you realised eh Frank?!
 

Billy Gilmour

I saw a piece claiming that both Brentford and Middlesborough have expressed an interest in signing BG on loan.
Might be nonsense, but who knows ?
 

Billy Gilmour

I saw a piece claiming that both Brentford and Middlesborough have expressed an interest in signing BG on loan.
Might be nonsense, but who knows ?
Surely we would be favourites over boro
 

Billy Gilmour

I would have thought there would be PL interest but if this is possible bring it on!

Also don't Tuchel and MB have an existing relationship which could help us...
 

Billy Gilmour

Yeah, you would hope we were the more attractive of the two.......
And also local !
Goes against our policy somewhat although maybe club think that if Tuchel looks to buy in success that if all went well not impossible a deal could be done to buy him at season end. A long shot i know.
 

Billy Gilmour

What sort of player is he? Never seen him play
 

Billy Gilmour

I reckon half a season with us will do him (and us) the world of good ?
 

Billy Gilmour

As good as Billy is...I can't see this being a thing. We've got Jensen, JDS, Ghoddos, Marcondes, Zamburek in those 2 more attacking midfield slots. We don't need to spend any money on him when we need to spend on other positions. Such as wide forward, where we're short. In fact, I'd say that is pretty much it.
 

Billy Gilmour

SSN says Gilmour staying put
 

Billy Gilmour

Don't think we need a CM anyway, that's why the Lerager rumour surprised me a little. We've covered CB now (and well) and hopefully we get a winger in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom