Blackpool vs Cardiff

Blackpool vs Cardiff

New Cardiff owner (to be)has his finger on the pulse!

"But at the end of the day there's only one winner, but today there were two. Cardiff City to get up there through all its struggles, all its financial struggles - and believe me they were hard - no-one wants to be in this position. :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8698927.stm
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

**** cardiff, genuinely a town full to the brim of utter utter ****s, very happy for blackpool :sorted:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

New Cardiff owner (to be)has his finger on the pulse!

"But at the end of the day there's only one winner, but today there were two. Cardiff City to get up there through all its struggles, all its financial struggles - and believe me they were hard - no-one wants to be in this position. :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8698927.stm

I wouldn't pay much attention to post match interviews. Journalists either ask the most vacuous questions or sneaky loaded ones.

What was more laughable was Ridsdale on 5Live before hand, asked about the financial position and his contribution to it "People go on about the debt, as if we didn't have any before I got here, in years to come people will realise what we have achieved" (He hands over control on Thursday)

Honestly, he should win awards for his chutzpah and brassneck. They've had god knows how many winding up orders and last minute stays of execution from the High Court and he swans around as if he's Warren Buffet!

The VAT man should issue a statement that any club foolish enough to let him get involved with them after CCFC, Leeds and Barnsleys travails, is going to get precisely 0% sympathy from them when they invariably end up meeting again at the High Court.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

...................well done Ollie..................
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Swansea, Chester, Wrexham and Newport are also under them?

Chester is in Cheshire, England. The fact that part of the Deva Stadium pitch is in Wales appears to be neither here nor there!
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

If a group of fans had started singing the national anthem just before the match, there is a good chance most of the stadium would have latched on and joined in

I very much doubt it as at least 75% of the Blackpool support must have made up of people who do not regularly go to games
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

**** cardiff, genuinely a town full to the brim of utter utter ****s, very happy for blackpool :sorted:

I've never been to Ninian Park, and can appreciate they can be utter bastards. But on our two trips to the Millenium I found the locals to be very friendly. The City centre to be a great spot with good boozers, and fine women. :D
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Chester is in Cheshire, England. The fact that part of the Deva Stadium pitch is in Wales appears to be neither here nor there!

I think the fact that Chester City used to compete regularly in the Welsh Cup might have some bearing.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Well Done Blackpool. and Ollie.

Also, i cant quite put my finger on it but for some reason i absolutely despise Michael Chopra. really grates on me...
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

This was a great game and popping in out while doing the BBQ to see Blackpool win made my day :sorted: Til the evening and my home country's team lost in the CL final :sad: Never mind got my Kraut shirt and hat ready for the World Cup :wave:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Chester is in Cheshire, England. The fact that part of the Deva Stadium pitch is in Wales appears to be neither here nor there!

I posted it because Chester use to play in the Welsh Cup when they were in the football league:shrug:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I think Chester'll be lucky to play in any league these days..... :wave:

Kicking off next season in the North West Counties League (AKA Vodkat League) as Chester FC, still at Deva Stadium and now a proper Fans owned trust club. Best of luck to them now they're finally free of the pariah that was Stephen Vaughan.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Kicking off next season in the North West Counties League (AKA Vodkat League) as Chester FC, still at Deva Stadium and now a proper Fans owned trust club. Best of luck to them now they're finally free of the pariah that was Stephen Vaughan.

Agree wholeheartedly. Hope they do an 'Alders**t'. BTW, what equivalent league in the south equates to NW Counties?
Thanks to those posters who put me right re FAW. Hadn't realised the historical background.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Kicking off next season in the North West Counties League (AKA Vodkat League) as Chester FC, still at Deva Stadium and now a proper Fans owned trust club. Best of luck to them now they're finally free of the pariah that was Stephen Vaughan.

sh!t club, no fans.
I hope they never get back into the football league.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I believe...

That a man will one day walk on mars, that Nick Griffin will convert to islam, that Elvis is still alive and running a kebab shop in Willesden, but Ben Burgess a Premiership player???

My bet with William Hill that Brentford will win the premiership by 2020 is looking better everyday.:eek:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Hmm ok maybe my memory is playing tricks with me, perhaps it was because they were in the Semi's and may have got through to the final. Or maybe I'm losing it and we did sing the national anthem?? :confused:

The only song I remember from that day is bloody "Delilah"......
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Blackpool vs Cardiff

And PG singing Hey Jude, too those of us who bothered to turn up.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That day was an embarrassment to the club.

What could have been oine of our finest hours was one of our darkest.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Well done Blackpool, chuffed for Olly, BBB and Dj. Fully deserved it, took the game to them throughout and were terrier like in closing down.

In other news - People banging on about Cardiff "shouldn't be in the English Football League = Massively small time in my opinion.

They've been in it since at least as long as Brentford have, along with half a dozen or so other Welsh clubs. It's called 'The Football League' by the way, no 'English' prefix.

Is this a hot topic in Scotland with Berwick? Or the County Championship with Glamorgan? I dunno, it's incredibly tiresome though.

Mate - it'd be tiresome, I agree, except for the fact that Cardiff fans (particularly) give it the 'We hate England' equally tiresome nonsense 24/7. Haven't you seen their 'Welsh Not British' flags, their flirtation with extreme nationalism under that clown Hammam, and their serious hooligan element which went unchecked at Ninian Park for literally decades.

BTW it's the Englahs and Welsh Cricket Board (hence Glamorgan play in it) and Berwick froms the border between Scotland and England, with parts of the traditional town now north of the border.

My now wife and I got attacked near South Ealing tube station by their scum supporters after a Bees vs Cardiff match in the early 90s - four blokes onto just me. So I hate them with a passion. But whether or not they should play in an English league is neither here nor there now - they're going bust big time. See ya boyos :D:wave:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I very much doubt it as at least 75% of the Blackpool support must have made up of people who do not regularly go to games

Blackpool - the new Fulham?

(Note - please change the percentage to 99% - 1% for Fulham)

Hope this helps.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

What a stupid thing to say.

Chester are a nothing, going nowhere club with very little to offer the football league. Brentford v Chester, this will always be a fixtrure that plenty of us have bunked off cos of its crap appeal. Chesters away support hardly helps the finances of any host club.
I don't care about the Chesters, Morecambes, Macclesfields and Dagenhams,
rubbish clubs that are suited more for non league.

Not such a stoopid comment IMO:)
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Chester are a nothing, going nowhere club with very little to offer the football league. Brentford v Chester, this will always be a fixtrure that plenty of us have bunked off cos of its crap appeal. Chesters away support hardly helps the finances of any host club.
I don't care about the Chesters, Morecambes, Macclesfields and Dagenhams,
rubbish clubs that are suited more for non league.

Not such a stoopid comment IMO:)
Maybe not just stupid but also pretty arrogant and short sighted IMO.

Chester have finally shed themselves of the Vaughan family ownership and are now a new club who could soon arise out of the ahes like Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon did.

I think it is great the the Football league is no longer a closed shop and most of the newly promoted clubs have been a breath of fresh air.

2.5 seasons ago it looked like we were on our way out of the league to join some of the apparent no hopers you mentioned and who knows how far we would of fallen. .

However small a club is it is important to its local community.

BTW we could well be playing one of your so called rubbish clubs next season in Dagenham and last time we played them they gave us a good hiding.

There but for the grace of God go us!
 
Last edited:

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Chester are a nothing, going nowhere club with very little to offer the football league. Brentford v Chester, this will always be a fixtrure that plenty of us have bunked off cos of its crap appeal. Chesters away support hardly helps the finances of any host club.
I don't care about the Chesters, Morecambes, Macclesfields and Dagenhams,
rubbish clubs that are suited more for non league.

Not such a stoopid comment IMO:)

It's still a football club and we should hope they all survive as I would hope others would feel the same for Brentford. It's not the club that's arrogant and crap but the owners. The fans deserve more and need our support. Saying you don't care about 'rubbish' clubs like Chester et al is pathetic. They have as much right to be here as Brentford and you can be sure there are plenty of fans in England who see Brentford as a 'rubbish' club.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Good luck to Blackpool and to Ian Holloway in the top flight. In all honesty I think they will be relegated fairly swiftly as I can't see them attracting too many "big" names. I wonder if they will try and complete the missing 4th side of the ground before August!
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

It's still a football club and we should hope they all survive as I would hope others would feel the same for Brentford. It's not the club that's arrogant and crap but the owners. The fans deserve more and need our support. Saying you don't care about 'rubbish' clubs like Chester et al is pathetic. They have as much right to be here as Brentford and you can be sure there are plenty of fans in England who see Brentford as a 'rubbish' club.

:imwith:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I think the fact that Chester City used to compete regularly in the Welsh Cup might have some bearing.

Bristol City and Tranmere Rovers have also competed in the Welsh Cup.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Maybe not just stupid but also pretty arrogant and short sighted IMO.

Chester have finally shed themselves of the Vaughan family ownership and are now a new club who could soon arise out of the ahes like Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon did.

I think it is great the the Football league is no longer a closed shop and most of the newly promoted clubs have been a breath of fresh air.

2.5 seasons ago it looked like we were on our way out of the league to join some of the apparent no hopers you mentioned and who knows how far we would of fallen. .

However small a club is it is important to its local community.

BTW we could well be playing one of your so called rubbish clubs next season in Dagenham and last time we played them they gave us a good hiding.

There but for the grace of God go us!

Well, if you're happy watching these small clubs coming to GP, that's fine.
We will always struggle to bring the crowds in playing the likes of Chester etc.
Dagenham may have spanked us, but they couldn't even get the bloody floodlights to work the first time around. When we did eventually play them, the lights went out when we were leaving the ground:nono:
As I said, more suited to non league.
You can take your Barnet as well, crap club, uneven pitch and very little support. If you enjoy Brentford playing against these non leaguers that's you business, I would prefer to be playing against proper clubs who play decent football, have good grounds and fill our away end when they visit.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

It's still a football club and we should hope they all survive as I would hope others would feel the same for Brentford. It's not the club that's arrogant and crap but the owners. The fans deserve more and need our support. Saying you don't care about 'rubbish' clubs like Chester et al is pathetic. They have as much right to be here as Brentford and you can be sure there are plenty of fans in England who see Brentford as a 'rubbish' club.

Barnet have got a great owner, doesn't mean I want them to stay in the football league.

These clubs are rubbish and are better suited playing the likes of Rushden & Diamonds.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

We will always struggle to bring the crowds in playing the likes of Chester etc.
Dagenham may have spanked us, but they couldn't even get the bloody floodlights to work the first time around.

How excited do you think Huddersfield, Oldham and Tranmere fans get by the prospect of a game against us? It will be one of the least attractive fixtures of the season from their perspective.

And talking of floodlight failures; do you remember the lights going out at GP in 1991? The visiting supporters probably went home grumbling about us being 'more suited to non league'. Who were they? Ah yes, Barnet :D

Every club, league and non league, regardless of size, is vital to its local community and the FL should be a meritocracy -if you're good enough on the pitch then you deserve to be there. If you're not then you don't (hello Luton :wave:)
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Barnet have got a great owner, doesn't mean I want them to stay in the football league.

These clubs are rubbish and are better suited playing the likes of Rushden & Diamonds.

Too right, big clubs like Luton should be in the FL instead of poxy little clubs like Barnet.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

How excited do you think Huddersfield, Oldham and Tranmere fans get by the prospect of a game against us? It will be one of the least attractive fixtures of the season from their perspective.

And talking of floodlight failures; do you remember the lights going out at GP in 1991? The visiting supporters probably went home grumbling about us being 'more suited to non league'. Who were they? Ah yes, Barnet :D

Every club, league and non league, regardless of size, is vital to its local community and the FL should be a meritocracy -if you're good enough on the pitch then you deserve to be there. If you're not then you don't (hello Luton :wave:)

I do believe that Hudders fans love coming to GP.
They always turn up and enjoy the drinking holes available.
I think you will find many bigger clubs fans do actually like Brentford,
which is a proper club with a bit of history.
I would sooner have the likes of Luton back in the league than the other
clubs mentioned before.
Even if we had floodlight failure 20 YEARS AGO ????? people like you seem to think it's okay catorgorising BFC at the same level:nono:
How many Barnet Bees would have travelled to us that night ? 250 maybe.
Non Leaguers, I wish they had gone out rather than Grimsby.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I do believe that Hudders fans love coming to GP.
They always turn up and enjoy the drinking holes available.
I think you will find many bigger clubs fans do actually like Brentford,
which is a proper club with a bit of history.
I would sooner have the likes of Luton back in the league than the other
clubs mentioned before.
Even if we had floodlight failure 20 YEARS AGO ????? people like you seem to think it's okay catorgorising BFC at the same level:nono:
How many Barnet Bees would have travelled to us that night ? 250 maybe.
Non Leaguers, I wish they had gone out rather than Grimsby.

I support a bigger club and I like Brentford. ;)
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Too right, big clubs like Luton should be in the FL instead of poxy little clubs like Barnet.

Yes mate, I'd sooner see us playing Luton rather than Barnet, Rushden or even Stevenage.

Some people on here seem to be a bit protective towards our little clubs,
let's face it, most fans stay away from these fixtures and have a sick day:sorted: They do nothing for our coffers either:nono:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I support a bigger club and I like Brentford. ;)

Top man:sorted:

I always turn up at your place, a proper football league fixture.

Luton v Brentford

This lot will start ranting about saving clubs and that I'm arrogant.
The same people who slagged off Luton and cheered when you went
out of the league.

Good luck next season:sorted:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

We will always struggle to bring the crowds in playing the likes of Chester etc.

Doesn't that mean that the LEague should be based on attendances then? Which means that we'd be somewhere around the top pf the lowest Division.

Certainly, football is a business and therefore intrinsically unfair, but the whole basis of the League is that any team should be able to get from nowhere to the top as in Northampton and the old Wimbledon, and I applaud Blackpool, Burnley etc for still being able to achieve that. Why shouldn't Chester, D&R and Barnet be allowed to do the same?

A good manager and good Board, and the sky's the limit for any club.

In any case, teams have ups and downs in attendances, mostly through performance although there can be other factors - in 1971-2 we had two gates of over 18,000 and had an average of 10,000; Palace had a gate of over 50,000 aganist Burnely (!) in 1979. Neither of us can do the same because of legal limits on attendance; others can't reach the heights because of moving grounds or improved transport to the big boys.

We can't base our status on the 1930s or 1972. We are a relatively small club based on attendances, and yet we have the same right to play United or Arsenal as do clubs with even fewer people through the turnstiles. Any other view is that of a Premier League top dog - and yes, I do expect that to be put forward in the future over and over again.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

This lot will start ranting about saving clubs and that I'm arrogant.
I don't think you're arrogant westwing but it is does appear that you do not fully understand the dynamics of the process. The way a club gets to play against bigger clubs is by gaining promotion, not by throwing out other clubs of its own size or smaller.

It's healthy that every football club has the dream of climbing the ladder to the big time. Green Bay is one of the smaller city in the US yet has one of the most consistently successful records and draws fans from every corner of the state of Wisconsin.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Mate - it'd be tiresome, I agree, except for the fact that Cardiff fans (particularly) give it the 'We hate England' equally tiresome nonsense 24/7. Haven't you seen their 'Welsh Not British' flags, their flirtation with extreme nationalism under that clown Hammam, and their serious hooligan element which went unchecked at Ninian Park for literally decades.

no argument from me re their fans, their bullies pure and simple. I well remember them turning up with 4,000 on Boxing Day 98, kicking off with all and sundry for no reason, punching OAP's in the Ealing Road etc (although I did smile a little at there "We got you surrounded" chant, mainly cause I was safe in New Road, and also cause of their ridiculous accent. And then the following season when we played them in the League above, while they were on their way down they brought less than 200.

BTW it's the Englahs and Welsh Cricket Board (hence Glamorgan play in it) and Berwick froms the border between Scotland and England, with parts of the traditional town now north of the border.

I had hoped I'd get away with the E&WCB one, and that no one would notice, no flies on you ;) You get my point though?

My now wife and I got attacked near South Ealing tube station by their scum supporters after a Bees vs Cardiff match in the early 90s - four blokes onto just me. So I hate them with a passion. But whether or not they should play in an English league is neither here nor there now - they're going bust big time. See ya boyos :D:wave:
Genuinely sorry to hear that, see my point Re Bullies above.
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I've never got ove the fact that we only took 9K to Cardiff when we played Stoke, maybe we should be thrown out the football league as were a small club aswell:rolleyes:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Every league/division has it's bigger and smaller clubs. In our 1 and only sojourn into 2nd tier football in recent times, we were most definitely 1 of the smaller clubs. Judging by some of the comments on here, we would have had no right to be there with the 'bigger' boys. We (perhaps I) thoroughly enjoyed mixing it with them. Does this mean fans of other 'smaller than us' clubs should be denied that 'excitement'? Think of Stevenage and Blackpool fans next season. Isn't it 'the dream' that all small clubs dream about?
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

I've never got ove the fact that we only took 9K to Cardiff when we played Stoke, maybe we should be thrown out the football league as were a small club aswell:rolleyes:

Get over it !!
We all know why nobody went to Cardiff.
RON NOADES had already dismantled the winning team and anyone
with half a brain knew that it was going to be more doom and gloom.
There was hardly a party atmoshere in our camp.

Bring on Wembley next season and 40,000 Brentford in fine voice:sorted:
 

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Mind you..seeing some of those Bardiff fans in the crowd....I think they must have a touch of the Pikey in them somewhere...lol....YOU REDS....
 
Back
Top Bottom