bournemouth away

saffrey

Active member
Joined
19 Sep 2000
Messages
3,109
Reaction score
1
Location
London / Nuneaton

bournemouth away

booked my train ticket for this one - it's the only away game i can get to at least this side of christmas, so thought i'd make the trek down to the south coast... see you all there!
 

bournemouth away

saffrey said:
booked my train ticket for this one - it's the only away game i can get to at least this side of christmas, so thought i'd make the trek down to the south coast... see you all there!

Will deff be there for this one.
Good day out and three points for the Bees.
Ground has changed a bit since I last went there.

:)
 

bournemouth away

For anyone in the London or Reading area

Virgin Trains direct to Bournemouth

9.48 arriving at 11.12

last direct return 19.38 arriving at Reading 21.31

Cheap day return £21.20 but if booked 7 days in advance £13.00.
 

bournemouth away

Thanks Vicky. This is exactly the sort of information we usually rely on nocoat for. I'm contemplating an overnighter as that looks rather early to be leaving the Dorset hotspot!
 

bournemouth away

Edmundo said:
Thanks Vicky. This is exactly the sort of information we usually rely on nocoat for. I'm contemplating an overnighter as that looks rather early to be leaving the Dorset hotspot!

There's loads of trains on the Waterloo - Poole/Weymouth line Ed. I think that the last one up to London is about 11.30pm.

Keith
 

bournemouth away

Edmundo said:
Thanks Vicky. This is exactly the sort of information we usually rely on nocoat for. I'm contemplating an overnighter as that looks rather early to be leaving the Dorset hotspot!

cant be arsed anymore lol one season is enough for davey! :D

And it would appear that Keith has confirmed that Vicky is to be trusted with sorting out our awaydays :thumbs:
 

bournemouth away

The one away game I can definately get too bearing in mind only 7 miles to travel. Looks like I've persuaded the kids and 'other half' as well so 6 of us making the short journey.
 

bournemouth away

Not sure whether we'll be doing the route from Reading or from Waterloo.

I think £13 looks good from Reading but I might be able to get it cheaper.
 

bournemouth away

West Ealing Bee said:
Not sure whether we'll be doing the route from Reading or from Waterloo.

I think £13 looks good from Reading but I might be able to get it cheaper.

If anyone finds cheaper deals from London let me know as I am probably closer to London, Reading was just the option I found.
 

bournemouth away

Ok have found out the London option.

London Waterloo - Bournemouth

£16.60 Apex cheap day return.

9.00am - 11.00am

Have to specify the times when you book and it depends if you need to get another train home from Waterloo afterwards.

19.57 Bournemouth, arrives at Waterloo 22.15
21.05 Bournemouth, arrives at Waterloo 23.23

I know the last train from Waterloo into Twickenham/ Staines etc is 23.48, which is cutting it abit fine on the later option.
 

bournemouth away

The nearest station is Pokesdown, which complicates matters slightly. I'm not sure how far it is from Bournemouth station, probably a decent cab ride.

You can't get to Pokesdown from Reading on Virgin Trains, and you can't get cheap tickets from Waterloo to Pokesdown either, cheapest is about £30.

The APEX Vicky mention don't appear to be on sale yet from Waterloo to Bournemouth anyway. Either that or they are sold out.
 

bournemouth away

West Ealing Bee said:
The nearest station is Pokesdown, which complicates matters slightly. I'm not sure how far it is from Bournemouth station, probably a decent cab ride.

You can't get to Pokesdown from Reading on Virgin Trains, and you can't get cheap tickets from Waterloo to Pokesdown either, cheapest is about £30.

The APEX Vicky mention don't appear to be on sale yet from Waterloo to Bournemouth anyway. Either that or they are sold out.

They don't go on sale until 6-8 weeks b4 so should be anytime now.
They are definetly not on sale yet though.

Will investigate more, u can tell I'm bored!
 

bournemouth away

ok it's only 4 minutes on a train between the two stations so will probably be not much at all in a cab.

sorted!
 

bournemouth away

it's about 1.5 miles from the ground to the station/town centre. Pokedown is about 10 minutes walk from the ground.
 

bournemouth away

saffrey said:
Pokedown is about 10 minutes walk from the ground.

:eek: :eek: :bound: :bound:

Count me in for a Pokedown :yes:
 

bournemouth away

Vicky B said:
Ok have found out the London option.

London Waterloo - Bournemouth

£16.60 Apex cheap day return.

9.00am - 11.00am

Have to specify the times when you book and it depends if you need to get another train home from Waterloo afterwards.

19.57 Bournemouth, arrives at Waterloo 22.15
21.05 Bournemouth, arrives at Waterloo 23.23

I know the last train from Waterloo into Twickenham/ Staines etc is 23.48, which is cutting it abit fine on the later option.

Cutting it fine??? but where in Waterloo does it take 25 minutes to get from one platform to another????:confused:
 

bournemouth away

Hole in the Wall to Platform 18 :yes:
 

bournemouth away

I love that boozer frequent there most lunch times!

Still no 25 minutes trek though!
:nono:
 

bournemouth away

I no that but everytime I've travelled back from an away game there's been some sort of delay or cancellation of some kind.
 

bournemouth away

You shouldnt smash up the train then Vicky!:nono: ;)
 

bournemouth away

Paulo Bee said:
I!

Still no 25 minutes trek though!
:nono:


depends how much you have left to drink :beer:
 

bournemouth away

Vicky B said:
I have never done no such thing
:nono:

ahem, handcuffs, wycombe?? :thumbs: alcopops everywhere :nono:
 

bournemouth away

nocoat said:
ahem, handcuffs, wycombe?? :thumbs: alcopops everywhere :nono:


Ye but i didn't touch the train, can't help it if a know such vandals!!

Everytime I get on the train for an away match there's problems.
Huddlesfield,Cheltenham, Tranmere to name a few!

Trouble just seems to follow me.
 

bournemouth away

Vicky B said:
I no that but everytime I've travelled back from an away game there's been some sort of delay or cancellation of some kind.

If you miss your last train because of a delay or cancellation the train company has a responsibility to get you home, in a cab if needed.

Many Bees get cabs from Virgin Trains regularly.
 

bournemouth away

i already made this thread a month or 2 back.
I will be there so say hello :wave:
 

bournemouth away

West Ealing Bee said:
If you miss your last train because of a delay or cancellation the train company has a responsibility to get you home, in a cab if needed.

Many Bees get cabs from Virgin Trains regularly.


No worries.
21.05 train back from Bournemouth it is then!
 

bournemouth away

Glad i cleared that up!
 

bournemouth away

-superbees2k3- said:
i already made this thread a month or 2 back.
I will be there so say hello :wave:


yeah but you KEEP saying that kidda :rolleyes:
 

bournemouth away

nocoat said:
yeah but you KEEP saying that kidda :rolleyes:

You can talk ive never seen you at game Mr Coat!!!:nono: :nono: ;)
 

bournemouth away

did you go to Blackburn away in 89 Vicky B?
 

bournemouth away

sex case :rolleyes:
 

bournemouth away

turtle said:
did you go to Blackburn away in 89 Vicky B?

Go on you have me curious, why do you ask this?
 

bournemouth away

nothing sinister,

Just wondered if it was her fault the train back was so late, which meant that I missed out on 10 pints of Stella at Ealing Broadway.
 

bournemouth away

turtle said:
nothing sinister,

Just wondered if it was her fault the train back was so late, which meant that I missed out on 10 pints of Stella at Ealing Broadway.

who remembers the pikeys stoning the train when we stopped outside their ''camp' somewhere near acton.........saw 10 year old with a right f£$l off looking catapult..........could ave ad someones eye out:eek: :nono:

:D
 

bournemouth away

if anyone is really bored could you give me some idea of how much the journey would cost travelling to bournemouth from manchester? (could spend the night in london if need be) I have a young persons railcard.

I just feel lazy! lol
 

bournemouth away

www.thetrainline.com

probably tight getting back after the game.

It cost me £18 one way from Newcastle (returning by coach via London)

Might not be many cheap tickets left though...

Just to let you know, you can go anywhere for £10 by coach in November with a Student Coachcard - www.nationalexpress.co.uk
 

bournemouth away

planning a weekender, but it might not happen - Bee H, i still want those chips u promised me last time :bound:
 

bournemouth away

I will be there as I have just brought my train tickets

Unfortunately I won't be there in the morning as I manage my own side saturday morning

But my timetable is

READING 12.48
BOURNEMOUTH 14.13

BOURNEMOUTH 17.38
READING 19.01

Cost £8.60 rtn (£4.30 single) with YPRC

Won't be staying there as I will be out that night at a early xmas party





:wave: :wave:
 

bournemouth away

Dan the Bee said:
Bee H, i still want those chips u promised me last time

sorry DtB, no Harry Ramsden's this time round - I'll be enjoying a different coastal resort that particular weekend ! ;

p.s. just for WarrenBee !
 
Back
Top Bottom