Bristol Rovers

stoney04

Active member
Joined
14 Sep 2005
Messages
3,859
Reaction score
1
Location
Brentford

Bristol Rovers

Just been on thier site to check whether my boss and another colleage would need to purchase a ticket in advance for the away seats as they are rover fans, and they dont they can pay on the day, was suprised by this as they have always bought a big crowd to GP, i can see some of them being situated in family stand or something.
going to be a big game and big crowd i reckon!
 

Bristol Rovers

My family and some friends, who are Rovers supporters, reckon they will bring at least 1500. This wouldn't surprise me as when they have a little success they are a well supported side. They also reckon a certain Mr. Wilson will be in for some stick. I would love him to score to shut them up. Obviously the City element of family and friends are preying that we stuff them.
 

Bristol Rovers

I would imagine they'll almost sell out the away end.Havent played us for ages,trip to London and theyre doing well,plus they dont like onions.
 

Bristol Rovers

I would imagine they'll almost sell out the away end.Havent played us for ages,trip to London and theyre doing well,plus they dont like onions.

remember they always use to fill the away end when in ealing road and part of new road
 

Bristol Rovers

I'm sure the club know what they are doing. There was always going to be a few matches this season where the club could not afford to make it all ticket for everyone, because the home fans wouldn't turn up. Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Millwall spring to mind. (I can't see how you can control/police all ticket for away fans & pay on the day home fans, it's all or nothing)

The only all ticket games this season will be Southampton, Leeds, Charlton. Plus Hartlepool ;)
 

Bristol Rovers

Looking forward to Saturday-good atmosphere and a big, loud away following.
 

Bristol Rovers

I'm sure the club know what they are doing. There was always going to be a few matches this season where the club could not afford to make it all ticket for everyone, because the home fans wouldn't turn up. Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Millwall spring to mind. (I can't see how you can control/police all ticket for away fans & pay on the day home fans, it's all or nothing)

The only all ticket games this season will be Southampton, Leeds, Charlton. Plus Hartlepool ;)

saying suprised its not for the away end not the home as well, like how the norwich game was
 

Bristol Rovers

I would imagine they'll almost sell out the away end.Havent played us for ages,trip to London and theyre doing well,plus they dont like onions.

........................don't remember Havant playing us for ages.......................
 

Bristol Rovers

Let's just hope that the full up signs don't go up outside Brook Road at twenty to three....& you've then got a couple of hundred tanked up Gasheads wandering around GP trying to get in. I reckon they will bring over 2,000. Remember Cardiff.
 

Bristol Rovers

& you've then got a couple of hundred tanked up Gasheads wandering around GP trying to get in. I reckon they will bring over 2,000. Remember Cardiff.

pun-tastic mate lol
 

Bristol Rovers

Let's just hope that the full up signs don't go up outside Brook Road at twenty to three....& you've then got a couple of hundred tanked up Gasheads wandering around GP trying to get in. I reckon they will bring over 2,000. Remember Cardiff.

Rather different situation - this is early season and not a holiday weekend. That was New Year during a tough promotion battle that had already panned out to be likely to have 3 clubs fighting for the championship.
 

Bristol Rovers

Quote from Joe Kuffour, "The fans loved me when I was playing for them but i'm not sure what kind of reception i'll get". I really hope people don't boo him, gave his all in a crap team and left when Butcher arrived, don't blame him!

I'm trying to remember the last time we played them at GP in the league, seems like ages, 2000-2001 would be my guess? And don't they have a really good recent record against us? That 6-2 game springs to mind.
 

Bristol Rovers

Quote from Joe Kuffour, "The fans loved me when I was playing for them but i'm not sure what kind of reception i'll get". I really hope people don't boo him, gave his all in a crap team and left when Butcher arrived, don't blame him!

I'm trying to remember the last time we played them at GP in the league, seems like ages, 2000-2001 would be my guess? And don't they have a really good recent record against us? That 6-2 game springs to mind.

Unless the home crowd is substantially less generous than the 319 at Huddersfield I'd be surprised if Kuffour got less than a round of applause when his name is read out.

That 6-2 game was terrible - I'd had to work that Bank Holiday but managed to drive over from the City to get there and ended up wishing I'd stayed in the office.

A nice bit of trivia is that Andy Scott managed to play and score in two 6-2 defeats by Bristol Rovers in the league that season as Oxford suffered the same fate later that season. I wonder if he remembers...
 
Last edited:

Bristol Rovers

Quote from Joe Kuffour, "The fans loved me when I was playing for them but i'm not sure what kind of reception i'll get". I really hope people don't boo him, gave his all in a crap team and left when Butcher arrived, don't blame him!

I'm trying to remember the last time we played them at GP in the league, seems like ages, 2000-2001 would be my guess? And don't they have a really good recent record against us? That 6-2 game springs to mind.

He deserves a good reception-he gave his all in a spectacularly inept,gutless team. I felt for him toward the end of that season when some of the crowd understandably turned against the 'team'.
Best of luck Jo-but after Saturday:wave:
 

Bristol Rovers

My Mum's partner's Son is a Rovers fan and he is coming along with 9 Dutch Gas heads.
 

Bristol Rovers

Quote from Joe Kuffour, "The fans loved me when I was playing for them but i'm not sure what kind of reception i'll get". I really hope people don't boo him, gave his all in a crap team and left when Butcher arrived, don't blame him!

.

Didn't he skip the end of the season with a dubious injury so as not to ruin his dream move to muff? I may be doing his a disservice there though. He was ok but not great, I think I'll be welcoming him back by asking him why he hasn't got Rovers relegated like every other club he's been at
 

Bristol Rovers

Looking forward to Saturday-good atmosphere and a big, loud away following.

He did miss a few games towards the end of that season, but who can blame him.
 

Bristol Rovers

can foresee big problems saturday if it isnt all ticket for rovers:cool:...........will defo fill the away end and no doubt there'll be other dotted round the stands.......its a big game for them........doing well and comparitively localish.......and they were always more 'problematic' than city throughout the last 30 years ;)...........the stories i could tell yers:sorted:lol

8,000 plus saturday.........mark my words:sorted:
 

Bristol Rovers

can foresee big problems saturday if it isnt all ticket for rovers:cool:...........will defo fill the away end and no doubt there'll be other dotted round the stands.......its a big game for them........doing well and comparitively localish.......and they were always more 'problematic' than city throughout the last 30 years ;)...........the stories i could tell yers:sorted:lol

8,000 plus saturday.........mark my words:sorted:

:sorted:

your right mate thats why i started this thread, spoke to a few mates and they are bringing mates that are coming with mates that live loacally!
 

Bristol Rovers

hopefully a BUMPER crowd at griffin park.

i have asked before but when was the brook road terracing capacity reduced so drastically??? still 636 seats obviously but we used to cram 1,637 in the terracing - sometimes quite a lot more when birmingham, pompey, luton, west brom fans etc came to town and it wasn't all ticket ;) :cool: :nono: :rolleyes:
 

Bristol Rovers

I can't believe that the terrace holds as many as that.

The area around the tea bar and toilets is very narrow.
 

Bristol Rovers

3-1 to the Super Bees.
Bean
Mac
O'Connor (penalty)
7,500
 

Bristol Rovers

how many bristol rovers threads we gonna have, still got the prediction one to come if smiffy surfaces today or tomorrow!

2-1 bees
 

Bristol Rovers

Quote from Joe Kuffour, "The fans loved me when I was playing for them but i'm not sure what kind of reception i'll get". I really hope people don't boo him, gave his all in a crap team and left when Butcher arrived, don't blame him!

I'm trying to remember the last time we played them at GP in the league, seems like ages, 2000-2001 would be my guess? And don't they have a really good recent record against us? That 6-2 game springs to mind.

And the 4-3 (Mundee hat trick when we came back into it until their winger (Worrel Sterling ex-Watford??) broke clear to set up their winner.
 

Bristol Rovers

So which gthread do I put my predictions in?

Oh well here goes.

2-2
 

Bristol Rovers

the prediction thread stoopid :wave:
 

Bristol Rovers

start one then :idea:

But in any case one existed for over an hour before your post :)
 

Bristol Rovers

We will have 7 subs tomorrow and not one forward if Carl Cort is not available. But I seem to be the only one that has a concern about this, our forwards haven't scored all season, so I don't understand why we haven't got somebody in on loan. They can't score any less goals then our forwards.
Here's hoping for a win tomorrow, with Kabba & Mcdonald scoring, would be happy in a couple of games to admit I was wrong with the forwards, but lets wait and see.
 

Bristol Rovers

We will have 7 subs tomorrow and not one forward if Carl Cort is not available. But I seem to be the only one that has a concern about this, our forwards haven't scored all season, so I don't understand why we haven't got somebody in on loan. They can't score any less goals then our forwards.
Here's hoping for a win tomorrow, with Kabba & Mcdonald scoring, would be happy in a couple of games to admit I was wrong with the forwards, but lets wait and see.

Think Weston could be on the bench tomorrow so would be an option to come on up front if needed.

Possibly lining up as:

Price

Foster Phillips Bennett Wilson

Saunders KOC Bean Wood

MacDonald Kabba

With a bench of:

Bull
Osborne
Legge
Blake
Hunt
Taylor
Weston
 

Bristol Rovers

I doubt very much if Wilson plays left back!

I think it'll be

................Price..............

Wilson.....Phillips....Bennett......Wood

Taylor......Hunt.....Kev........Weston

...........Kabba.....MacDonald.......

Subs
Bull
Blake
Osborne
Legge
Foster
Saunders
Bean
 

Bristol Rovers

I doubt very much if Wilson plays left back!

I think it'll be

................Price..............

Wilson.....Phillips....Bennett......Wood

Taylor......Hunt.....Kev........Weston

...........Kabba.....MacDonald.......

Subs
Bull
Blake
Osborne
Legge
Foster
Saunders
Bean

Great prediction.....sh*t selection
 

Bristol Rovers

I doubt very much if Wilson plays left back!

True I haven't seen him play there but he can play RB and in the centre so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Also Scotty has said he reckons he can do a job in 2 or 3 positions. I'd guess it's more likely to be across the defense rather than higher up the pitch like
 

Bristol Rovers

True I haven't seen him play there but he can play RB and in the centre so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Also Scotty has said he reckons he can do a job in 2 or 3 positions. I'd guess it's more likely to be across the defense rather than higher up the pitch like

Another thread mentions him playing centre mid & believe it or not up top for BCFC reserves
 
Back
Top Bottom