Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

ChinaBee

The boys are back in town
Joined
1 May 2002
Messages
7,309
Reaction score
86
Location
Wokingham

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

After a week or two of BFC directors trying to say how well they have been doing despite the fans being unhelpful, I have to say the chairmans notes today was much more positive.

We should say positive things about the BFC board members when we see them and I thought it was a much better pulling together piece :fishing:

Egham, two great articles also, well done and look forward to reading more in the future

Onwards...............................
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

Summary please (for those of us that would rather roll up the programme and smoke it than read it) :wave:
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

ChinaBee said:
After a week or two of BFC directors trying to say how well they have been doing despite the fans being unhelpful, I have to say the chairmans notes today was much more positive.

We should say positive things about the BFC board members when we see them and I thought it was a much better pulling together piece :fishing:

Egham, two great articles also, well done and look forward to reading more in the future

Onwards...............................

Sounds like good cop, bad cop to me.
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

Wee Dave said:
Summary please (for those of us that would rather roll up the programme and smoke it than read it) :wave:

Made good reference to MA winning the Radio London award, said good progress on BU buying the control of the club and said how great it is for the players and the club that we are on Sky Tuesday.

As I said it was positive comments from a board member for a change :cool:
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

Les Beeavinu said:
Sounds like good cop, bad cop to me.

Still a positive note regarding BU, unlike others recently :wave:
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

You're right. As I haven't read it, a flippant remark on my part.
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

Entered Braemar at 2.57ish, not a programme seller to be seen. Good job it wasnt a good gate :rolleyes:

Can somebody please summarise what was said in today`s proggy. Thanks :wave:
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

PJ said:
Entered Braemar at 2.57ish, not a programme seller to be seen. Good job it wasnt a good gate :rolleyes:

Can somebody please summarise what was said in today`s proggy. Thanks :wave:

Coz your an A1 Geezer PJ, I've typed it all out for you :wave:
I wouldn't do it for any Tom, Dick or Banana on here you know :rolleyes:

'I wish to take this opportunity of congratulating Martin Allen on the achievement of winning, despite facing stiff competition, the prestigious BBC London Sports Personality Award for 2005. This recognition of the massive contribution he has made towards the awareness of the progress, we are endeavouring to make at Brentford, is richly deserved. The cycle ride he recently undertook, that raised over £19,000 for the club, is just one example of the many demonstrations of passion and commitment, which he has taken on, for the benefit of the club and the community.
Good progress continues to be made in completing the process including the securing of funds that is required to effect Bees United's purchase of the Club's majority shareholding. An EGM has been arranged for 20th December for the shareholders of Brentford FC Ltd to approve the resolutions that are required, to enable the matter to be finalised in January. Brian Burgess and I are liasing closely and I remain confident that the hard work and skill that Brian, his team and their advisors have demonstarted will result in a successful outcome.
The Club's board and management are continuing to devote their attention to the many challenges that are required, to continue to improve our trading position. I hope that we will soon be able to make announcements regarding some exciting new sponsorship deals that are currently being negotiated. In the meantime it is important that all concerned in working for the Club's future, are allowed to remain fully focused on the work at hand, particularly during this important time.
Yesterday, Andrew Adonis, The Minister for Schools, who saw first hand, the splendid facility that is provided by our "Playing for Success" classroom, made a visit to the Club. Much credit is due to Jo Emmerson, the Learning Zone Manager and her staff for the inspirational work they do, in providing for this special educational environment, which the Club is proud to be associated with.
Next Tuesday's replayed Cup Tie against Oldham is to be the televised by Sky TV, which will not only mean valuable additional exposure for the Club and our players but also, very welcome extra revenue. It also results in us now playing five games here at Griffin Park, during the month of December. Everyone at the Club fully appreciates the extra commitment that is being made by our supporters in this busy period, especially with the other expenses involved with the Christmas period. If Tuesday's match against Yeovil is to be a guide, I think we are all in for a tense but very exciting time.
Eddie Rogers
Chairman'


I agree me Ol' China, a nice and positive message from the Chair.


Liked the article in the middle pages by Graham Haynes on Bradley Walsh. Very funny bit about a Reserve game against Southend, when a corner had to be held up to allow both teams to compose themselves after Bradley had brought them all to tears with his impression of Wurzel Gummage :D
 
Last edited:

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

Infatuated Bees Alter Ego said:
I agree me Ol' China, a nice and positive message from the Chair.

No 100+ post thread of endless moaning, historical analysis and character assassination, then, eh? That'll make a change this week, then!

:fishing:
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

Infatuated Bees Alter Ego said:
Coz your an A1 Geezer PJ, I've typed it all out for you :wave:
I wouldn't do it for any Tom, Dick or Banana on here you know :rolleyes:

cheers IBAE :wave:
 

Chairmans programme notes 10th Dec

jlove said:
No 100+ post thread of endless moaning, historical analysis and character assassination, then, eh? That'll make a change this week, then!

:fishing:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :sorted:
 
Back
Top Bottom