Challenge the Bosman ?

Bigbee

Well-known member
Joined
5 Apr 2000
Messages
33,563
Reaction score
6,617
Location
Crondall,Nr Farnham

Challenge the Bosman ?

Wrong forum I know ,but if its put in Football World it gets less attention.Reading various sites ,lower league clubs are in finacial sh*te. Has the Bosman ruling been challenged ? Prob yes,but if so the " might " of the lower English clubs united may have a say ?? Or an I just being a ***** ?
 

Challenge the Bosman ?

I am not aware it has but who would have the money or b***s to do so! It is based on the principle of freedom of contract for an individual employee which is enshrined in the EU so I think it highly unlikely anyone will succeed.

At the end of the day ironically it is players who will suffer as it will lead to shorter more insecure contracts and lower wages as we are seeing now in the Nationwide and I suspect all over Europe.
 

Challenge the Bosman ?

Thanks some one for moving it to this forum with out letting any one know ! Maybe you like the demise of lower league clubs ?

Any way,yeah theres the freedom of contract bit,but its affecting the lively hood of clubs to go about their business.When small clubs can only really survive by selling players for a profit the Bosman has a fundamental effect on them.I dont see why the clubs do not unite to challenge,theres nothing to lose !



[This message has been edited by Bigbee (edited 25 February 2002).]
 

Challenge the Bosman ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigbee:
Thanks some one for moving it to this forum with out letting any one know ! Maybe you like the demise of lower league clubs ?</font>

I didn't move this (I don't moderate General Bees Discussion), but there's no reason why anyone who is interested in a matter like this can't read Football World to find out for themselves. You say no-one reads Football World, but they certainly aren't going to start reading it if the football-related threads are in other forums.
 

Challenge the Bosman ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigbee:
Thanks some one for moving it to this forum with out letting any one know ! Maybe you like the demise of lower league clubs ?

Any way,yeah theres the freedom of contract bit,but its affecting the lively hood of clubs to go about their business.When small clubs can only really survive by selling players for a profit the Bosman has a fundamental effect on them.I dont see why the clubs do not unite to challenge,theres nothing to lose !

[This message has been edited by Bigbee (edited 25 February 2002).]
</font>

As AB pointed out in a thread in General Discussion the Bosman ruling is simply about the plying of trade by labourers and is therefore subject to EU regulations governing their freedom of movement; that football is a different market and is based upon a different structure than other markets and therefore has a different labour market is neither here nor there where the principal of labour-market regulation is concerned.

There's something inaccurate though in the laws governing the new guidlines for football transfers, which perhaps clubs could pick up on. Currently, players upto the age of 23 (or is it 24? I've forgotten) can not leave a club for free even if their contract has expired as the club is compensated for 'training and education' of the player. Does this then mean that at the age of 23 (or 24?) a player's education has finished and that club's shouldn't or can't be further compensated for their education? I have no idea how this would stand up in a court case, but it seems incredibly daft to me.
 
Back
Top Bottom