Charlton Away

IDontBeeLieveIt

Well-known member
Joined
6 Dec 2013
Messages
14,722
Reaction score
7

Charlton Away

Anyone know how late I can realistically leave it to buy tickets for the Charlton away match based on past experience?

(Reason I ask is there's a chance a mate might be able to wangle me a couple of freebies there - so want to give him as long as possible - before giving up and just buying tickets on the Bees' site)

Cheers
 

Charlton Away

Anyone know how late I can realistically leave it to buy tickets for the Charlton away match based on past experience?

(Reason I ask is there's a chance a mate might be able to wangle me a couple of freebies there - so want to give him as long as possible - before giving up and just buying tickets on the Bees' site)

Cheers

iirc normally you can still buy on the friday before the game, last day for posting would be the Wednesday. Guess it depends if we have to send un-sold tickets back to Charlton. No idea if they would have pay on the day like Norwich did.
 

Charlton Away

iirc normally you can still buy on the friday before the game, last day for posting would be the Wednesday. Guess it depends if we have to send un-sold tickets back to Charlton. No idea if they would have pay on the day like Norwich did.

Last time I went to Charlton I could buy in the day from the away ticket office.
 

Charlton Away

Anyone know how late I can realistically leave it to buy tickets for the Charlton away match based on past experience?

(Reason I ask is there's a chance a mate might be able to wangle me a couple of freebies there - so want to give him as long as possible - before giving up and just buying tickets on the Bees' site)

Cheers

I missed Brighton because a friend of a friend let us down after I had already negotiated an away day pass from home. Don't risk it-buy a ticket!
 

Charlton Away

:wave:
 

Charlton Away

Cheers lads, couldn't get any freebies in the end, so I've just bought from the Bees. Now I just need to solve the next issue of explaining to the new bird that I've got more important things to do on valentines day :)
 

Charlton Away

Cheers lads, couldn't get any freebies in the end, so I've just bought from the Bees. Now I just need to solve the next issue of explaining to the new bird that I've got more important things to do on valentines day :)


Best to get it out of the way now, it's important to set the ground rules early in your relationship, you start missing games for her now and it's a slippery slope.
 

Charlton Away

Best to get it out of the way now, it's important to set the ground rules early in your relationship, you start missing games for her now and it's a slippery slope.

Take her with you. She might love it. Lunch in Borough market pints (and a glass of wine or a fruit based drink) before the game. A decent stadium. Back to town and a romantic stroll and dinner on the South Bank. Great day out unless you have 5 saddos without a girlfriend following you around!
 

Charlton Away

Take her with you. She might love it. Lunch in Borough market pints (and a glass of wine or a fruit based drink) before the game. A decent stadium. Back to town and a romantic stroll and dinner on the South Bank. Great day out unless you have 5 saddos without a girlfriend following you around!

Heh, did think about it, but I've booked the tickets now tho (as I'd already planned to go with the lads - and it's far too early days to risk taking her with them just yet!)
I'm thinking Fulham away might be an option for the similar reasons though....if she's still tolerating me by then.
 

Charlton Away

Havn't bothered about Valentines in 38 years of marriage (or before)......but said to missus earlier if she fancies going to see the boy and his girl that weekend and staying at a nice hotel in Chislehurst and she can go shopping in London with the daughter in law.....?
Tickets being bought at weekend.....get in there!!...lol
 

Charlton Away

All Mrs WB knows, is that she's going to London for the day.

:sorted: :sorted:

Tell her to make sure her passport is in date, blindfold her, get a Taxi to the ground, take the blindfold off upon arrival. But make sure you get a few down you on the way so that you don't feel the inevitable slap.... :)
 

Charlton Away

All Mrs WB knows, is that she's going to London for the day.

:sorted: :sorted:

The missus and I have been unable to do any away days this season (although we have been to every home game} our Valentines treat to each other is to go to Charlton ( tickets bought today ). Her birthday is early April and I asked her if she fancied a few romantic days away from the 11th to the 14th in the Peak District and Yorkshire. She said that would be nice...... ....Perrrrrrfect.... Derby and Sheff Weds here we come :) :)
 

Charlton Away

The missus and I have been unable to do any away days this season (although we have been to every home game} our Valentines treat to each other is to go to Charlton ( tickets bought today ). Her birthday is early April and I asked her if she fancied a few romantic days away from the 11th to the 14th in the Peak District and Yorkshire. She said that would be nice...... ....Perrrrrrfect.... Derby and Sheff Weds here we come :) :)

Good work!
 

Charlton Away

My Mrs kindly apologised to me last night, said she was going
to the cinema on Valentines with a load of girly mates to see 50 Shades.

I didn't say a word:)
Looking forward to this one !!
 

Charlton Away

Don't work when the other half a bee . got to do once the show after and 50 shades on Sunday as punishment for Charlton lol
 

Charlton Away

Quote Originally Posted by ruislip bee View Post

Take her with you. She might love it. Lunch in Borough market pints (and a glass of wine or a fruit based drink) before the game. A decent stadium. Back to town and a romantic stroll and dinner on the South Bank. Great day out unless you have 5 saddos without a girlfriend following you around!
Heh, did think about it, but I've booked the tickets now tho (as I'd already planned to go with the lads - and it's far too early days to risk taking her with them just yet!)
I'm thinking Fulham away might be an option for the similar reasons though....if she's still tolerating me by then.

I agree take her to the match and then take her up the OXO tower!

http://aroundbritainwithapaunch.blogspot.co.uk/2008/01/take-her-up-oxo-tower.html
 

Charlton Away

The missus and I have been unable to do any away days this season (although we have been to every home game} our Valentines treat to each other is to go to Charlton ( tickets bought today ). Her birthday is early April and I asked her if she fancied a few romantic days away from the 11th to the 14th in the Peak District and Yorkshire. She said that would be nice...... ....Perrrrrrfect.... Derby and Sheff Weds here we come :) :)

Well done
 

Charlton Away

Don't work when the other half a bee . got to do once the show after and 50 shades on Sunday as punishment for Charlton lol

I don't mean to be horrible SAB, but did you read this back before you posted it?
 

Charlton Away

nope didn't read it as was in a rush to do something !

in English going to Charlton game with the other half but after that I going to see the stage show once (staring ronan from boyzone) then 50 shades of grey on the Sunday . think that what I was trying to say .
 

Charlton Away

Cheers lads, couldn't get any freebies in the end, so I've just bought from the Bees. Now I just need to solve the next issue of explaining to the new bird that I've got more important things to do on valentines day :)
Kick a row off a couple of days before, always works a treat :sorted:
 

Charlton Away

nope didn't read it as was in a rush to do something !

in English going to Charlton game with the other half but after that I going to see the stage show once (staring ronan from boyzone) then 50 shades of grey on the Sunday . think that what I was trying to say .

Jeez, if that's not the day from Hell I don't know what is!
 

Charlton Away

nope didn't read it as was in a rush to do something !

in English going to Charlton game with the other half but after that I going to see the stage show once (staring ronan from boyzone) then 50 shades of grey on the Sunday . think that what I was trying to say .

50 shades of grey eh you dirty ticket !
 

Charlton Away

My Mrs kindly apologised to me last night, said she was going
to the cinema on Valentines with a load of girly mates to see 50 Shades.

I didn't say a word:)
Looking forward to this one !!

Pretend to be really upset and tell her you'll just have to find something to do
 

Charlton Away


Ooh Er Missus, Good Lord.

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was"!
 

Charlton Away

The missus and I have been unable to do any away days this season (although we have been to every home game} our Valentines treat to each other is to go to Charlton ( tickets bought today ). Her birthday is early April and I asked her if she fancied a few romantic days away from the 11th to the 14th in the Peak District and Yorkshire. She said that would be nice...... ....Perrrrrrfect.... Derby and Sheff Weds here we come :) :)

I managed to get away with that one once (early in our marriage) when we were playing Chesterfield - a nice hotel in The Peaks. I only got away with it once though. :(
 

Charlton Away

Ooh Er Missus, Good Lord.

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was"!

Better than being taken up 'The Shard'!!!!!!!
 

Charlton Away

Does anyone know if tickets will be available on the gate? I have to go to a university day school 12-2 near covent garden. If i know I can get there and get a ticket I'll leave early to make it.
 

Charlton Away

Does anyone know if tickets will be available on the gate? I have to go to a university day school 12-2 near covent garden. If i know I can get there and get a ticket I'll leave early to make it.

Just buy a ticket in advance and leave early. :shrug:
 

Charlton Away

I'd love too but if I can't get out early. Money is precious as a student!

but you might be feeling poorly and have to leave early. :thetruth:
 

Charlton Away

I have a spare ticket for this game as I've unexpectedly been called into work, would anyone like it? I could arrange a meet at the Watford home game
 

Charlton Away

nope didn't read it as was in a rush to do something !

in English going to Charlton game with the other half but after that I going to see the stage show once (staring ronan from boyzone) then 50 shades of grey on the Sunday . think that what I was trying to say .

already done the Ronan Keating thing.points in the bag.
 
Back
Top Bottom