Coaching badges

rebus

On my final warning
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
42,944
Reaction score
38,615
Location
Leytonstone / Ilford

Coaching badges

what we all think (including me) and the blame for the 20 odd goals conceeded since September 1st is firmly being put on the lack of defending from the front ie., no hold up play, poor passing, frequently lost possession, heads down, lack of effort and pace chasing back, lack of bite in midfield as a whole and stupidly conceeded freekicks in dangerous areas subsequently poorly defended.

Another UEFA coach on this board I see.
 

Coaching badges

My guess is those are words from the training ground. Unless he wasn't being honest of course :D

Not sure where the :fishing: is going on this so let me put you right.
I am a qualified coach at the required level (Prelim and Interm) when I did my courses. (passed by Martin Tonge (was that how he spelled it?) when he was FITC manager at BFC) (failed first time at Kingsbury FC)
I am coaching an Under 17 side in the Harrow Youth League and I pass info on those players I see week to week, to various people at various Southern League sides in the area. What they with that info is upto them but I have 3 of my own players training with two clubs at present following my recomendations.
My club are paying for me to start my UEFA B level 2 badges in Feb/Mar in return for the hours I put in on Mon/Thurs/Sun coaching 24 enthusiastic young men.

PS He really is worried about me nicking his job isnt he? he has started the dirty politics already....
Chapman Out!
ROB In!
Chapman Out!
ROB In! rofl rofl rofl
 

Coaching badges

My guess is those are words from the training ground. Unless he wasn't being honest of course :D

Like I said and Paul O Brien also read properly, the belief is within the management team that we have a very strong back four.
In brackets I also put "including me" after the comment "despite what we all think" in reference to that belief.

Banana and Paul can obviously read and can understand inference without seeing the actual words.
I would think that this is a necessity for anyone in the communications field??:fishing:
 

Coaching badges

I think if you read his statement again you'll spot that your unpleasant sarcasm is misplaced.

Not at all, I think it's entirely justified. I spent years listening to wannabe coaches and managers in C Block during games spouting absolute nonsense and ROB is no different. They used to come out with the same "I coach XYZ in the dog and duck league and have a Middx coaching badge", a badge, which your granny and I can pass with flying colours.

Perhaps you would care to do a search of his threads in recent months and you might change your mind.
 

Coaching badges

Not at all, I think it's entirely justified. I spent years listening to wannabe coaches and managers in C Block during games spouting absolute nonsense and ROB is no different. They used to come out with the same "I coach XYZ in the dog and duck league and have a Middx coaching badge", a badge, which your granny and I can pass with flying colours.

Another pint of Guiness and your fee for taking it says you dont pass Level 1

Perhaps you would care to do a search of his threads in recent months and you might change your mind.

You are desperately searching for votes and I have not even joined BU yet let alone stand for your role!!
 

Coaching badges

Does it matter if any manager anywhere has a badge or not? Wally had one didn't he? Did Chris Coleman before he rescued Fulham from their inevitble slide?
Wally had all badges - UEFA A etc etc - bar a pro licence which is invite only and he was taking that in his last season, I don't know if he's completed it.

In fact, Wally passed his UEFA badge at 24 with the then highest recorded mark for the course.
 

Coaching badges

Wally had all badges - UEFA A etc etc - bar a pro licence which is invite only and he was taking that in his last season, I don't know if he's completed it.

In fact, Wally passed his UEFA badge at 24 with the then highest recorded mark for the course.

He should have won the friggin title with us then! :idea:
 

Coaching badges

He should have won the friggin title with us then! :idea:

Not really. I think Wally is suited to being a coach rather than a manager and Reading's success has proved this.
 

Coaching badges

Not really. I think Wally is suited to being a coach rather than a manager and Reading's success has proved this.

That's why they call them coaching badges then. I think he'd have done significantly better with us if he'd spent more time with Coppell before he became manager.
 

Coaching badges

Why do you need coaching badges to have an opinion on why we are playing badly and what we should do to improve it?
 

Coaching badges

bizarre isn't it, I actually thought he was up there with Brooker as one of our better players, seemed to be covering a lot of grass, and generally trying to get involved, tough as it was, he was having to do a 2 man job on his own.

That is what football and this site is all about...OPINIONS and the fact that we all have differing ones on each chosen subject.
I did not go to Forest so you and previous GPG'er have the advantage on me there and each make valid assessment based on what you each saw and formed an opinion of thereafter.
I merely overheard LR talking to some TG regulars about his opinion on Sat performance.
I will be at GP on Sat and we will all see the game differently and be back on here all day Sunday and that is why Football really is such a beutiful game.
 

Coaching badges

Why do you need coaching badges to have an opinion on why we are playing badly and what we should do to improve it?

Not at all, this is what this messageboard is all about, everyone can have an opinion.

I wasn't the one bragging about badges, perhaps it was someone trying too hard.
 

Coaching badges

Why do you need coaching badges to have an opinion on why we are playing badly and what we should do to improve it?

You dont JMCP and some coaches make terrible managers (Wally, me lol )
MarkBFC is just continually questioning the reliability of my sources and opinions and it would appear my honesty. I was just telling the truth to put them straight and to get back to BFC players, management and fans, whilst enjoying myself having a little dig or two at my nemesis.

I come on the site to hear differing opinions to mine and to discuss them and many people on here are both intelligent and knowledgeable and do so themselves for the same reasons. We are all fans of BFC and we can learn a lot about our club from the differing views and experiences of each other.
Some of our blind fans have been able to tell a duff player from a decent one and according to MarkBFC could pass all the coaching badges in the world.
Whether they could or not does not make their opinion any less interesting or plausible and along with all the other GPGers I like to talk about BFC 24/7 regardless of whether or not I agree with fellow bees fans or not.
 

Coaching badges

and according to MarkBFC could pass all the coaching badges in the world.

I've not said ALL, just the ones you allege to posses. Please tell me where you're taking these UEFA coaching badges, it sounds very exciting.
 

Coaching badges

.

I wasn't the one bragging about badges, perhaps it was someone trying too hard.



I got a Blue Peter one 20 years ago for saving 20,000 sliver milk bottle tops which paid for a toe nail on a Guide Dog.

Actually,yesterday we took our new German Shepherd puppy into town,everyone said "arrrrrhh licle puppy " Fine until we wanted to hit Waitrose,no dogs except guide dogs.The missus wouldnt put on a pair of sunglasses and walk into a stack of baked bean's blaming the sh ite dog shed been given
 

Coaching badges

I've not said ALL, just the ones you allege to posses. Please tell me where you're taking these UEFA coaching badges, it sounds very exciting.

I have passed my Level 2 and believe me it isn't easy, only 6 passed out of 20 on my course. I had a hard particularly hard assessor. It depends on who is judging you.
I reckon I had to put in about 2 months solid effort, just for the course work + a couple of years coaching. So I don't think that anyone can pass it. Does it make me a good coach? No. What does is the work I put in watching other coaches good and bad. Watching DVD's. Trying to improve and gathering experience. I will wait about another 2 years before attempting my level 3 (UEFA 'B'). So none of it is easy mate!
 

Coaching badges

I have passed my Level 2 and believe me it isn't easy, only 6 passed out of 20 on my course. I had a hard particularly hard assessor. It depends on who is judging you.
I reckon I had to put in about 2 months solid effort, just for the course work + a couple of years coaching. So I don't think that anyone can pass it. Does it make me a good coach? No. What does is the work I put in watching other coaches good and bad. Watching DVD's. Trying to improve and gathering experience. I will wait about another 2 years before attempting my level 3 (UEFA 'B'). So none of it is easy mate!

I never said the word "easy". :fishing:

You raise a good point about it not making you a good coach. Others like to brag they have coaching badges but it proves nothing of their footballing nous.
 

Coaching badges

I have passed my Level 2 and believe me it isn't easy, only 6 passed out of 20 on my course. I had a hard particularly hard assessor. It depends on who is judging you.
I reckon I had to put in about 2 months solid effort, just for the course work + a couple of years coaching. So I don't think that anyone can pass it. Does it make me a good coach? No. What does is the work I put in watching other coaches good and bad. Watching DVD's. Trying to improve and gathering experience. I will wait about another 2 years before attempting my level 3 (UEFA 'B'). So none of it is easy mate!

I cant be bothered to answer futile comments by MarkBFC that follow your reply so I will just applaud what you say and to agree that by going to the training ground regularly I have been able to observe the work that LR,PM and the other coaches do with both first team and youths and have been able to take that with me on Mon and thurs nights with my team.
I am a step behind you as I will only start my level 2 early in the new year.

My offer to enrole MarkBFC on a level one at no cost to him stands and then we can see if him or his Granny can pass it. I doubt it as so much of the level one is practical!lol
 
Back
Top Bottom