Consecutive Bees games attended

N5022N122

Active member
Joined
9 May 2021
Messages
4,408
Reaction score
2,480
Location
London

Consecutive Bees games attended

Even though I have been a bees fan since the 70s I have always had the odd break in attending, rarely miss a home game maybe 1-2 per season despite not being a ST holder until 2018 but I would only travel to 3-4 away games.
This season I have managed every game incl cups since bit not incl Newcastle away and will be able to continue up to but not confirmed Man U away.
This is 16 games. It has been due to a range of variables like ticket access, day and times of games and localish away games that have permitted this along with the aim of trying to attend all current PL grounds. I would have done putney and Muff if I could have got a ticket.
So whilst this is my longest run I wonder who has the longest or who is in their current longest?
I expect their are many.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Even though I have been a bees fan since the 70s I have always had the odd break in attending, rarely miss a home game maybe 1-2 per season despite not being a ST holder until 2018 but I would only travel to 3-4 away games.
This season I have managed every game incl cups since bit not incl Newcastle away and will be able to continue up to but not confirmed Man U away.
This is 16 games. It has been due to a range of variables like ticket access, day and times of games and localish away games that have permitted this along with the aim of trying to attend all current PL grounds. I would have done putney and Muff if I could have got a ticket.
So whilst this is my longest run I wonder who has the longest or who is in their current longest?
I expect their are many.
I think @Fish Bee had quite a record. @Jay Bee may know.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I think @Fish Bee had quite a record. @Jay Bee may know.
Cheers Hobbsy. But there are a fair few ahead of me.

I had a decent sequence of attending every competitive Bees game from the start of 1976/77 until I missed the 1-0 defeat at Doncaster in September 1981. I think I calculated that to be 256 matches (league and cup matches) at the time... but basically every game for five seasons. It seemed an achievement at the time.... think I saw every game that Stevie Phillips played for us! And nearly all that Andy Mac played too...

I also saw every home game for 17 years, after missing the 1-0 victory over Div 4 champions Doncaster in April 1969 until I missed the 1-1 draw with Bolton in March 1986, when family commitments began to take precedence.

However, looking at the Liverpool programme (p 63) I see that Bees fan Frank Coumbe has had a 42 year sequence of home league attendance that only ended relatively recently... pretty amazing.

Going back to consecutive (home and away) attendance, my five years was certainly unremarkable compared to the likes of George Sands (see above) who it is fair to say, was able to travel with the team, certainly in his later years, in his capacity as Middx Chronicle reporter. So not affected by train problems or other work commitments like the rest of us. I imagine that his opposite number at the Brentford & Chiswick Times, Ernald Gifford, probably had a very similar record.

Of the regular Brentford supporters with whom I was familiar, I suggest that few would have been able to compete with Johnny Gough who, as I understand, was travelling to away games back in the 1950s (even friendlies) and barely missed a game during the 1960s through to the 1990s. He sadly passed away in 2007. I started coming to games in 1964 so wouldn't know any more exact details of his record over those very early years but someone else may know how many he saw consecutively.

One of our fellow Bees friends is currently still on a run of consecutive games that began after our 3-2 defeat at Cardiff in December 2015 so just over seven years without missing a match..... brilliant, especially with match dates and kick-off times having been swapped around so much for TV in recent seasons.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I don’t think I’ve ever done much more than three in a row over the last 29 years so fair play to all those stalwarts on this thread. I might get to do the last 5 this season but only if I subject myself to not being able to see much of the game at Anfield, which I vowed after last season not to go to again until they’d rebuilt the away end.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I knew mine would be very short in comparison amazing the level of commitment shown by some; well done!
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

However, looking at the Liverpool programme (p 63) I see that Bees fan Frank Coumbe has had a 42 year sequence of home league attendance that only ended relatively recently... pretty amazing.
Yes I read that too. Some 900 odd?
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

George Sands is usually considered the record holder. 1,126 consecutive Bees games between 1953 and 1976.

Fair play to him but he was a journalist and club employee not a paying fan so is disqualified otherwise KOC might win this!
Didn't Nick Logan do nine years home and away? Jim Walsh? Loads of others. I've only did one full season home & away in the 90s.
Well done @Fish Bee
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

The app Futbology (prev Groundhopper) allows you to view a breakdown of matches you’ve attended live per year, mine is below. There’s a handful of England games in there, and a very very small number of neutral matches. But the vast majority is Brentford games. Can’t be many that can beat my total across 2013-2017:

A4B0F62B-653D-405B-89AC-EB7383821150.png
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

The app Futbology (prev Groundhopper) allows you to view a breakdown of matches you’ve attended live per year, mine is below. There’s a handful of England games in there, and a very very small number of neutral matches. But the vast majority is Brentford games. Can’t be many that can beat my total across 2013-2017:

View attachment 37145
How far does that go back?
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I saw the thread title and thought I’d contribute by saying I’ve done all 56 Premier League games so far…but I realise that’s a pin pr1ck compared to the records of some of those mentioned…
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I saw the thread title and thought I’d contribute by saying I’ve done all 56 Premier League games so far…but I realise that’s a pin pr1ck compared to the records of some of those mentioned…
Gloryhunter
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

How far does that go back?
Matches seem to go back to 1970 on the app. It does cost a quid a month though to search the pre-2021 stuff, but once your games are in you don't have to keep paying for the older ones if not interested.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

i did 10 years home and away 91-2001 ( except for Ascoli and Cesena ) . Also had a 7 year stretch ( then missed our 2-1 win at Reading :cry: )and plenty of every game in a season ones including our first prem season :love: .

I started that 10 year run the year i got married :suspect:
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Cheers Hobbsy. But there are a fair few ahead of me.

I had a decent sequence of attending every competitive Bees game from the start of 1976/77 until I missed the 1-0 defeat at Doncaster in September 1981. I think I calculated that to be 256 matches (league and cup matches) at the time... but basically every game for five seasons. It seemed an achievement at the time.... think I saw every game that Stevie Phillips played for us! And nearly all that Andy Mac played too...

I also saw every home game for 17 years, after missing the 1-0 victory over Div 4 champions Doncaster in April 1969 until I missed the 1-1 draw with Bolton in March 1986, when family commitments began to take precedence.

However, looking at the Liverpool programme (p 63) I see that Bees fan Frank Coumbe has had a 42 year sequence of home league attendance that only ended relatively recently... pretty amazing.

Going back to consecutive (home and away) attendance, my five years was certainly unremarkable compared to the likes of George Sands (see above) who it is fair to say, was able to travel with the team, certainly in his later years, in his capacity as Middx Chronicle reporter. So not affected by train problems or other work commitments like the rest of us. I imagine that his opposite number at the Brentford & Chiswick Times, Ernald Gifford, probably had a very similar record.

Of the regular Brentford supporters with whom I was familiar, I suggest that few would have been able to compete with Johnny Gough who, as I understand, was travelling to away games back in the 1950s (even friendlies) and barely missed a game during the 1960s through to the 1990s. He sadly passed away in 2007. I started coming to games in 1964 so wouldn't know any more exact details of his record over those very early years but someone else may know how many he saw consecutively.

One of our fellow Bees friends is currently still on a run of consecutive games that began after our 3-2 defeat at Cardiff in December 2015 so just over seven years without missing a match..... brilliant, especially with match dates and kick-off times having been swapped around so much for TV in recent seasons.
Thanks for mentioning Frank Coumbe above. That's my dad!! He saw 966 consecutive home league games and that stopped on 11th January 2020 when he was really ill, although not diagnosed, we now definitely think that he was suffering from Covid.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Matches seem to go back to 1970 on the app. It does cost a quid a month though to search the pre-2021 stuff, but once your games are in you don't have to keep paying for the older ones if not interested.
Futbology the way to go.
1285 games so far and counting.
Thank god for football programmes giving me a reminder of where I have been over the last 50 years.
718 visits to Griffin Park and I have not finished checking and double checking.
36 to the Gtech.
I remember a game against Crystal palace at Broadfield Stadium, Crawley in January 99.
Football Combination fixture during an afternoon.
Anyone enlighten me on this?
Or did I dream it.
I found a programme Palace v Ipswich at Crawley for the same competition.
Racking my brain on this.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

i did 10 years home and away 91-2001 ( except for Ascoli and Cesena ) . Also had a 7 year stretch ( then missed our 2-1 win at Reading :cry: )and plenty of every game in a season ones including our first prem season :love: .

I started that 10 year run the year i got married :suspect:
I assume you weren't able to go at all during your 7 stretch Nick?

In all seriousness, great support Nick!! (but what a game to miss)
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Fair play to him but he was a journalist and club employee not a paying fan so is disqualified otherwise KOC might win this!
Didn't Nick Logan do nine years home and away? Jim Walsh? Loads of others. I've only did one full season home & away in the 90s.
Well done @Fish Bee
Cheers ISB but it's not me. I've had a few seasons where I've done every first team game but many seasons where I've missed one or two. I've been a season ticket holder since 79/80 and have missed probably 4 or 5 home games since then. My first "every game" (home and away) season was 1982/83. There have been many lows which make the current good times all the more fabulous/crazy - but throughout it has been a fantastic time, supporting a very special Club and meeting many many wonderful fellow Bees.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I was always an 8, maybe 10 away games a season kind of guy when I was a regular, so my long runs are for home games only. I don't remember missing a home game between around 1975 and 1990 but possibly I did? So sorry, not much help really. Shall we say about 250 home games? Is that OK? Although I do know that 2 games is my longest ever run sober. Never again. Not since Willie Brown took a shot from the edge of the box and the ball, without deflection, ended up in the paddock.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

I did 1987/88 to 1997/98 11 seasons home and away (Over 600 games) (Like sir Nick I also missed the 2 Italian games away in 1992)
I also managed to do every home game including cups friendlies etc from 1986 season up to Scarborough!! at home February 1999 (Over 300+)
I then moved to Torquay in 1999 which limited my games..
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Any records for a gap between matches , my dad stopped taking me c 1980 & didn't pitch up to match until c 2005 I would say , c 25 years .
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Cheers ISB but it's not me. I've had a few seasons where I've done every first team game but many seasons where I've missed one or two. I've been a season ticket holder since 79/80 and have missed probably 4 or 5 home games since then. My first "every game" (home and away) season was 1982/83. There have been many lows which make the current good times all the more fabulous/crazy - but throughout it has been a fantastic time, supporting a very special Club and meeting many many wonderful fellow Bees.
Very impressive and don’t think I’ve been to many games where I haven’t see you my friend
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

having I initiated this thread it seems my run is going to finish at Brighton as in waiting for my son to get one as a ST only I missed the slot and did not get myself one either. I have man u and onwards so far. So nearer the time if possible and you are unable to go I'd welcome the chance for first refusal on your tickets. You bees!
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Any records for a gap between matches , my dad stopped taking me c 1980 & didn't pitch up to match until c 2005 I would say , c 25 years .
My dad stopped coming to GP in 1951l2 when my elder sister was born as my mum worked Saturdays in her parent's shop. I started going with my mates in the mid 60s. I think my dad went to a game against Port Vale in the late 70s but the first game we attended together was the last home game of our promotion side in 1978. By then my parents had moved to Sussex and he only saw a couple more games when visiting London. He always listend to LBC on Saturday afternoons and would wear a Brentford jumper and tie on those days.
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

Thanks for finding this thread @Wise old Bee - obviously Ray the heard attack man is a contender!
 

Consecutive Bees games attended

My dad stopped coming to GP in 1951l2 when my elder sister was born as my mum worked Saturdays in her parent's shop. I started going with my mates in the mid 60s. I think my dad went to a game against Port Vale in the late 70s but the first game we attended together was the last home game of our promotion side in 1978. By then my parents had moved to Sussex and he only saw a couple more games when visiting London. He always listend to LBC on Saturday afternoons and would wear a Brentford jumper and tie on those days.
That must have been a lovely day for you both. I love the fact he got kitted out for the radio.
 
Back
Top Bottom