I don't really understand the modern obsession with inverted wingers. If you have a traditional physical centre forward like Thiago, inverting the wide players means you largely lose the option of crossing on the wide player's stronger foot for the CF to finish with a header or shot. Janelt's superb goal simply wouldn't happen with that system. I think Bryan was an example of a player who was more suited to playing in the inverted system but I don't think it necessarily applies to the players we have now.Got to say I really liked the look of him on the left. I feel like once Kev's back we might see the two of them swap flanks more frequently. They're both at their best when they're running in behind and being direct rather than cutting inside and influencing build up play like Bryan used to.
He can play any position across the forward line and I think his left foot is considered his stronger one.He's got a great left peg for a right winger, the cross for VJ's goal and his own finish both top quality
Looks more dangerous on the left tooHe can play any position across the forward line and I think his left foot is considered his stronger one.
He played left back in some games for AFCB.He can play any position across the forward line and I think his left foot is considered his stronger one.
He's left footed, obviously, as we play inverted wide forwards, just as Kevin is right footed.He's got a great left peg for a right winger, the cross for VJ's goal and his own finish both top quality
I know it’s not relevant to us, but he got one against Forest last season. I was hoping for the same when they played us recently but of course it never happened. Now if he could just get one against dirty Leeds that would be perfect.Almost Hickey-like two footedness! Let’s see if we can get 3 forwards into double figures this season…Dango’s the only one without a hat trick…
one? he got a hattrick against them last season.I know it’s not relevant to us, but he got one against Forest last season. I was hoping for the same when they played us recently but of course it never happened. Now if he could just get one against dirty Leeds that would be perfect.![]()
How embarrassing for you. Sympathies...He's rather poor overall, offers very little threat and is wasteful in good situations. A great pity he is preferred to the hugely talented Romelle Donovan.
Yes. One hat-trick.one? he got a hattrick against them last season.
Then again, I suppose that's why certain people might have questioned the fee and his pedigree. I mean, anyone can score against Forest. His other goals last season came against the dregs of the league as well (Ipswich, Southampton, Putney). The season before he only managed one against Sheffield United, albeit playing as a LWB mostly.
However, 2 game winners in a row (and that peach of an assist) against two top 8 teams... he's on fire. Add to that, the winner against Villa earlier in the season as well as a goal and an assist against the defending champions. Already a marked improvement from his time in Muff.
ah yes, that'll teach me to read the quoted text before the most recent post in the futureYes. One hat-trick.
Haha, obviously not so obvious to meHe's left footed, obviously, as we play inverted wide forwards, just as Kevin is right footed.
breakingthelines.com
Yep. And we’re nowhere near the best version of him either!Phenomenal
Im not sure what Arsenal saw in Gyorkeres, seems a lower level premier league striker who will grab some goals to keep a side a float but not a striker to win premier league or do well in Europe?think Gyokeres was double his price btw![]()
Our recruitment is on another levelHe’s a real physical beast, easy to underestimate how powerful he is, alongside his skills: and more to come
One of those who scores a bundle in Portugal or Holland but can’t really hack it hereIm not sure what Arsenal saw in Gyorkeres, seems a lower level premier league striker who will grab some goals to keep a side a float but not a striker to win premier league or do well in Europe?
Brilliant ball for the Damsgaard miss.Frustrated the hell out of me today.
Poor performance and decision making. Looked very uninterested when we didnt have the ball.
Yes, but missing for large periods.Brilliant ball for the Damsgaard miss.
No he wasn't, he was constantly looking for the ball all second half.Yes, but missing for large periods.
Your opinionNo he wasn't, he was constantly looking for the ball all second half.
Seems like most peoples opinion, mine includedYour opinion
He was much much better in the 2nd half but in the first half I thought his work rate and desire to fight for the ball wasn’t there.Frustrated the hell out of me today.
Poor performance and decision making. Looked very uninterested when we didnt have the ball.
Really??!!could have done better with the chance when Thiago headed it down for him and he put it over
Could have left it for Sepp VDB too for a headerReally??!!
Had to quickly hook it back over his shoulder!
Would've been a goal of the season contender if he'd scored!!
Struggled yesterday. Thought he was very laboured yesterday. Didn't track back as much as normal and look frustrated. Contrary to Schade on the other side who defended very well.