Dango Ouattara (2 Viewers)

Dango Ouattara

Regardless of whether he was offside, really not getting the narrative from yesterday that his late chance was "easier to score than miss"!!
Being challenged for a header, 6 yards out, and trying to get above the ball.
Maybe it would have been easier/more straightforward for Kev. But that's not really the point. He took the initiative. What would people have said if he'd ducked out of it, and it just hit Schade!!!
Certainly not in the open goal/tap in bracket.
Would be interested in knowing what the xG for the chance was. Pretty low I'd have thought.
Not a sitter and just onside as I think Jones at RB was playing him on.
 

Dango Ouattara

That was up there with Mccammon at qpr yeaterday. Sunk to my knees.. I like what he offers though and would have him on the team sheet every day of the week above Schade.
 

Dango Ouattara

That was up there with Mccammon at qpr yeaterday. Sunk to my knees.. I like what he offers though and would have him on the team sheet every day of the week above Schade.
The McCammon header was a significantly easier chance. We also knew that if we weren’t promoted in 2002, Coppell would leave and that team would be carved up.

At least this time we have the comfort of knowing that things are only getting better.
 

Dango Ouattara

My thoughts on Dango are,
He's very tricky with the ball and has the ability to turn any defender inside out, hence the amount of penalties he wins, gets in to good positions in the box but can't always find the finish.
He has the pace and is also decent in the air.
All in all a good signing who I am pretty confident will only get better
 

Dango Ouattara

My thoughts on Dango are,
He's very tricky with the ball and has the ability to turn any defender inside out, hence the amount of penalties he wins, gets in to good positions in the box but can't always find the finish.
He has the pace and is also decent in the air.
All in all a good signing who I am pretty confident will only get better
A bit like Bryan, then? He did, given the opportunity.
 

Dango Ouattara

My thoughts on Dango are,
He's very tricky with the ball and has the ability to turn any defender inside out, hence the amount of penalties he wins, gets in to good positions in the box but can't always find the finish.
He has the pace and is also decent in the air.
All in all a good signing who I am pretty confident will only get better
That’s pretty much how I see it! 👍
 

Dango Ouattara

Season summary - inconsistently consistant. But his numbers are actually pretty good as a whole nevertheless. When he finds the high level consistancy he potentially could get better than Mbeumo.
He seems to have moments in a game when he just switches off, so he’s out of step with the players around him. Is it concentration or fatigue?
 

Dango Ouattara

My thoughts on Dango are,
He's very tricky with the ball and has the ability to turn any defender inside out, hence the amount of penalties he wins, gets in to good positions in the box but can't always find the finish.
He has the pace and is also decent in the air.
All in all a good signing who I am pretty confident will only get better

Mmmmm, I agree with the potential positives and that he can get better, but he really needs to, given the price tag.

As mentioned by others above, he is still too inconsistent and prone to concentration lapses. I'd say a 6.5/10 season at best when he needs to be hitting at least 7.5
 

Dango Ouattara

I think he would be better if he didn't wear all black boots. Only Alan McCormack could pull that off.
 

Dango Ouattara

Mmmmm, I agree with the potential positives and that he can get better, but he really needs to, given the price tag.

As mentioned by others above, he is still too inconsistent and prone to concentration lapses. I'd say a 6.5/10 season at best when he needs to be hitting at least 7.5
Glad you weren't marking my homework when I was at school. He's got us some vital goals (especially Villa and Newcastle) and won probably more penalties than anyone in the league this season. I'd give him 7.5 already and he can be even better next year.
 

Dango Ouattara

He had a good season. Tailed off a bit at times and very much reminded me of Bryans first/second season at this level.

Doesnt get into as many goal scoring opportunities and would like to see this improving next season. Because if he's in the better areas i bet he will score a hat full.
 

Dango Ouattara

Ilike him very much. I agree he an be frustrating, but his crossing is excellent he can tbeat a man from a sanding start, and he is very good at winngn penalties! LAos good at cuttinig in and shooting with his left foot like Arjen Robben just needs to improve th eaccuracy

I think he will be out most improved player next season and first anme on th eteamsheet along with Igor and surprise signing Haaland
 

Dango Ouattara

Ilike him very much. I agree he an be frustrating, but his crossing is excellent he can tbeat a man from a sanding start, and he is very good at winngn penalties! LAos good at cuttinig in and shooting with his left foot like Arjen Robben just needs to improve th eaccuracy

I think he will be out most improved player next season and first anme on th eteamsheet along with Igor and surprise signing Haaland
The irony of 'improving accuracy' is not lost on me when you've had a mare typing that post with mittens on!!
 

Dango Ouattara

Interesting comparisons with Bryan here but he cost about an eighth of Dango's fee. MOTM twice tells its own story.

He has not performed badly at all, and there is undoubted promise, but there is more room for improvement than I think there should be for a record signing.
 

Dango Ouattara

Interesting comparisons with Bryan here but he cost about an eighth of Dango's fee. MOTM twice tells its own story.

He has not performed badly at all, and there is undoubted promise, but there is more room for improvement than I think there should be for a record signing.
Comparing him to Mbeumo is false equivalence, particularly when it comes to transfer fees – there’s seven years (if my fingers are correct) between them signing in which time we built a Championship squad with Premier League ambition, got promoted and are now established in that league but, more important, the Premier League itself has changed dramatically.

As you say, Ouattara has not performed badly but he’s needed to develop a relationship with a centre forward who was effectively in his first season in a team that itself was regenerating. There’s certainly room for improvement but as a stand-alone player in our current squad.
 

Dango Ouattara

The transfer fee keeps coming up, and I think it's important to say that whilst 40m is a lot for us, that is pretty much the going rate for a premier league proven player now.

Bryan was not premier league proven, and was more of a gamble, and that is how we normally operate, but we needed a player in that could perform at the highest level straight away.

And that is what we got.

Remove the price tag, and view his performances on their own merits and he has done fairly well for a first season playing consistently in a new team, under a new manager and with a lot of change.

40m is a lot, but under the circumstances, we got what we paid for, anyone cheaper would have been less proven and a bigger risk at a time that we couldn't afford a longer development time.

I have high hopes for him next season, and whilst he might not end up being the sort of profitable signing we like to make, his value will probably become more evident on the field, than on the balance sheet.

(Hopefully)
 

Dango Ouattara

Comparing him to Mbeumo is false equivalence, particularly when it comes to transfer fees – there’s seven years (if my fingers are correct) between them signing in which time we built a Championship squad with Premier League ambition, got promoted and are now established in that league but, more important, the Premier League itself has changed dramatically.

As you say, Ouattara has not performed badly but he’s needed to develop a relationship with a centre forward who was effectively in his first season in a team that itself was regenerating. There’s certainly room for improvement but as a stand-alone player in our current squad.

Yep, agree on the Mbuemo comparison. I was actually trying to highlight why I thought this was problematic but ended up extending it :ROFLMAO:

However, I suppose my main point on Dango is that I would have expected a club record signing to have a more definite, immediate impact than he has this year, though I do take the point the he has come into a team and coaching set-up in transition.
 

Dango Ouattara

Indeed. He’s had a few off moments but is still nowhere near his potential and these numbers represent an excellent return for his first season.
First season with us...
Not a complete rookie and we reportedly paid a very substantial fee.
 

Dango Ouattara

Dango Ouattara

Played 77mins yesterday in BF's 3-0 friendly defeat in sunny Volgograd to the unofficial Russian team
 

Dango Ouattara

The cynic inside of me decided I needed to find one thing to complain about in the 7-0 preseason win. Dango generally played well but he did dribble himself into problems a few times, overhandling the ball. Overall will need better decisiveness.

Not a big criticism but had to find something to whine about
 

Dango Ouattara

The cynic inside of me decided I needed to find one thing to complain about in the 7-0 preseason win. Dango generally played well but he did dribble himself into problems a few times, overhandling the ball. Overall will need better decisiveness.

Not a big criticism but had to find something to whine about
I said this in the match thread but he needs to put in as much practice with his right foot as Schade and KLP clearly have with their lefts. He could've had a hattrick had he been more confident on it. That was one of the things that helped Mbeumo elevate his game into the big 6 bracket. Always stuns me how one-footed some very good players are.
 

Dango Ouattara

The cynic inside of me decided I needed to find one thing to complain about in the 7-0 preseason win. Dango generally played well but he did dribble himself into problems a few times, overhandling the ball. Overall will need better decisiveness.

Not a big criticism but had to find something to whine about

you can please some people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time , Unbelievable
 

Dango Ouattara

I said this in the match thread but he needs to put in as much practice with his right foot as Schade and KLP clearly have with their lefts. He could've had a hattrick had he been more confident on it. That was one of the things that helped Mbeumo elevate his game into the big 6 bracket. Always stuns me how one-footed some very good players are.
Disagree that he is one footed. One of his big attributes is when playing on the right he is very good at getting to the byline and putting in some great crosses with his right foot which he did numerous times last season, something it took Bryan several seasons to master. Of course his dominate foot is his left and most of his shots are made when he cuts in to the left to open up the goal, the fact that he can also chop back onto his right for a cross must make him a nightmare for opposition full backs.
 

Dango Ouattara

Had a decent first season for us IMO, with a year under his belt he's going to be a big part of our rapid, fluid attack this season... one of those players who has that little bit of chaos to his game.

Him, Schade and Thiago all bombing forward after a quick turnover are going to terrify some of the best defences this season.

However, I was crying out for him to just slot away his 1v1, he could have even rounded the goalkeeper... but passed to Thiago under pressure. Unless it's a tap in I'll never get why players aren't just greedy in those situations 😩
 

Dango Ouattara

I said this in the match thread but he needs to put in as much practice with his right foot as Schade and KLP clearly have with their lefts. He could've had a hattrick had he been more confident on it. That was one of the things that helped Mbeumo elevate his game into the big 6 bracket. Always stuns me how one-footed some very good players are.

Did you not see him whipping in crosses last season with both feet?
 

Dango Ouattara

Schade had a fantastic game and there is nothing for the moaners to grab onto so watch out Dango they're coming for you :)
 

Dango Ouattara

Did you not see him whipping in crosses last season with both feet?
Disagree that he is one footed. One of his big attributes is when playing on the right he is very good at getting to the byline and putting in some great crosses with his right foot which he did numerous times last season, something it took Bryan several seasons to master. Of course his dominate foot is his left and most of his shots are made when he cuts in to the left to open up the goal, the fact that he can also chop back onto his right for a cross must make him a nightmare for opposition full backs.
I agree with both of you about his crossing. I just think he’ll be twice as dangerous if he can rattle off some decent shots off his right foot. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of his.
 

Dango Ouattara

I agree with both of you about his crossing. I just think he’ll be twice as dangerous if he can rattle off some decent shots off his right foot. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of his.
He did second half with a bullet strike with his right foot, hit the side netting due to acute angle. Maybe the the reason he crosses with his right, and shoots mostly with his left since cutting in on his left opens up the goal?
 
Back
Top Bottom