David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

I only use my subscription to The Athletic to watch the wailing of opposition fans after they have suffered a humiliating defeat somewhere, and after De Gea's latest masterclass, 70% of them want Raya in to replace him.
 

David Raya

Cracking pass in build up to our goal.

Brilliant save from Buendia in the 2nd minute of the game. Enjoying while it lasts.
 

David Raya

Kept his 50th clean sheet last night for Brentford

6th highest of all brentford keepers since we became a league club.

Any Guesses at the no 1 ?
 

David Raya

Kept his 50th clean sheet last night for Brentford

6th highest of all brentford keepers since we became a league club.

Any Guesses at the no 1 ?
...............JoeBee.............close thread..............
 

David Raya

Deardon
 

David Raya

Kept his 50th clean sheet last night for Brentford

6th highest of all brentford keepers since we became a league club.

Any Guesses at the no 1 ?
It’s Stuart Nelson isn’t it? He’s secured his place in history just to annoy @Silly Hat
 

David Raya

Gerry Cakebread
 

David Raya

Do we need a good keeper? Is there anything in the laws of the game that stops a keeper having a pair of absolutely massive gloves, that will fill the entire goal? All we need to do is set the fingers in the right position and get someone with the patience to stand still for 90 minutes. Solved(y)
 

David Raya

Do we need a good keeper? Is there anything in the laws of the game that stops a keeper having a pair of absolutely massive gloves, that will fill the entire goal? All we need to do is set the fingers in the right position and get someone with the patience to stand still for 90 minutes. Solved(y)
Jazz Hands!
 

David Raya

Keepers don't usually cost a fortune.

The Cottagers paid £3m up front for goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal last summer and now owe them another £2 million after avoiding relegation. Depending on appearances and Fulham’s form next season, they may have to pay a further £3 million. £8m tops.
 

David Raya

Keepers don't usually cost a fortune.

The Cottagers paid £3m up front for goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal last summer and now owe them another £2 million after avoiding relegation. Depending on appearances and Fulham’s form next season, they may have to pay a further £3 million. £8m tops.
You do know how much Chelsea paid for Kepa and Liverpool paid for Allison don't you?
 

David Raya

Ahh I see way before my time I’m only 31 … been going 24 years but never heard of him.
I'll bite.

I've only been going since 1976 and I'm aged 57 but I also know who Gerry Cakebread and Chic Brodie are.

Before my time is one of the laziest excuses going IMHO. Not just in football history but anywhere
 

David Raya

I'll bite.

I've only been going since 1976 and I'm aged 57 but I also know who Gerry Cakebread and Chic Brodie are.

Before my time is one of the laziest excuses going IMHO. Not just in football history but anywhere
Bit of a difference between first choice keepers who made about 550 appearances between them, there for about 10 years each. And a sub goalie who played no more than 20 games
 

David Raya

Keepers don't usually cost a fortune.

The Cottagers paid £3m up front for goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal last summer and now owe them another £2 million after avoiding relegation. Depending on appearances and Fulham’s form next season, they may have to pay a further £3 million. £8m tops.
A good example although in all fairness his stock had fallen as a result of being ousted by Ramsdale when Fulham bought him. As much as it pains me to say it looks to have been a good bit of business for them.
 

David Raya

I'll bite.

I've only been going since 1976 and I'm aged 57 but I also know who Gerry Cakebread and Chic Brodie are.

Before my time is one of the laziest excuses going IMHO. Not just in football history but anywhere
Is that the one who got run into by a ?.....
 

David Raya

I'll bite.

I've only been going since 1976 and I'm aged 57 but I also know who Gerry Cakebread and Chic Brodie are.

Before my time is one of the laziest excuses going IMHO. Not just in football history but anywhere
Those you mentioned were first teamers Tamar was very much a reserve who played very little. Do you know reserve keeper to Cakebread?
 

David Raya

I'll bite.

I've only been going since 1976 and I'm aged 57 but I also know who Gerry Cakebread and Chic Brodie are.

Before my time is one of the laziest excuses going IMHO. Not just in football history but anywhere
Good for you why would I know if that was before I started going ffs please enlighten me with your wisdom oh masia?
 

David Raya

I would state that as a 35 year old, I also haven't heard of Tamer Fernandes. Honestly apart from those who get brought up naturally on here like Chic Brodie why would I know players names from the 70's or before?
 

David Raya

Those you mentioned were first teamers Tamar was very much a reserve who played very little. Do you know reserve keeper to Cakebread?
You know as a little kid I was intrigued that we had keepers called Cake Bread and Rye Craft. Loved those names.
 

David Raya

I would state that as a 35 year old, I also haven't heard of Tamer Fernandes. Honestly apart from those who get brought up naturally on here like Chic Brodie why would I know players names from the 70's or before?
Exactly tell that to the helmet above …
 

David Raya

I would state that as a 35 year old, I also haven't heard of Tamer Fernandes. Honestly apart from those who get brought up naturally on here like Chic Brodie why would I know players names from the 70's or before?
As a 35 year old you should know who Tamar Fernandes is!!! (Admittedly he hardly played, but it isn't THAT long ago!) Or I have I suddenly turned that corner where I am no longer as young as I like to think I am....
 

David Raya

Bit of a difference between first choice keepers who made about 550 appearances between them, there for about 10 years each. And a sub goalie who played no more than 20 games
He might have played no more than 20 games but I think he still has the splinters in his backside from time spent on the bench :)

Can I recommend James 30 invests in a copy of Amazon.co.uk
 

David Raya

He might have played no more than 20 games but I think he still has the splinters in his backside from time spent on the bench :)

Can I recommend James 30 invests in a copy of Amazon.co.uk
I know it is off topic, but based on the post above does James30 need to update his username to James31?
 

David Raya

Those you mentioned were first teamers Tamar was very much a reserve who played very little. Do you know reserve keeper to Cakebread?
It was dear old Fred Ryecraft.

Fortunately more a rarely used reserve (no subs in those days) as he was slightly (!) overweight and went down to save in several movements over several seconds!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom