David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

Diario AS - Spanish sports daily.

Bit of a nothing article to be honest:
  • They have communicated their interest to Raya's entourage (according to AS sources)
  • Ajax also interested in Noppert and Rulli (Villareal)
  • The ball is in our court due to contract running to 2024
  • Zero direct quotes in the article from anyone
Article here in Spanish
Zero chance too.
 

David Raya

There is a lot of praise to go around tonight. But I thought the Raya's thread had gone missing I had to scroll down so far too find it. What a keeper we have. The early saves he made to keep us level were top draw (one they were offside for but I've still no idea how he kept it out?!), and the calm and confidence he had coming out of his box to mop late on when they were pushing for an equaliser. I thought he'd misjudged things at one point and they'd be in behind him, but he just calmly headed the ball away from outside his own box ??
 

David Raya

A world class keeper but my biggest worry is that the club put him down for the month of January in the 2023 calendar. Hopefully he signs a new contract but if not then I would prefer a summer sale than now as we are in for one rollercoaster of a season if we keep this lot together.
 

David Raya

Brilliant couple of saves in the first half even if one was subsequently offside.I don’t think the club will sell in JAN but definitely in the summer
 

David Raya

Straight down the tunnel as well as sergi?!
I was concerned that Raya didn't do the pitch walk but understood why Sergi didn't want to do it given his Liverpool history. Strakosha did participate and that could be another clue that he knows his time is coming.
 

David Raya

Straight down the tunnel as well as sergi?!
On the full time whistle Raya was sat on the floor stretching out his legs, maybe felt something or had some cramp so better to go get it checked than walk around the pitch dancing.
 

David Raya

Maybe these were the two players selected at full time for the PL random sample tests the players have to do post match.
You could be correct Mick, I’ve never noticed two players missing in the walk arounds after winning game’s .
I noticed he gave all the staff a big hug, plus a few other people on the pitch at the final whistle more so than normal which I found a tad strange.
 

David Raya

I think trying to interpret who and how players and staff went around the pitch celebrating another landmark win and why players and staff went into the dressing room quickly may be like trying to read tea leaves – just drink it in and enjoy the moment!
 

David Raya

Maybe these were the two players selected at full time for the PL random sample tests the players have to do post match.
Most likely. UKAD are very efficient with this now. Incidents like that prat Orta bursting into the testing room when Ollie was having a wee wee, they just want to get it done
 

David Raya

If we keep up this form perhaps we can convince him to stay and be apart of the next step. Probably wishful thinking and money will lure him like it does with most footballers but it might help
 

David Raya

If we keep up this form perhaps we can convince him to stay and be apart of the next step. Probably wishful thinking and money will lure him like it does with most footballers but it might help
I hope for the same, but if he does go this year, I don't think it would be fair to put it down to reasons of money.

He's a player no one in Spain had heard of, and now suddenly (after many years of grafting) has the Spanish no.1 spot tantalisingly within reach. But his two major competitors for the shirt are both 2 years younger. A move to one of the big clubs, playing Champions League, could be the boost needed to get him there.

I'm sure neither he nor any of us would have expected him to play for Spain or make their next World Cup squad when he signed for us back in 2019. Both club and player have benefited massively from his time here. I'm just enjoying every extra game he plays for us. It all feels like bonus time to me.
 

David Raya

I hope for the same, but if he does go this year, I don't think it would be fair to put it down to reasons of money.

He's a player no one in Spain had heard of, and now suddenly (after many years of grafting) has the Spanish no.1 spot tantalisingly within reach. But his two major competitors for the shirt are both 2 years younger. A move to one of the big clubs, playing Champions League, could be the boost needed to get him there.

I'm sure neither he nor any of us would have expected him to play for Spain or make their next World Cup squad when he signed for us back in 2019. Both club and player have benefited massively from his time here. I'm just enjoying every extra game he plays for us. It all feels like bonus time to me.
Totally agree, he’s already a Bees legend. No one should begrudge him striving for the no.1 spot nationally.
Maybe though if the Bees are going on a European tour it’ll give him the exposure he needs ?
 

David Raya

I hope for the same, but if he does go this year, I don't think it would be fair to put it down to reasons of money.

He's a player no one in Spain had heard of, and now suddenly (after many years of grafting) has the Spanish no.1 spot tantalisingly within reach. But his two major competitors for the shirt are both 2 years younger. A move to one of the big clubs, playing Champions League, could be the boost needed to get him there.

I'm sure neither he nor any of us would have expected him to play for Spain or make their next World Cup squad when he signed for us back in 2019. Both club and player have benefited massively from his time here. I'm just enjoying every extra game he plays for us. It all feels like bonus time to me.
I do not disagree with much of what you say, however, what I understand is that all players at Brentford appear to be for sale if our price is met. We are an honourable club, and if we agree that a player can leave we will keep word. If that is the case why does DR not sign another contract with a wage increase together with a promise that he can leave should a big club come in for him. His decision not to sign an extension will only lead to an unsuitable transfer or to him running down his contract. If his intention is to run his contract down then surely that must be for reasons of money.
 

David Raya

Ajax have signed Rulli from Villarreal an Argentina international goalkeeper, hopefully that’ll mean one less club Raya would join now
I doubt they could afford him
 

David Raya

Possibly the best keeper we’ve ever had, would be unbelievable if we could get him to sign an extension
Best goalkeeper we’ve ever owned.

But there is an interesting debate to be had re: Raya vs Szczesney

Who would you rather have today?
 

David Raya

Churlish to say, but it’s difficult to focus on what Grealish is saying when his hair looks so very silly.

It’s right what he says about Kepa though.
 

David Raya

Raya’s distribution is unreal and enables fast counter attacks and have the team much higher up the pitch to build attacks. Did he not take a free kick on the half way line on Monday allowing us to have more bodies in around the box with Rico being the speed merchant to cut out any counterattacks? His ability to pull off incredible saves and being so important offensively is a magic combination making him number 1 with Chesney ? 2 but both still light years away from every other stopper I have seen which was very much the expected role
 

David Raya

Raya’s distribution is unreal and enables fast counter attacks and have the team much higher up the pitch to build attacks. Did he not take a free kick on the half way line on Monday allowing us to have more bodies in around the box with Rico being the speed merchant to cut out any counterattacks? His ability to pull off incredible saves and being so important offensively is a magic combination making him number 1 with Chesney ? 2 but both still light years away from every other stopper I have seen which was very much the expected role
He did that before earlier in the season, I can’t recall against who but it resulted in a goal. Across the field to Mee, who headed it back across the box and resulted in a goal
 

David Raya

He did that before earlier in the season, I can’t recall against who but it resulted in a goal. Across the field to Mee, who headed it back across the box and resulted in a goal
Man City.
 

David Raya

This thread is duplicating the winter transfer one. Therefore it will be closed until Jan 31.

It can be opened on application to me via DM
 

David Raya

Easy day at the office for DR today.

Suspicion of handling it outside the area just before he got flattened??
 

David Raya

Genuinely interested as to why, I have seen him twice and he looked good but obviously wouldn’t base my opinion on that alone, what can you tell us about him?
I doubt anyone is expert on any potential keeper but with Kellerher, he looks a good, calm keeper with decent feet who has never let Liverpool down when he has played. No doubt the recruitment team know far more than us on here particularly in such a specialist area.
 

David Raya

VAR checked it, came off his chest.

Got to say, his half volley in the first half scared the living daylights out of me!
We had a mid-match debate on this - why would VAR be used if it was a potential free-kick outside the box not a pen? Still unresolved!
 

David Raya

I doubt anyone is expert on any potential keeper but with Kellerher, he looks a good, calm keeper with decent feet who has never let Liverpool down when he has played. No doubt the recruitment team know far more than us on here particularly in such a specialist area.
According to the Beeb,Liverpool willing to sell him at the end of the season as he wants first team football.
If DR will not sign a new contract I would think Kelleher would be a good signing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom