David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

I worry we won’t find a keeper as good as David next season he’s top quality who knows we could get lucky and nobody will come in for him …
 

David Raya

We won’t find one as good as him. There is very few at his level in world football.
I think he’s top 3 in the prem I’m crossing my fingers none of the big 6 come in for him but it’s gonna happen eventually unfortunately. He just does everything so calmly.
 

David Raya

I worry we won’t find a keeper as good as David next season he’s top quality who knows we could get lucky and nobody will come in for him …
Depends - do we want to keep for for another season and lose him for nothing whilst retaining some continuity or do we want to cash in when he has a decent value and then try to find an adequate replacement? For me it is a real coin flip...
 

David Raya

I think he’s top 3 in the prem I’m crossing my fingers none of the big 6 come in for him but it’s gonna happen eventually unfortunately. He just does everything so calmly.
Don't worry.
He's definitely gonna be gone mate.
Dead to me already..........
 

David Raya

Depends - do we want to keep for for another season and lose him for nothing whilst retaining some continuity or do we want to cash in when he has a decent value and then try to find an adequate replacement? For me it is a real coin flip...
If he wants to go and there is a willing and suitable buyer we are highly unlikely to keep him against his will. That rarely ends well...
 

David Raya

We won’t find one as good as him. There is very few at his level in world football.

You can equally say we have developed him and turned him into the keeper he is today.................... We will need to be patient and believe we can do the same with his successor.

I would love to see us put faith in Cox if he's that highly rated.
 

David Raya

Say whatever you must but if you think no other clubs will be interested in Raya in summer you are naive
I didn’t say that I said I was hoping no other team come in for him ? and you piped up with a very childish comment …
 

David Raya

Depends - do we want to keep for for another season and lose him for nothing whilst retaining some continuity or do we want to cash in when he has a decent value and then try to find an adequate replacement? For me it is a real coin flip...
You bring up a very good point realistically there’s only a few teams who can afford him he’s said he wants champions league so that leaves, Man U Chelsea Spurs City out of them 4 I can only see Chelsea maybe putting a bid in.
 

David Raya

You bring up a very good point realistically there’s only a few teams who can afford him he’s said he wants champions league so that leaves, Man U Chelsea Spurs City out of them 4 I can only see Chelsea maybe putting a bid in.
He's an upgrade for Spurs and United - why wouldn't they bid for a keeper who's probably going to 'only' cost £20-25m? And that's pocket money for Chelsea...

Not to mention there are probably quite a few teams in Europe who would be interested - for example Neuer will be 37 next season and only has a year left on his contract. Raya's style would make him a perfect replacement.

He's been brilliant but he's gone in the summer.
 

David Raya

Depends - do we want to keep for for another season and lose him for nothing whilst retaining some continuity or do we want to cash in when he has a decent value and then try to find an adequate replacement? For me it is a real coin flip...
Staying up is worth about £100m maybe more compared to what we will get for raya maybe £20m or so but I’d imagine we have to sell someone for ffp reasons as we’ve not done so for a while
 

David Raya

Staying up is worth about £100m maybe more compared to what we will get for raya maybe £20m or so but I’d imagine we have to sell someone for ffp reasons as we’ve not done so for a while
Staying up is worth more than 100M?
 

David Raya

Staying up is worth about £100m maybe more compared to what we will get for raya maybe £20m or so but I’d imagine we have to sell someone for ffp reasons as we’ve not done so for a while
Are we making losses?
 

David Raya

Dunno but we've spent a fair bit on KLP, damsgaard and schade without bringing in any proper fees over the last year
As I understand it we made something like £50m profit last season without any significant sales. Those three come to about a third of this season’s PL money. We don’t have to sell to keep going at the moment but when we do start that cycle again it’ll be to push us up another level not just to keep us solvent. As indeed our buying and selling in the Championship did, which is why the majority of our players who make it onto the pitch are still ones we bought in our last two Champs seasons.
 

David Raya

Just a couple of 100 million premier league money
Our wage bill must be significantly higher than when we went up when it was around £40m so I'm sure we have to sell at some point
 

David Raya

Our wage bill must be significantly higher than when we went up when it was around £40m so I'm sure we have to sell at some point
That £41 million was total wage, players, staff and directors, and included £12m of promotion related bonuses. Interestingly, player trading resulted in a £44m profit, so covered those costs.

We'll need to wait for the following year's figures to see the PL changes but overall losses were £9m which, in the context now of 2 years in the league, are almost insignificant. Clearly, we've spent on new players since, so player trading will be negative, but we can't have overspent significantly on income, even if it is delayed a year on the expenditure (hence the Barclay's loans). We'll sell on our terms, so the player trading account will not be skewed too much but may be neutral in the second year.
 

David Raya

Let me know if we're all sick of me posting these but yet another table topper on TheOther14. Another example of the way our defenders force opposition into potshots from difficult spots, and the consistency with which Raya stops them. Will miss him dearly next season.
 

Attachments

  • FoXrPkWXwAIpPBi.jpeg
    FoXrPkWXwAIpPBi.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 138

David Raya

According to the Beeb,Liverpool willing to sell him at the end of the season as he wants first team football.
If DR will not sign a new contract I would think Kelleher would be a good signing.
Fully agree with your suggestion, I was going to suggest it myself a couple of weeks back. Seems solid, just depends on what Liverpool want for him.
 

David Raya

Fully agree with your suggestion, I was going to suggest it myself a couple of weeks back. Seems solid, just depends on what Liverpool want for him.
I'd be happy with him as well, he's nicely in-between the youth of cox and the experience of Strakosha. Would be good competition for both. Only problem is I'm not sure we could satisfy both his and strakoshas expectations for minutes, though strakosha seems a touch injury prone so that problem might resolve itself
 

David Raya

Sell him. Dont get this "keep him another year". Take the money. Why wouldnt we?

I dont ever really recall us winding down a players contract other than Clayton Donaldson.

Raya is amazing, but if he dont wanna stay, lets get someone in the team who does.
 

David Raya

But we've never been in a situation where letting someone leave on a free might be better business than selling them
 

David Raya

But we've never been in a situation where letting someone leave on a free might be better business than selling them
It may financially suit David Rays to leave on a free and negotiate a substantially larger signing-on fee from his new employer.
 

David Raya

Let me know if we're all sick of me posting these but yet another table topper on TheOther14. Another example of the way our defenders force opposition into potshots from difficult spots, and the consistency with which Raya stops them. Will miss him dearly next season.
Is it just me or does that not also say that we're allowing the 4th highest number of shots from INSIDE the pen area?
 

David Raya

Is it just me or does that not also say that we're allowing the 4th highest number of shots from INSIDE the pen area?
By volume sure but look at the ratios of the type of shots. Most teams are saving twice as many or more from inside the box as out. Volume ignores the context that we invite pressure as counter attackers and plan for blocking lots of shots. The volume of saves, inside the box and out, is also an indicator of not just rayas talent but also the quality of shot that our opponents are afforded (i.e. poor ones that were likely to save it block and start a counter from)
 

David Raya

Is it just me or does that not also say that we're allowing the 4th highest number of shots from INSIDE the pen area?
How many have we conceded from each of the three different areas? I think few from inside 6 yards (not sure I can remember any- so we must have tightened up from corners). I suspect the ones from inside the area are mostly from only just inside. We’re pushing opponents to shoot from further out and now saving and blocking a lot. The Newcastle and Villa games probably skew things against us somewhat.
 

David Raya

I know he will leave just don’t want him to ?
There was an old saying when I was a young man. If you're heartbroken and struggling to get over your girlfriend dumping you, just think of her on the lavatory. We shall use the Fulham playoff final to apply the same principle to David's depature.
 

David Raya

There was an old saying when I was a young man. If you're heartbroken and struggling to get over your girlfriend dumping you, just think of her on the lavatory. We shall use the Fulham playoff final to apply the same principle to David's depature.
Good saying I like it !
 

David Raya

Glad we are past the Transfer deadline as the Spurs keeper is out for about 6 weeks with knee injury
 

David Raya

Glad we are past the Transfer deadline as the Spurs keeper is out for about 6 weeks with knee injury
Yep, I messaged a Spurs supporting mate today saying the same. I'm sure they'd have made a big offer. As it stands now there's a chance we could finish above them
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom